A Conservative's view on waterboarding

Here's a scenario for y'all:

Quite recently, our security services intercepted the components of a dirty bomb being smuggled into the United States.

Which would you prefer:

a. that we got down and dirty, got the information we needed, and intercepted the dirty bomb components.

b. that we play by the rules of morality, did not get the information, the terrorist got the components into the country, set it off at, say, a major sporting event.... let's go with the superbowl. Thousands died in the initial blast, hundreds of thousands died in the following years. And one of America's major cities, and it's surrounding areas became an uninhabitable wasteland for hundreds of years.

It is all very well to be against such techniques, I think we are all theoretically against such things. At the end of the day, no matter what led us here, this is where we are and I for one will stand by those who do whatever it takes to keep the rest of us safe to bitch and moan and complain about them.

I've always wondered why people who think waterboarding is great don't want it done in prisons or in trials.

If waterboarding has a magical way of getting even scumbag terrorists to become genuine, honest people instantly, why not do it to scumbag rapists, murderers etc?

Who said it was great? its a tool being used against animals who have utterly no hesitation in slaughtering innocent people for no other reason than they don't worship the same religion.

I'm having an extremely hard time coming up with any compassion for the tools of Islam had I my choice they would suffer very long and horrible deaths. We expect our Government to use everything within its power to fulfill the one role where it might do some good that being protect our nation and people how they do it is up to them.

so if the govt decided to round up all americans of a certain ethnic or religious background in order to protect us, you'd be okay with that?

If one of these animals setup a nuke in a city to explode in 5 hours and you had captured him would you really just ask him harsh questions to find out where its at?

oye, what a joke. Waterboarding is not torture. It is uncomfortable. It's scary, but it's still not torture. If we start lopping off fingers and crushing testicles- that is torture.

I've always wondered why people who think waterboarding is great don't want it done in prisons or in trials.

If waterboarding has a magical way of getting even scumbag terrorists to become genuine, honest people instantly, why not do it to scumbag rapists, murderers etc?

Who said it was great? its a tool being used against animals who have utterly no hesitation in slaughtering innocent people for no other reason than they don't worship the same religion.

I'm having an extremely hard time coming up with any compassion for the tools of Islam had I my choice they would suffer very long and horrible deaths. We expect our Government to use everything within its power to fulfill the one role where it might do some good that being protect our nation and people how they do it is up to them.

Tools of islam lol, so we should waterboard people for being muslim i guess.

So if "Government to use everything within its power to fulfill the one role where it might do some good that being protect our nation and people how they do it is up to them" than you think it should be used on rape suspects and murder suspects here right?

Last edited:

so if the govt decided to round up all americans of a certain ethnic or religious background in order to protect us, you'd be okay with that?

If one of these animals setup a nuke in a city to explode in 5 hours and you had captured him would you really just ask him harsh questions to find out where its at?

is that a yes or a no?

is that a yes or a no?

The answer is in his lack of answer.

Nobody is suggesting that. We used waterboarding on 3 scumbags. We obtained information that stopped terrorist plots. I think it was a good call.

is that a yes or a no?

Its the same Hypothetical as your question since American citizens are not being "rounded" up there is no point in worrying about it. But when that day comes I suspect we'll have larger issues to worry about such as the "government" doing what ever the hell it wants and we''not be able to do much about it.

The Question I asked you is much closer to the truth 'is that a yes or no'

Red herring, but I'll answer: No.

WTF does your hypothesis have to do with selectively waterboarding terrorists?

Nobody is suggesting that. We used waterboarding on 3 scumbags. We obtained information that stopped terrorist plots. I think it was a good call.

you're welcome to your opinion.

there is no proof that it stopped anything.

Moral of the story - waterboarding, which leaves no permenant damage, is wrong. Putting a bullet in an someone's head is A-OK.

Liberal logic at its best folks.

So, we should be a "cruel and unusual punishment" country now as well as a death sentence country.
Waterboarding, in the context of the conversation, isn't "punishment."

We should have pulled out of Afganistan 6 months after we went in and never have went into Iraq.

Abu Grabass was not a college prank.
Gitmo prisoners should have gotten due proccess under our laws.
And I am not thrilled that we essentially assisaniated OBL.
That is not how the USA is supposed to operate.

We would have been in Iraq in very short order anyway as it was crumbling under corrupt UN sanctions. When that hapenned we would have either gone in, or let it fall to the Iranians and the Russians. As for Afghanistan.. I may agree with you here. As for the rest, Abu Grahb was a disgrace, agreed. Terrorists captured on enemy soil are not entitled to constitutional protections. As for UBL... I really do not care either way. I will say this, nothing has changed... he was neutered nearly a decade ago.

And I don't really care about waterboarding either for the record.

We should have pulled out of Afganistan 6 months after we went in and never have went into Iraq.

Abu Grabass was not a college prank.
Gitmo prisoners should have gotten due proccess under our laws.
And I am not thrilled that we essentially assisaniated OBL.
That is not how the USA is supposed to operate.

What are you going to do, if he doesn't surrender? With the SEALS you only get one chance. It's war, people die.

Umm it is not a legal declared war.
The war in Afghanistan?
Sure it is. On all counts.

is that a yes or a no?

The answer is in his lack of answer.

You worry about your answers princess not others

I'm not "worried" about your individual view, there's all sorts of you bigots all over this country. We need another MLK Jr now more than ever.

Tools of Islam was your quote, you already provided the answer, if you think terrorists are tools of islam than of course you want everyone who practices the islam faith to be handled as such.

Moral of the story - waterboarding, which leaves no permenant damage, is wrong. Putting a bullet in an someone's head is A-OK.

Liberal logic at its best folks.

So, we should be a "cruel and unusual punishment" country now as well as a death sentence country.
Waterboarding isn't "punishment."

Its doesn't really matter as far as I am concerned our government did what it felt was necessary to protect our Nation from the Islamic animals that have no problems killing as many as they can. For that I applaud them for having the backbone to take the steps to hunt down and kill the Islamic Tools

Forum List

Back