A brief history of (Christian) God

#10 Still bewildered by the evil

God still allows mankind his free will to choose between right and wrong because he knows that man does not become a good being in and of himself by force. God holds to free will because it is the only way mankind can truly become good beings. And when man chooses evil or simply by virtue of the fact the principle of evil exists, some will blame God for it. God has always known that man would have his free will and that some would choose evil over good. That is the price of having goodness exist and freewill. Was God bewildered? Not even close. God knew that man in his imperfect state would make bad choices and prepared a way for them to overcome the bad by planning for the atonement before the foundation of the world.

1 Peter 1:18-21
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
Your god just makes no sense. Epicurus figured it out 2300 years ago:

If your god is willing to prevent evil, but not able
Then he is not omnipotent.

If he is not willing to prevent evil, but able
Then he is malevolent.

If he is willing, and able
From whence cometh evil?

If he is neither willing, nor able
Then why call him God?

being Triumphant against evil is a minimal requirement for Admission to the Everlasting. or just perish when your time is up, life is a test for everyone where success is the only means for advancement.
So the God you imagine is malevolent. Got it.

the gatekeeper to the Everlasting the barrier to such beliefs as the awfulness of construed christianity, the desert religions duplicitous adherents the opposite of malevolent the enforcer of temporal truth. the guardian for the genome of life. and those who have succeeded.
...I'm sure that this made sense in your had. Perhaps try again a bit later, and post something other than word salad?

the gatekeeper to the Everlasting the barrier to such beliefs as the awfulness of construed christianity, the desert religions duplicitous adherents the opposite of malevolent the enforcer of temporal truth. the guardian for the genome of life. and those who have succeeded.

...I'm sure that this made sense in your had. Perhaps try again a bit later, and post something other than word salad?

not everyone has your simplistic mentality, the understanding of which, the subject matter, extends back in time before the advent of humanity ... you needn't be scared.

Your god just makes no sense. Epicurus figured it out 2300 years ago:

If your god is willing to prevent evil, but not able
Then he is not omnipotent.

If he is not willing to prevent evil, but able
Then he is malevolent.

If he is willing, and able
From whence cometh evil?

If he is neither willing, nor able
Then why call him God?

being Triumphant against evil is a minimal requirement for Admission to the Everlasting. or just perish when your time is up, life is a test for everyone where success is the only means for advancement.

not everyone has your simplistic mentality, the understanding of which, the subject matter, extends back in time before the advent of humanity ... you needn't be scared.
If you say so. Your wrods didn't frighten me. They made no sense. It was word salad.

Okay. "God could stop the evil, but he wants to watch man suffer through it, instead.

evil exists within the confines of humanity as the christian 4th century political document or the documents of any of the religions attesting the Everlasting or their verbal admissions it is up to humanity to set their course as prescribed, Noah sink or swim. the genome of life is the antitheses to atheism in as change over time is allowed only through specific parameters irregardless of disposition.
Your god is evil, malevolent, and uncaring. Got it.

again, you rely on simplistic non relevant responses as though the culmination to a life's endeavor should be equated in terms of a minimal adolescent understanding for the subject matter. is the accountability for an atheist at life's ending meaningless, for you, the reason for your simplicity.

Okay. "God could stop the evil, but he wants to watch man suffer through it, instead.

evil exists within the confines of humanity as the christian 4th century political document or the documents of any of the religions attesting the Everlasting or their verbal admissions it is up to humanity to set their course as prescribed, Noah sink or swim. the genome of life is the antitheses to atheism in as change over time is allowed only through specific parameters irregardless of disposition.

is the accountability for an atheist at life's ending meaningless...
Yes, it is. As is everyone's. See, that is the problem with your mythical god that no one can observe, or find any objective evidence to support the existence of. It convinces one to yearn for this magical afterlife, where "everything will be better", when one should be spending one's energies in making this life better.

