A friend of mine

Well that only makes sense. Now in another recent survey, 98% of Democrats polled said they hated Obamacare, and that they detested the degenerate idea of gay marriage, but most of all, they regretted ever having voted for that half-baked little dipshit in the White House. It was like an...ummm...official survey and stuff like that, so, like, its true for sure.

let us please have more polls with 1/100th of the population is surveyed and we try to use it as a gauge of popular views..or trends...

I don't know where you've been, Scorpion, but it's now common knowledge that the majority like ACA.

You see, the gloom and doom over Obamacare was no more than partisan naysaying. The wingnuts could not stand the thought that the current President could have such an achievement. They did all they could to stop it or at least make it seem unsavory. They failed.

Why did you not notice that Obamacare is not a major talking point in ANY of this year's campaigns?

I don't know where you've been, Scorpion, but it's now common knowledge that the majority like ACA.

You see, the gloom and doom over Obamacare was no more than partisan naysaying. The wingnuts could not stand the thought that the current President could have such an achievement. They did all they could to stop it or at least make it seem unsavory. They failed.

Why did you not notice that Obamacare is not a major talking point in ANY of this year's campaigns?
Common knowledge? A month old poll from Rasmussen.

Views of Obamacare hold steady again this week, with over half of voters continuing to express an unfavorable opinion of the national health care law and overwhelming majorities still calling for choices in health insurance that the law doesn’t allow.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 42% of Likely U.S. Voters share a favorable view of the health care law, while 52% view it unfavorably. This includes 19% with a Very Favorable opinion and twice as many (37%) with a Very Unfavorable one.
Voters Still Vote No on Obamacare - Rasmussen Reports trade

brought this link to my attention contending that Faux News (his term) will be eating crow since the survey contends that Republicans like their Obamacare.
I called bullshit and I'm wondering if anyone can see why as I heard nary a peep once I brought it to light.

Survey Most Republicans Who Bought Obamacare Coverage Like Their Plans

Well??
Political party affiliation doesn't mean squat if you didn't have insurance to begin with.
IOW, any person who didn't have insurance and wanted it would, of course, like their plan as opposed to not having one at all.
The title could also have said, Survey of most Democrats Who Bought Obamacare Like Their Plans.
It's like asking whether those surveyed are gay or straight. It DOESN'T matter.

Common knowledge? A month old poll from Rasmussen.

Views of Obamacare hold steady again this week, with over half of voters continuing to express an unfavorable opinion of the national health care law and overwhelming majorities still calling for choices in health insurance that the law doesn’t allow.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 42% of Likely U.S. Voters share a favorable view of the health care law, while 52% view it unfavorably. This includes 19% with a Very Favorable opinion and twice as many (37%) with a Very Unfavorable one.
Voters Still Vote No on Obamacare - Rasmussen Reports trade
A Rasmussen poll. ..

...... :rofl:

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Warning, long rant coming:
All I know for sure, first hand, is that we've now had three negative experiences with the ACA so far this year.

First, our premiums went from five hundred something to eight hundred something (too lazy to check). Second, the Walgreens near our home stopped taking our health care plan. That's an inconvenience, yes, not a deal-breaker, though.

The third one happened about a week ago, when my teenager daughter ended up crying in frustration. She's a high school athlete and is having enough knee pain to keep her up at night. We got a referral to an excellent orthopedic surgeon who actually treats Olympic athletes here at the Olympic Training Center. She was very, very excited.

When we got there, we were told that in the time in between the referral and the appointment they stopped taking our plan due to lower reimbursements and more regulations. That's when she cried in frustration, and I don't like seeing her cry.

Long story short, I've told her that if she's not happy with the guy to whom she has now been referred, I'll just pay for her treatments with the Olympic guy out of pocket.

The ACA is a big fucking mess. We still have SIX (6) different health care payment systems (group, individual, VA, Medicaid, Medicare and indigent). The Dems crammed through a massive pig of a bill and the GOP failed miserably to offer a real alternative. In short, fuck both parties.

Dump this fucking beyond-absurd six payment-system system of ours. Create a foundational system for everyone that takes the monkey off the back of employers and states and provides strong preventive, diagnostic, pharmaceutical coverage. Have one (1) second tier where insurance companies can compete for higher-end individual coverage, as with Medicare Supplements now. This will allow providers to shop for the best reimbursement schedules and it will allow for the type of free-market upgrades that many Medicare Advantage clients find so attractive.

A healthier populace is good, smart economics. Freeing employers from costs and regulations of providing health coverage is good, smart economics. Allowing insurance companies to compete for business by creating and offering attractive upgrades is good, smart economics. Opening the door to the industry that specializes in preventive/diagnostic services, motivating these clinics to pop up faster than Starbucks™, is good, smart economics.

Every last fucking issue that gets polluted by partisan politics gets wrecked.

Last edited:
Sorry about your daughter, Mac. Hope she gets the issue resolved and is back on the field or court or ice soon.

I'm with you on taking employers out of the health care equation.

Now.....as a person who grudgingly supported the ACA....I must ask why you don't acknowledge the fact that the Democrats wanted to do what you suggest. They still do. It was and is politically impossible. The ACA is, at its core, a compromise. Surely you know this.

Also.....are there provisions of the ACA that you think are positive changes? I'm guessing that there are.

Please take a look at what Vermont is going to do in the coming years. I think you may find their solution more to your liking.

Survey was conducted by SSRS.

ICRR -

The SSRS team specializes in creative problem-solving and informed analysis to meet its clients’ research goals.
Navigate our new website to learn more about how SSRS can design and implement research solutions to your strategic, tactical, public opinion, and policy issues.
Even if you don’t know what you’re looking for, SSRS may have a solution for you. We help businesses find answers, build audiences and plan for expansion.
Talk to one of our team members on how to unlock insights about your consumers, public opinion or hard to reach populations. We can help you design, collect and analyze the data you need.
Sounds like a "pay for survey results I need" type of business.

SSRS does public opinion polling for the "Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index" too.

Americans Outlook for U.S. Economy Soars on Hiring and Gasoline - Bloomberg
A measure tracking the economic outlook climbed to 51 this month, the strongest since November 2012, from 41.5 in September, data from the Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index showed today. The weekly sentiment index was little changed at 36.2 for the period ended Oct. 12 from 36.8.
But they don't tell you till further down in the report that a score of 50 is the median, neither good nor bad. It was previously Negative 100 to Positive 100 (-100 to +100)
I guess if you believe THAT then you would believe "74 Percent of Republicans like their ObamaCare".

I gotta' stop for now, I'm falling down a Rabbit Hole!

This friend is hard core liberal.
Any chance, especially with the ACA to show approval of it he wont fail to gloat.
But like I said, political ideology means nothing when you're able to get something you hadn't before.

Forum List

Back