A Cardiologist Speaks

I’ve done multi-day water fasts annually for about ten years. Ive found that after about 48 hours I get a feeling of near euphoria. My body feels very good and strong. In my research this tends to be a common experience with fasting.

I intend to do “dry fasts“ in the near future. The research indicates they are much more beneficial to the body as it eliminates harmful wastes and heals the body.

This guy is an expert on dry fasts.

I discovered water fasting 50 years ago. It changed my life. :)

Some experts claim it can significantly extend your life, but I’m not sure I want to stay here longer than I have to. Lol.
My 'revenge' is to outlive everyone else. Seems to be working. Most of my HS classmates, friends, and even my siblings are all gone.

My 'revenge' is to outlive everyone else. Seems to be working. Most of my classmates, friends, and even my siblings are all gone.

I too am the last of my family. I learned that my best friend from junior high, who stayed my best friend until we were in our 30's, died in 2015. Have not bothered to look up too many of the rest. I moved a lot and lost track long ago.

I too am the last of my family. I learned that my best friend from junior high, who stayed my best friend until we were in our 30's, died in 2015. Have not bothered to look up too many of the rest. I moved a lot and lost track long ago.

We no longer have HS reunions, so I've lost track as well.

My revenge is more "I told you so" (posthumously) than anything. My brother and sister wouldn't listen to me regarding health, and they're both gone. That said they also carried emotional baggage that I didn't carry.
Agreed.

I’ve studied health and nutrition most of my life. Recognizing that much of what we have been told by the establishment is utter bs and still is.

I’ve tried helping my two surviving siblings to no avail. They believe everything their doctors and the establishment tell them. Both take multiple big pharma poison pills, took the Covid vax and boosters, and adhere to a low fat little meat near vegan diet. They constantly tell me about their ailments and like to say how lucky I am to not to have any health problems. Yet they refuse to listen to anything I say, even when I provide documented studies.

I gave up on them years ago.

Agreed.

I’ve studied health and nutrition most of my life. Recognizing that much of what we have been told by the establishment is utter bs and still is.

I’ve tried helping my two surviving siblings to no avail. They believe everything their doctors and the establishment tell them. Both take multiple big pharma poison pills, took the Covid vax and boosters, and adhere to a low fat little meat near vegan diet. They constantly tell me about their ailments and like to say how lucky I am to not to have any health problems. Yet they refuse to listen to anything I say, even when I provide documented studies.

I gave up on them years ago.
I just wanted to let you know that this is the first time I've heard of this doctor mentioning a dry fast, but I've heard of it, and it came from someone I respect. I still don't know anything about it, but I'll look more into it.

I just wanted to let you know that this is the first time I've heard of this doctor mentioning a dry fast, but I've heard of it, and it came from someone I respect. I still don't know anything about it, but I'll look more into it.

He confirms much of what I’ve learned. Thanks for posting.

There are different ways to fast. I've done the 16-8 fast diet, the 24-hour water fast, and the 3-5 day fasting-mimicking diet. I think the latter is the hardest but it's probably the most effective in terms of cell repair, which is probably the ultimate benefit of fasting.

It is very simple.
And you don't need to watch an hour long video to know what everyone already knows......

WHAT KILLS AMERICANS......
murai-B09B2XYYXQ-600x600.jpg

download.png

snack.jpg

You are absolutely right on the 7 day fast! I didn't mention this on the thread, but he says that you have a 70% less chance of getting cancer if you do a 7 day water fast. Completely recycles and expels free radicals. I don't know what a DRY fast is, and have you done one?
A statement without scientific evidence is nothing but opinion.

A 7 day fast will not cure the ills of a lifetime of shitty eating habits.

A statement without scientific evidence is nothing but opinion.

A 7 day fast will not cure the ills of a lifetime of shitty eating habits.
A 7 day 'complete' fast without proper preparation or supervision would be dangerous for most people.

Sadly, fasting, in its many forms, is often just another quick-fix 'pill' that many people use in order avoid real life-style changes.

Last edited:

A dry fast is simply a complete fast without drinking any fluids. It can be hard on the kidneys as urine would be concentrated.

Forum List

Back