Yes, it is. As is everyone's. See, that is the problem with your mythical god that no one can observe, or find any objective evidence to support the existence of. It convinces one to yearn for this magical afterlife, where "everything will be better", when one should be spending one's energies in making this life better.

See, that is the problem with your mythical god that no one can observe ...

there is nothing mythical to the genome of life it's physical characteristics, physiology is observable. evolution is progressive from those in existence to their future progeny by means of a spiritual connection to the genome that works to enhance future generations - that is why evil is not allowed beyond the poser when their time is up, they parish where others may return to the Everlasting to be contributing members.

there is nothing mythical to the genome of life it's physical characteristics, physiology is observable. evolution is progressive from those in existence to their future progeny by means of a spiritual connection to the genome that works to enhance future generations - that is why evil is not allowed beyond the poser when their time is up, they parish where others may return to the Everlasting to be contributing members.
Sooo...you worship DNA? You are a strange little money, aren't you?

if you really knew anything about religion you would know worshiping does not exist, is evil.

the genome of life within the Everlasting is where a spirit originates and may return when their physiology expires ... the Everlasting ruled by the Almighty ...

So your solution is that God should take away the free will? Is your solution that God should not have created goodness and thereby created it opposite, evil? How can man have free will without a choice?
My contention is that an All Powerful god should have the ability to create free will and prevent evil. After all, there is nothing that an all-powerful being cannot do. If you are insisting that he cannot do this, then you are admitting that he is not all-powerful.

God is not an all powerful being in the sense that he can do absolutely anything imaginable. God is an all powerful being who can do all things that are possible to do. In our finite state we can't even imagine everything that is possible. But God can and He has the power to do those things. However, there are things that not even God can do. For example, God cannot be an absolutely evil being and an absolutely good being throughout all eternity. God cannot create out of nothing that which is self-existent. God cannot not exist and exit simultaneously, etc. There are things that are eternal impossibilities. Thus God is a being who is all powerful in the sense that He can do all things that are possible. But eternal impossibilities exist. A few of these things we have been discussing:

Doctrine and Covenants 93:29
29 Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.

Self-existent entities are not create

2 Nephi 2:11
11 For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my firstborn in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility.

For good to exist, its opposite must also exist

So you think it's better people believe in God than not. I get that. I have to pause on that. If people want to they should be free to believe. outside here of course

No, that's not what I said. The atheists in my family (for the most part) are not stating a course of action they are determined to follow. For them, it is a realization from the heart. They recognize they don't believe. Some even want to believe, but they know deep in their hearts, no matter how much they may want to, they just don't. How can I state that people should lie to themselves--or to me?

People need to decide where they stand on the issue. The only thing people with opposing viewpoints need to do is to understand the other's position and why that is where they stand. My family (again for the most part, most of the time) understand my perspective. So we banter about whether I see things differently, or whether it is they who see things differently. :)
And ya know, if more Christians had this "Live, and let live" attitudes, and would stop trying to pass laws to make everyone behave in accordance with their religion-based morality, I would move Christianity into the same category as Judaism, would leave them alone, and we could all work on marginalising, and removing the threat of the other intrusive religion.
Father Nick told the kids at summer camp that gays and Muslims are bad. Then my sister in law says father Nick doesn't believe in global warming.

Father Nick is a Republican clearly. And he's brainwashing his flock.

Father Nick is clearly persuasive in his arguments and he is never asked for proof. He's looked at as an authority figure

#12 Rapes (plants his seed) into a girl so she'll give birth to himself as his own son, so we can torture, and kill him/His son, so he can forgive us for being so evil.

Mary was a chosen vessel of God to be the mother of our Lord and Savior on this earth. This was a special calling given to Mary and she accepted it before ever coming to this earth.

Alma 7:10
10 And behold, he shall be born of Mary, at Jerusalem which is the land of our forefathers, she being a virgin, a precious and chosen vessel, who shall be overshadowed and conceive by the power of the Holy Ghost, and bring forth a son, yea, even the Son of God.

