A dose of truth:

A lot of support comes from jews themselves and Evangelicals. Also any politician support for Israel is due to the fact being anti Israel is political suicide.

Its not so much people are pro Israel is they believe all the anti muslim propaganda put out by Fox news and Israel.
Nope....it means this is still a Christian nation.

We consider Israel our brothers.

This nation is no longer a Christian nation thanks to Jewish influence. As a RC I do not support Israel so not all Christians do, in face even the Evangelicals are pulling away from their backing of Israel.

A lot of support comes from jews themselves and Evangelicals. Also any politician support for Israel is due to the fact being anti Israel is political suicide.

Its not so much people are pro Israel is they believe all the anti muslim propaganda put out by Fox news and Israel.

This nation is no longer a Christian nation thanks to Jewish influence. As a RC I do not support Israel so not all Christians do, in face even the Evangelicals are pulling away from their backing of Israel.

Catholics are against Israel, while true Christians, the Protestants, support Israel.

Catholics are against Israel, while true Christians, the Protestants, support Israel.

I took sociology in college and I learned about the Reformation. Catholics worship the Virgin Mary and the saints, and they have graven images. They do not look into their Bibles directly, but trust their priests to interpret the Bible for them. Thus they aren't true Christians.

You have the Book of Maccabees in your Bible, which Protestants and Jews don't have. Shouldn't that teach you to be Zionists?

You have the Book of Maccabees in your Bible, which Protestants and Jews don't have. Shouldn't that teach you to be Zionists?

You really should read it, might give you an idea of where Hanukah came from. There is a reason Protestants didn't put it in, King James didn't authorize it.

I took sociology in college and I learned about the Reformation. Catholics worship the Virgin Mary and the saints, and they have graven images. They do not look into their Bibles directly, but trust their priests to interpret the Bible for them. Thus they aren't true Christians.

Really you learned that in sociology class. Then you should of taken history as well since the US was never set up as a Christian nation, but more like Unitarian and Deist. There would not be Protestants if not for the Roman Catholic church , like it or not, and there would not be a Bible either, the Jews would have their Talmud which is really their book. Graven Images, beautiful artwork, is admired, not worshipped. You really should know what your talking about when opening your mouth. While its true, many RC do not crack open the Bible, they hear it in church instead of hour long sermons, some of us do and many of us know that there was no exodus and the books in it were not wrote by God but by many men over many years, and Moses never penned the Torah , that came after the exile.

I'm not Jewish or evangelical, I support Israel 100%. If I was a younger man, I'd go there and help defend them.

I visited Israel when I was in the Navy. We stopped at the port of Ashdod. The Israelis were fantastic toward us. Had the best time, ate some great food saw all of the sights, loved it all.

Palastinians are worthless savages.
I'm not Jewish or evangelical, I support Israel 100%. If I was a younger man, I'd go there and help defend them.

I visited Israel when I was in the Navy. We stopped at the port of Ashdod. The Israelis were fantastic toward us. Had the best time, ate some great food saw all of the sights, loved it all.

Palastinians are worthless savages.

When you were in the navy, I imagine so, but I take it your a conservative, the maj or Israelites are secular. What did you have to do with the Palestinians, to say such a thing, also what year were you there.

Israelites? Secular? WTF?

The Palastinians are ruthless treacherous murdering scum. History shows that quite clearly.

I was there in 1979.

Where were you in 1979 and what did you witness?

My ship was docked in Ashdod. I spent the majority of my time at local pubs except for the times I took guided tours to Jerusalem and other places like the Dead Sea.

I saw all of the tourist areas of Jerusalem, as a history buff I was awestruck.

Catholicism is only one segment of Christianity. Most Christians in America are Protestant, while many from Europe, South and Central America are Catholic. America was formed by folks trying to escape the Catholic Church and religious persecution. They wanted religious freedom. Catholics, Protestants, and seculars alike came here.

Last edited:

Yeah well I'm catholic and I support Israel 100%

You don't know Catholics at all. We worship God and Jesus predominately. Mary is sacred as the mother of God but we do not worship her. There are no graven images in the Catholic Church, at least not anything that other faiths don't have.

Well for all Christians here Jordan is where Jesus was baptized, and also it rather doesn't matter as the Jordan is so polluted that they say baptism is dangerous. From what I have read some Christian churches have been set fire to, and well one can see a city everywhere and also a desert and a polluted sea coast. I really fail to see it as a "holy land" but that is me.

