A BIG debate on Israel/Palestine Nakba

Today's elite Jews have no problem with plunder or genocide.
Martin Luther King, Jr...
I see Israel as one of the great outposts of democracy in the world, and a marvelous example of what can be done, how desert land can be transformed into an oasis of brotherhood and democracy. Peace for Israel means security and that security must be a reality.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Israel-History-Martin-Gilbert/dp/0688123635/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288062200&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Israel: A History (9780688123635): Martin Gilbert: Books[/ame]

Alexis de Toqueville...
I studied the Koran a great deal. I came away from that study with the conviction there have been few religions in the world as deadly to men as that of Muhammad. So far as I can see, it is the principal cause of the decadence so visible today in the Muslim world and, though less absurd than the polytheism of old, its social and political tendencies are in my opinion to be feared, and I therefore regard it as a form of decadence rather than a form of progress in relation to paganism itself.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Democracy-America-Complete-Alexis-Toqueville/dp/1406822701/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288062408&sr=8-1[/ame]

Last edited:

Georgie, no love from you for the genocide by your Islamic cohorts in Darfur and Sudan?
The genocide in Darfur has claimed 400,000 lives and displaced over 2,500,000 people. More than one hundred people continue to die each day; five thousand die every month.

Since February 2003, the Sudanese government in Khartoum and the government-sponsored Janjaweed militia have used rape, displacement, organized starvation, threats against aid workers and mass murder. Violence, disease, and displacement continue to kill thousands of innocent Darfurians every month.
http://www.darfurscores.org/darfur

You're a clown and a kook :cuckoo:.

Last edited:

Georgie, no love from you for the genocide by your Islamic cohorts in Darfur and Sudan?
The genocide in Darfur has claimed 400,000 lives and displaced over 2,500,000 people. More than one hundred people continue to die each day; five thousand die every month.

Since February 2003, the Sudanese government in Khartoum and the government-sponsored Janjaweed militia have used rape, displacement, organized starvation, threats against aid workers and mass murder. Violence, disease, and displacement continue to kill thousands of innocent Darfurians every month.
Genocide in Darfur, Sudan | Darfur Scorecard

You're a clown and a kook :cuckoo:.

Are you lost again?

Africa - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

It is self evident that no one has the right*to*take someone else’s land.**

That may have been an accepted practice in the colonial era of the 18th to 19th century. By the mid-20th century, it was not acceptable.*

Israel did not exist before 1948. Palestine did. That simple fact alone tells you were justice lies in this matter!**

“The population of Palestine, predominantly agricultural, was about 690,000 in 1914, 535,000 Muslims; 70,000 Christians, most of whom were Arabs; and 85,000 Jews." (Encyclopedia Britannica).**

There was no substantial Jewish population until after ww2 when Jews were 'imported'. Often wealthy Zionists financed them. Wealthy Zionists who incidentally, decided to remain were they where!**

The Chinese have used similar tactics, massive immigration, to subjugate Tibet, a similar crime against humanity.**

Ancient history is irrelevant. Modern history is*not.**

To claim someone else’s land because your ancestors once lived there is merely unreasonable. However, to claim it because god gave it to you is insane.**

Modern Zionism is based upon religious*fundamentalism and racism. Anyone who supports these policies must exist in a religious fantasy camp, were seizing the lands of others is a god-given right and anyone who attempts to recover their own land is a terrorist.**

Eventually, the Israelis must come to terms with their criminal actions in Palestine.**

If they do this, and establish some kind of 'Truth Commission', I believe that they will find a new basis for discussion with the Palestinians, and that a single state solution will be a possibility, with some kind of reconciliation with the Palestinians, who have suffered so much at the hands of the Zionists since the occupation began.

Stupid little boy. Arabs fled in a war they initiated against Israel. Your history lesson for the day, shithead.

Eminent Middle East historian Bernard Lewis knows better, stupid little boy...

Amazon.com: The Middle East (9780684832807): Bernard Lewis: Books: Reviews, Prices & more

What does that have to do with the Jews robbing the banks after kicking out the Palestinians?

Stupid little boy. Learn to read basic English, dumb little shit. Arabs initiated war with Israel and other Arabs ran away.

The Palestinians went to Israel and attacked it?

Israel did not exist before 1948. Palestine did. That simple fact alone tells you were justice lies in this matter!**

“The population of Palestine, predominantly agricultural, was about 690,000 in 1914, 535,000 Muslims; 70,000 Christians, most of whom were Arabs; and 85,000 Jews." (Encyclopaedia Britannica).**

Wrong, birdbrain.

The archaelogical treasure Merneptah Stele clearly demonstrates Israel existed at least 3200 years, ago.

Israel existed not once but twice in antiquity as the First and Second Temples

You know less than zero about the subject.