I believe that Mary was foreordained to be the mother of Jesus the same as Jesus was foreordained to come and be the Savior of the world.

1 Peter 1:20
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

This I believe was a calling she received before coming to this earth life that she accepted with all gladness..

Because the laws of God are eternal in nature, once a man has sinned he has fallen short of the glory of God.

Romans 3:23,25
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

The atonement of Jesus Christ made it possible for God to forgive sin. Jesus was the only being to come to this earth who never sinned.

1 Peter 2:21-22
21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

1 Peter 1:19
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Because Jesus was without sin as a lamb without blemish or spot, He did not deserve any of the punishments which he suffered. Because of his sinless nature and his royal birth as the Son of God, he was able to go through much more pain and anguish that we who were fallen. He actually suffered the for the punishments of all the sins that all mankind has and would commit. But he never deserved any of it due to his sinless nature. Thus a great injustice was brought about. He who did no sin was subject to suffer for all the sins of the world. This great injustice brought about the need for a recompense from the Father. Jesus was recompensed by gaining the power to forgive all mankind of their sins based upon the doctrine of repentance. This was a just act in the eyes of God and all eternity since Jesus did not sin and that he deserved a recompense to the extent that he suffered. Thus it is only through the merits of Jesus Christ that anyone can obtain mercy for the sinful acts that they commit. But we must repent and change our lives and become good beings to gain the precious mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ. He alone has the power to wipe our slates clean.

After dying on the cross, Jesus' body lay in the tomb for three day and three nights. He then was resurrected from the dead to never die again. One need not suppose that the atonement was of no effect since Jesus rose from the dead. The injustice to him was done and he won the right of mercy. Because of Him we all will rise from the dead and stand before him to be judged of our sins. His mercy will extend to all those who are humble and repent of their sins and believe on his name.

Doctrine and Covenants 45:2-5
2 And again I say, hearken unto my voice, lest death shall overtake you; in an hour when ye think not the summer shall be past, and the harvest ended, and your souls not saved.
3 Listen to him who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him—
4 Saying: Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no sin, in whom thou wast well pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified;
5 Wherefore, Father, spare these my brethren that believe on my name, that they may come unto me and have everlasting life.

So your solution is that God should take away the free will? Is your solution that God should not have created goodness and thereby created it opposite, evil? How can man have free will without a choice?
My contention is that an All Powerful god should have the ability to create free will and prevent evil. After all, there is nothing that an all-powerful being cannot do. If you are insisting that he cannot do this, then you are admitting that he is not all-powerful.

God is not an all powerful being in the sense that he can do absolutely anything imaginable. God is an all powerful being who can do all things that are possible to do. In our finite state we can't even imagine everything that is possible. But God can and He has the power to do those things. However, there are things that not even God can do. For example, God cannot be an absolutely evil being and an absolutely good being throughout all eternity. God cannot create out of nothing that which is self-existent. God cannot not exist and exit simultaneously, etc. There are things that are eternal impossibilities. Thus God is a being who is all powerful in the sense that He can do all things that are possible. But eternal impossibilities exist. A few of these things we have been discussing:

29 Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.

11 For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my firstborn in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility.

That's not what the Nazarene said:

Matthew 19:26

But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

He didn't say "anything you, as a man can imagine", or anything in the "realm of the possible". He said all things. period. Full stop. No qualifications.

So, unless you Mormons (Yes, I just figured out that you're a Mormon) follow a less powerful god than do the Christians, you're full of shit.

#12 Rapes (plants his seed) into a girl so she'll give birth to himself as his own son, so we can torture, and kill him/His son, so he can forgive us for being so evil.

Mary was a chosen vessel of God to be the mother of our Lord and Savior on this earth. This was a special calling given to Mary and she accepted it before ever coming to this earth.

