A A Different Warrior Perspective On Afghanistan

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
When Matthew Hoh joined the Foreign Service early this year, he was exactly the kind of smart civil-military hybrid the administration was looking for to help expand its development efforts in Afghanistan.

If we can't define what winning is, why are we there? Please no "war on terror" bullshit. There can be a war on terrorists, but the vague shit about a war on terror doesn't mean anything but more money in some folks pockets. Smedley Butler was right.

washingtonpost.com

After reading the article, I wonder what was Hoh's understanding of the war in Afghanistan was. It was always on the back burner of the Bush administration and was used as a cover to go into Iraq. Now a new administration has to try and make heads or tails of this mess. So, what do guys like Hoh want? And instant solution to the 7 year mess left by Bush/Cheney?

I have always been of the position that if you can't define a winning exit strategy, you need to get the hell out.

"Keeping the Peace" and "Winning the hearts and minds of the people" are vague and never achievable. I want to see set objectives and milestones of when they will be achieved. If we can't do that we need to get out of both Iraq and Afghanistan

Forum List

Back