Read, learn, moron...

Eminent Middle East historian Bernard Lewis...
For Arabs, too, the term Palestine was unacceptable, though for other reasons. For Muslims it was alien and irrelevant but not abhorrent in the same way as it was to Jews. The main objection for them was that it seemed to assert a separate entity which politically conscious Arabs in Palestine and elsewhere denied. For them there was no such thing as a country called Palestine. The region which the British called Palestine was merely a separated part of a larger whole [Syria]. For a long time organized and articulate Arab political opinion was virtually unanimous on this point.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Middle-East-Bernard-Lewis/dp/0684832801/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1288130564&sr=8-5]Amazon.com: The Middle East (9780684832807): Bernard Lewis: Books: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

Now, even you know, clueless one. :clap2:

"WAS OLMERT the only fallible human being in this paradise? Not at all.

"The stories about the envelopes stuffed with cash, the cigars and the luxury suites in posh hotels fire the imagination, but the hedonism of Olmert is no different from that of Binjamin Netanyahu or Ehud Barak. When Barak accuses Olmert it is like the kettle calling the pot black.

"Netanyahu lived like a king in expensive hotels paid for by kind donors who, of course, ask for nothing in return, whose sole purpose in life is to allow him to revel in luxury.

"As for Barak - after decades of service as an army officer with a salary that did not reach the sky and some years as a cabinet minister with a similar income, he disappeared from public view for a short while and reappeared as a rich man.

"He bought a luxury apartment in one of the most expensive buildings in Tel Aviv, a structure that is a byword for ostentatious wealth. How does one get so rich in such a short time? Could it be by using connections acquired in the service of the state?

"Olmert was a pioneer of this method. When still a very junior politician, just out of law school, he got rich through his connections with the heads of government departments which he made as a parliamentary aide.

"The closer the connection between capital and power, and the more contact there is between local and foreign tycoons on the one hand and politicians and generals on the other, the more profusely corruption flowers.

"This is an almost automatic process."

Uri Avnery...

Israel did not exist before 1948. Palestine did.
As a geographical entity, of course, never a state. Of great importance is also a fact that, arab settlers adopted the name of an ancient canaanite tribe (the philistines), that blew its last bellows about 3000 years ago, to portray themselves as indigenous. Claiming connection between that tribe and modern day arabs belongs to the realm of the 1001 arab anecdote, of course.

“The population of Palestine, predominantly agricultural, was about 690,000 in 1914, 535,000 Muslims; 70,000 Christians, most of whom were Arabs; and 85,000 Jews." (Encyclopaedia Britannica).
And before that there were only about 141,000 inhabitants, both arab and non-arab, in 1882. That amazing increase in numbers is, of course, a testament to the arab settling-squatting activity.

Quote: Originally Posted by u2scram
Israel did not exist before 1948. Palestine did.

Palestine/Palestinians mentioned in the Quran: No :lol:
Palestine/Palestinians mentioned in the Hebrew Bible: No :lol:
Palestine/Palestinians mentioned in the Christian Bible: No :lol:

Number of legitimate history books on Palestinians: Not one. :lol:

Arab Commentator Azmi Bishara...:lol:
Well, I dont think there is a Palestinian nation at all. I think there is an Arab nation. I always thought so and I did not change my mind. I do not think there is a Palestinian nation, I think its a colonialist invention - Palestinian nation. When were there any Palestinians? Where did it come from? I think there is an Arab nation. I never turned to be a Palestinian nationalist, despite of my decisive struggle against the occupation. I think that until the end of the 19th century, Palestine was the south of Greater Syria.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3n5-yG-6dU[/ame]

"The Nazi era is the most discussed period in history, yet most Jews and others are unaware of the interaction between Zionism, Hitler and Mussolini.

"This book brings to light, through the use of actual historic documents, the disservice that the Zionists did to Jews before and during the Holocaust. Some of these documents were published in English decades ago, but are only now seeing the light of day.

"Others are being translated into English here for the first time. Included are excerpts from Propaganda Minister Goebbels' newspaper, Der Angriff, detailing an SS-man's visit to Palestine as the Zionists' guest.

"Readers will also learn about Adolf Eichmann's account of his personal dealings with Hungarian Zionist Reszo Kasztner, who was later assassinated in Israel as a Nazi collaborator who betrayed 400,000 Hungarian Jews.

"Also revealed is pro-Zionist propaganda put out by the Nazis, such as a medal for getting Jews to Palestine and a Nazi board game where the object is to move Jews to Palestine. The documents contained in this book were selected with due care so that a rounded picture of history emerges.

"The author concludes that Zionism betrayed the Jews; and the evidence that led him to that conclusion is contained in this book."

The Plot

Fetch that, Haver.

Forum List

Back