10 And behold, he shall be born of Mary, at Jerusalem which is the land of our forefathers, she being a virgin, a precious and chosen vessel, who shall be overshadowed and conceive by the power of the Holy Ghost, and bring forth a son, yea, even the Son of God.

I believe that Mary was foreordained to be the mother of Jesus the same as Jesus was foreordained to come and be the Savior of the world.

This I believe was a calling she received before coming to this earth life that she accepted with all gladness..

Because the laws of God are eternal in nature, once a man has sinned he has fallen short of the glory of God.

The atonement of Jesus Christ made it possible for God to forgive sin. Jesus was the only being to come to this earth who never sinned.

21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Because Jesus was without sin as a lamb without blemish or spot, He did not deserve any of the punishments which he suffered. Because of his sinless nature and his royal birth as the Son of God, he was able to go through much more pain and anguish that we who were fallen. He actually suffered the for the punishments of all the sins that all mankind has and would commit. But he never deserved any of it due to his sinless nature. Thus a great injustice was brought about. He who did no sin was subject to suffer for all the sins of the world. This great injustice brought about the need for a recompense from the Father. Jesus was recompensed by gaining the power to forgive all mankind of their sins based upon the doctrine of repentance. This was a just act in the eyes of God and all eternity since Jesus did not sin and that he deserved a recompense to the extent that he suffered. Thus it is only through the merits of Jesus Christ that anyone can obtain mercy for the sinful acts that they commit. But we must repent and change our lives and become good beings to gain the precious mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ. He alone has the power to wipe our slates clean.

After dying on the cross, Jesus' body lay in the tomb for three day and three nights. He then was resurrected from the dead to never die again. One need not suppose that the atonement was of no effect since Jesus rose from the dead. The injustice to him was done and he won the right of mercy. Because of Him we all will rise from the dead and stand before him to be judged of our sins. His mercy will extend to all those who are humble and repent of their sins and believe on his name.

2 And again I say, hearken unto my voice, lest death shall overtake you; in an hour when ye think not the summer shall be past, and the harvest ended, and your souls not saved.
3 Listen to him who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him—
4 Saying: Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no sin, in whom thou wast well pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified;
5 Wherefore, Father, spare these my brethren that believe on my name, that they may come unto me and have everlasting life.
And, again, you just used a whole bunch of verses from your books of mythology to confirm exactly what I said: "Rapes (plants his seed) into a girl so she'll give birth to himself as his own son, so we can torture, and kill him/His son, so he can forgive us for being so evil."

I'm curious why you feel the need to keep confirming that I have been spot on with my outline of the history of "God".

#13 Says, "Just KIDDING!" three days later, and brings his son back to life (Soooo...a sacrifice of nothing?)
#14 Claims omniscience, and omnipotence.
#15 Expects to be worshipped for his wisdom.

God does not say, "Just KIDDING!". But he says,

Matthew 11:28
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

3 Nephi 11:33-35
33 And whoso believeth in me, and is baptized, the same shall be saved; and they are they who shall inherit the kingdom of God.

God is all knowing and all powerful in the sense that he is able to do all things that are possible to do.

God is the creator of heaven and earth. He through his Son has created man from the dust of the earth and placed his spirit within him. He is the grand ruler of the universe. But most of all He is an all kind, loving, and fair ruler who only seeks for our eternal welfare and happiness. If anyone is worthy of our worship, it is God our Heavenly Father.

That's not what the Nazarene said:

Matthew 19:26

But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

He didn't say "anything you, as a man can imagine", or anything in the "realm of the possible". He said all things. period. Full stop. No qualifications.

So, unless you Mormons (Yes, I just figured out that you're a Mormon) follow a less powerful god than do the Christians, you're full of shit.

He also said:

Here he is telling us one thing that He himself cannot do - create an intelligence that is self-existent.