Well for all Christians here Jordan is where Jesus was baptized, and also it rather doesn't matter as the Jordan is so polluted that they say baptism is dangerous. From what I have read some Christian churches have been set fire to, and well one can see a city everywhere and also a desert and a polluted sea coast. I really fail to see it as a "holy land" but that is me.
Was it so 2000 years ago?

Doubtful.

What really matters is what the American people and those that represent them in the House and Senate think!

Support for Israel runs extremely strong across both parties and an overwhelming majority of American public.

House UNANIMOUSLY Stands Up for Israel Against Hamas

US Senate Passes Bipartisan Resolution In Support of Israel

Senate Resolution Unanimously Welcomes Netanyahu - 02/28/2015

Gallup Poll: Seven in Ten Americans Continue To View Israel Favorably

New Poll Shows Strong American Support For Israel

Fuck Obama!

Just goes to show....

MONEY TALKS!

Is the American public being bribed into supporting Israel? How so?

More like brainwashed, the politicians are the ones who are bribed.

Nice cop out for an asylum escapee. More like Americans are on the right side of history and the truth.

Wring again asylum escapee, the American public overwhelmingly supports Israel.

Maybe, but the young in America and the rest of the world do not. Even in the U.S. things are changing:

"Polls conducted in late July by Gallup and the Pew Research Center found that support for Israel is weaker among younger Americans and Democrats than among Americans generally. Add to that the results of a recent focus group culled from 12 congressional staffers — a small but very influential cohort — and pro-Israel activists are worried about the long-term sustainability of broad U.S. support for Israel in Congress."

Ebbing support for Israel among key groups stirring alarm Jewish Telegraphic Agency

Nobody is worried. Americans stand shoulder to shoulder with Israel. Stop jerking yourself off to speculation.

Just facts that pro-Israel activists have disclosed, through the Jewish Telegraphic Agency. No speculation, quit jerking yourself off in desperation.

Said the antisemitic troll who uses the same wiki site often. However when it contains historical facts that contradict the lies being perpetrated by the Monte bigot, he resorts to the usual "Hasbara" cheap baseless name calling.

Moderation Message:

Getting a bit contentious again? The topic allows discussion of what religious ethnic factions (American) support Israel. Even to the extent of SOME personal anecdotes. But the flaming is gonna get folks warned.

FCT

Was it so 2000 years ago?

Doubtful.

Jordan River was part of ancient Israel. There was no "Jordan" back then. The asylum escapee has little historical or factual knowledge. It's all hatred and made up fantasy.

That's not necessarily true. I know many Catholics that are very pro Israel. The antisemites are the old holdouts from pre Vatican II, who still harbor the same medieval hatreds and still look at Jews as "Christ killers". They are no different ideologically than Islamists.

You know I never watch Fox News... I usually get my information from PBS, Al Jazeera, CCTV, and more liberal to communist news sites because I prefer to read their propaganda and then tear it apart with facts which is lacking in your response.

The country support Israel because it is a Proxy War ally of ours. We support Israel because Iran, Russia and China support terrorist like Hamas and Hezbollah and we give Israel money and arms to fight those Proxy Armies.

Now when will the Palestinian learn they're just pawns in a Proxy War between the U.S and those I have mentioned?

When will the people of Palestine understand that we can remove Israel from the region but the people of Palestine will still be consider the second class citizen amongst the Muslim world?

When will you learn that Israel will be around long after you are gone?

Now please take a moment and before you write something about my Jewish blood please note I am not ashamed of being mixed with Lebanese, so remember that and try to answer the questions with logic and not the typical Al-Jazeera cliffs notes...

Obama is a born Muslim.....an apostate....he's not a Jew.

He decided that this is not a Christian nation anymore.......on his own, without asking us first.....something he has no say in.

That's not necessarily true. I know many Catholics that are very pro Israel. The antisemites are the old holdouts from pre Vatican II, who still harbor the same medieval hatreds and still look at Jews as "Christ killers". They are no different ideologically than Islamists.

The typical Opus Dei supporter?

The poster remind me of the type that supported the Hutton Gibson train of thought, and to me that is disturbing...

Forum List

Back