A basic Iraq question

Gabby,

I gotta agree with the others on this one...I am fascinated to see which conservative websites you have been frequently...if only to put them on my, "never visit those sites unless I need a laugh," list.

I frequently check out what is being discussed/written on National Review, Townhall, Newsmax, FrontPage, and a few other conservative sites and have NEVER seen anything even remotely close to a disrespect of the Iraqi civilians let alone a hatred of them or an insinuation that the Iraqi people are terrorist supporters who need to be "blown off the face of the earth."

Rather, many articles have been written about the incredible bravery of the Iraqi citizens, not only those who are joining the Iraqi police but those who are fighting for their chance for self-agency. Conservative sites celebrated wildly at the elections in Iraq and Afganistan and from what I have seen, have nothing but praise for these brave men and women.

The only comments I have seen that could even be remotely tied to the feelings you discussed were people who would like the Iraqi people to take a more pro-active role in fighting for their nation...but that is hardly a hatred or a desire for them to die.

Sorry...but I'm going to have to call "bullshit" on this one. Or, to give you the benefit of a doubt, I'm going to have to say that you were visiting extremist sites and extrapolating that those are the opinions of the conservative movement...which, of course, would be incredibly foolish..as I could go to some extremist left sites and come back and accuse you and other liberals of some downright terrible things...

Forum List

Back