Do you think it is possible for God to an all evil and all good being at all moments in time and eternity? Is it possible that God created himself from nothing? If you were to do a study of the term "all things" in the Bible you would find that it doesn't always apply to absolutely everything in existence.

And, again, you just used a whole bunch of verses from your books of mythology to confirm exactly what I said: "Rapes (plants his seed) into a girl so she'll give birth to himself as his own son, so we can torture, and kill him/His son, so he can forgive us for being so evil."

I'm curious why you feel the need to keep confirming that I have been spot on with my outline of the history of "God".

Why are you arguing with me if you believe that I am confirming that you are spot on with your claim?

I have shown you from my perspective that I do not agree with your claim. May the Lord bless you with better understanding of his ways. Good day!

Why are you arguing with me if you believe that I am confirming that you are spot on with your claim?
If you'll notice, I haven't disputed a single thing that you have posted with your passages from your books of mythology. I merely acknowledge that you have been confirming exactly what I said.

Mary was a Essene. The Essene women were like the Nuns of today. They have surrender themselves as vessels for the Lord. But Mary's vessel was the purest of them all. She was presented as holy, and which it means, that she did not had any evil intents or thoughts in her. Just as the same way Abel presented himself to Him to be holy. Samson was a Nazarite that supposedly have given himself as an vessel to the Lord. But he had strayed away with the Philistines. But he was meant to judge the philistines. To destroy them. But when his eyes were taken away by the Philistines. Then he saw how evil that they were. Samson has repented, and prayed to God to give him one more chance, that he will do what he was meant to do.
I guess that later on that the Nazarites were called Nazarenes.

Exodus 13 The Lord said to Moses, “Consecrate to me every firstborn male. The first offspring of every womb among the Israelites belongs to me, whether human or animal.” Then Moses said to the people, “Commemorate this day, the day you came out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery, because the Lord brought you out of it with a mighty hand. Eat nothing containing yeast. ...

Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

Mark 9:47 And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell,

Nazarite

more properly Nazirite (one separated), one of either sex who was bound by a vow of a peculiar kind to be set apart from others for the service of God. Topical Bible: Nazarite

Mary was a Essene. The Essene women were like the Nuns of today. They have surrender themselves as vessels for the Lord. But Mary's vessel was the purest of them all. She was presented as holy, and which it means, that she did not had any evil intents or thoughts in her. Just as the same way Abel presented himself to Him to be holy. Samson was a Nazarite that supposedly have given himself as an vessel to the Lord. But he had strayed away with the Philistines. But he was meant to judge the philistines. To destroy them. But when his eyes were taken away by the Philistines. Then he saw how evil that they were. Samson has repented, and prayed to God to give him one more chance, that he will do what he was meant to do.
I guess that later on that the Nazarites were called Nazarenes.

Exodus 13 The Lord said to Moses, “Consecrate to me every firstborn male. The first offspring of every womb among the Israelites belongs to me, whether human or animal.” Then Moses said to the people, “Commemorate this day, the day you came out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery, because the Lord brought you out of it with a mighty hand. Eat nothing containing yeast. ...

Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

Mark 9:47 And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell,

Nazarite

more properly Nazirite (one separated), one of either sex who was bound by a vow of a peculiar kind to be set apart from others for the service of God. Topical Bible: Nazarite

Firstly, Nazarite, and Nazarene are two different things. The former was a religious order that had taken a holy vow, while the latter was nothing more than a resident of Nazareth. This is why I refer to Jesus as the Nazarene. Second, I don't really care how you want to justify it, you are still confirming that what I said was factually accurate. Your God "planted his seed" in Mary. Again, it could be argued that this was consensual - you are, in fact, I think making that argument by pointing out that she was an essene - however, again, since she was quite surprised by the news that she was pregnant, one can only surmise that she didn't even know he had done the planting. I don't see how you can consent, when you don't even know it is happening. Thus, I don't know what else youwould call it.

Forum List

Back