A Fable about Freedom

Discussion in 'Writing' started by ihopehefails, Feb 12, 2010.

1. ihopehefails

ihopehefails BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +228
    ONCE UPON A TIME their was a kingdom ruled by a simple yet wise man that wanted to ensure the freedom of his subjects but was to simple minded to be bogged down with complex laws so he visited a wise owl of the night for advice. The wise owl hooted and said, "Do one thing and one thing and you will be a wise king. Protect the freedom of all forest creatures equally." The king took the wise owl's advice and told his subjects that he was going to protect the freedom of everyone equally. Even though the animals rejoiced they were perplexed what precisely were there new freedoms since they were not stated. They did not know but continued with their lives within the forest.

The next day a rabbit was carrying a stone to his hole and a deer wanted to paint the stone red but the rabbit said "no way Mr. Deer. This is my stone. You will have to paint another one." Mr. Deer did not like that so he went to the king and demanded the king protect his freedom to paint the stone as he promised. The king then said, "if I protected your freedom to paint that stone would I not be violating the freedom of the rabbit to not have the stone painted?" Mr. Deer acknowledged the king's point and did not paint the stone as he wished and the rabbit continued to do as he pleased with the stone.

The king's wizard then exclaimed that the king did a magical encarnation of a new right known as stone rights which was the right to do with your stone as you wish. The king said, "no, I only protected the free will of everyone equally so I created nothing." The king's wizard then realized that the right was not created by the king but must have existed already in the natural forest since the rabbit clearly felt he had a right over the stone without the king declaring it.

The king implemented this one law throughout the forest and freedom reigned until his last days. That is when he decided to visit the wise owl before he goes. He went to his chamber and asked, "how did you know that this would work?" The wise owl hooted, "Do you rule the forest? Is it your laws that determine how it runs?" The king looked out at the night sky and noticed how everything seemed to fit as if the forest had its own laws that made it operate smoothly. The king then realized that it was not his duty as a rightful king to recreate those laws but to protect the functioning of those laws.

Before he passed away he ensured that the one law of the kingdom was to protect the freedom of everyone equally. The kingdom never died and existed as nature intended it to.

The End

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,429
    :cuckoo:

3. MIPS

MIPS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +156
    ihopehefails, Apparently your fable was way too deep for rightwinger to understand, do you happen to have a "For Dummies" version to help him out?

4. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,429
    Too deep......no

Too stupid..........:eusa_whistle:

5. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Man, that's not a good story. I have a better story. Now this is a story about how a guy's got turned upside down. So sit right back. Once upon a time, a man was born in West Philadelphia and was raised there. On the playground, he liked to chill out and liked to play basketball outside of his school.

But then one day, a couple of gentlemen who were up to no good started rebel rousing in his living area. He ended up getting into a fight, which scared his dear mother. So she sent him to live in the most peaceful area of Bel-Air.

He begged and pleaded with her day after day, but she sent him on his way anyway. She gave him a kiss, his ticket, and he said might as well try it.

He enjoyed the planes and cabs of Bel-Air when he arrived. He pulled up to the house around 7 or 8, and finally he was there to enjoy his new living area.

The End.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  6. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,429
    Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed. A poor moutaineer ,barely kept his family fed. And then one day, he was shooting at some food, and up through the ground came a bubbling crude.

Oil that is.

Black Gold

Texas Tea

Well, the first thing you know old Jeds a millionaire, the kin folk said "Jed move away from here" Said Californy is the place you ought to be, so he loaded up the truck and he moved to Beverly.

Hills, that is, swimming pools...movies stars

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  7. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    I got a little story bout a nasty freak
    She's the kind of girl you think about in bed
    Blowjob Betty givin' real good head
    Bust a left nut, right nut in her jaw
    Sperm on her cheeks is all ya saw
    She could blow more head than a whale blows water
    Blowjob Betty make your dick get harder
    She's a one of a kind, a hell of a girl
    A trip and a half around the world
    Catch her gettin' busy, bitch wouldn't stop
    She's the kind of girl that'll make your toes pop
    Every time I used to see her, I would know what's up
    Blowjob Betty better blow me up
    I remember the day when I first met her
    Bitch kinda loose so I knew I'd get her
    Walked up to her said
    "my name is $hort, just what you've been lookin' for"
    Pimp is my game, I do it the best
    Hoe fuck with me, she don't get no rest
    Well after that, I G'ed the freak
    I used to stop by and fuck about twice a week
    And from the very first time I went to her house
    Walked in the door and stuck my dick in her mouth
    $hort Dog'll get bitches anytime I wanna
    Got a big dick and lay it right on her tonsils
    Only stick it in about half way back
    Cause if I put it all in, it bust straight through her neck
    Niggas always sayin' how they fucked that bitch
    But I'm the only nigga that the bitch made rich
    Like any other tramp she loved to fuck
    With any motherfucker got nuts to suck
    I spit game to the bitch, just like this
    Why you runnin' round suckin' all that dick for no money?
    It didn't take long to stay true to the game
    And get my pimpin' on
    But every once in a while you get a stupid hoe
    Bitch ain't about money and she'll never know how to get it
    Blowjob Betty was dumb
    A fiend for a fuck and a mouth full of cum
    She made money for a minute but she loved the sex
    So I cut the bitch loose like a old school 'vette

8. ihopehefails

ihopehefails BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +228
    That was so funny. I hope you keep up the humor in 2010 and 2012 because you are going to need it.

9. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,301
    Four woman live in two different countries, one country is a democracy and the second totalitarian. All the woman believe that they live in complete individual freedom. That value is written into the governing documents of each country. One day the two woman from the democracy decide to go on vacation. One woman buys her ticket and gets on a plane to Bermuda. The other woman has limited resources and when she gets to the airport is told she cannot board the plane without sufficient funds. Finally after much dispute she is arrested and thrown into a state jail.

One day the two woman in the totalitarian state decide to travel abroad. One works in government and gains permission to go to Bermuda. The other woman checks with her local commissar and is told she cannot travel to Bermuda. Travel to Bermuda is not allowed. She disputes the decision and is soon thrown into a state jail. Two woman exercised their freedom two couldn't, yet each held the same value.

If our original premise is they all have equal freedom, why are the results within these two distinct states similar? While the answer is obvious can we then say a person with limited resources is free?

"Where freedom is real, equality is the passion of the masses. Where equality is real, freedom is the passion of a small minority." Eric Hoffer

"The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do." Eric Hoffer

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I'm not much on writing my own stories for a messageboard. However I'd like to share this one, read it back in jr. high: