A declining Colorado river

Well, why are you still driving a car and using electricity?
Well, if for no other reason, I cannot yet afford an EV, and virtually all of the electricity I use is from renewable sources. I drive my vehicles until the wheels fall off, so my next vehicles will be EV's. In the meantime, with that level of question and logic, have you considered being checked for dementia?

Well, if for no other reason, I cannot yet afford an EV, and virtually all of the electricity I use is from renewable sources. I drive my vehicles until the wheels fall off, so my next vehicles will be EV's. In the meantime, with that level of question and logic, have you considered being checked for dementia?
Electricity does not come from mostly renewable resources.

Wind and Solar only make up about 5% of our electricity generation.

Exactly.
The desert Southwest is exactly that...a fucken desert.
The dems are responsible for bleeding the Colorado dry.
Funny how the desert was there before humans came here. Now the wrongers wish to attribute the desert to California. Strange how even the other side of earth is dry.

Lake Mead is being sucked dry by Vegas and Fornicalia.
las vegas is supposed to be pretty good at conserving water according to Michael Cohen, an expert on the Colorado River basin at the Pacific Institute, an independent think tank focused on water conservation.

“Vegas has done a pretty good job in the last ten-to-14 years now recognizing water is a scarce resource. They’ve done that despite incredible population growth,” “They’re using less water now than they did 14 years ago. … They’ve been aggressive, and they seem to be, at least in the short term, on a reasonably good path.”

las vegas is supposed to be pretty good at conserving water according to Michael Cohen, an expert on the Colorado River basin at the Pacific Institute, an independent think tank focused on water conservation.

“Vegas has done a pretty good job in the last ten-to-14 years now recognizing water is a scarce resource. They’ve done that despite incredible population growth,” “They’re using less water now than they did 14 years ago. … They’ve been aggressive, and they seem to be, at least in the short term, on a reasonably good path.”
Uh-huh....How about all those thirsty people and crops in SoCal, being irrigated from Lake Mead?...The Colorado River is the only large source of fresh water.

Electricity does not come from mostly renewable resources.

Wind and Solar only make up about 5% of our electricity generation.
I overstated that, just 62.2% of Oregon's power comes from renewables.

Wind and solar make up over 10% of our national energy supply. And that percentage is rapidly increasing.

“Vegas has done a pretty good job in the last ten-to-14 years now recognizing water is a scarce resource. They’ve done that despite incredible population growth,”

What was their first clue?

wall-murals-nevada-desert-road-color-toned-travel-concept-picture-usa.jpg.jpg

I overstated that, just 62.2% of Oregon's power comes from renewables.

Wind and solar make up over 10% of our national energy supply. And that percentage is rapidly increasing.
Wrong, the percentage is not “rapidly increasing”. It’s rapidly slowing down since it’s hitting its ceiling. Those sources can only contribute a small amount and are not feasible to sustain a large power grid. They also aren’t financially sustainable so the money is starting to dry up for building new solar and wind generation.

Forum List

Back