9th Circuit Court Of Appeals Allows Kids Lawsuit Against Trump For Not Fighting Global Warming

Trump should just disband the 9th Circuit Court through Executive Order.... :p

So kids are filing suit against a government body/official for not doing more to protect their interests and well being. Based on empirical data I'm assuming? Things like surveys, peer-reviewed studies and the like? Interesting. Very interesting. Syriusly? mdk? Dragon Lady? World Watcher? Your thoughts?

So kids are filing suit against a government body/official for not doing more to protect their interests and well being. Based on empirical data I'm assuming? Things like surveys, peer-reviewed studies and the like? Interesting. Very interesting. Syriusly? mdk? Dragon Lady? World Watcher? Your thoughts?
I’m filing my lawsuits against Jerry Brown, Pelosi and Feinstein this afternoon.

Global warming must be real because the noaa would not have adjusted the offical temperature higher to prove it if it weren’t true.

You mean things like bogus "homogenized" data?

Last edited:

My thoughts: This thread isn't about your personal obsession with homos and gay marriage.

So now we can sue politicians for not pushing harder for our personal agendas? WTF?

These truly are The Crazy Years.

Court denies Trump admin’s plea to stop kids’ climate lawsuit

In 2006 there was a SCOTUS decision that ordered the Federal government to monitor emissions and limit, they've had 12 years to do so.

Massachusetts v. Environmental Protection Agency - Wikipedia

Second, the Court held that the CAA gives the EPA the authority to regulate tailpipe emissions of greenhouse gases. The CAA provides:

“The Administrator shall by regulation prescribe (and from time to time revise) in accordance with the provisions of this section, standards applicable to the emission of any air pollutant from any class or classes of new motor vehicles or new motor vehicle engines, which in his judgment cause, or contribute to, air pollution which may reasonably be anticipated to endanger public health or welfare.”[2]

The CAA defines "air pollutant" as "any air pollution agent or combination of such agents, including any physical, chemical, biological, radioactive . . . substance or matter which is emitted into or otherwise enters the ambient air".[10] The majority opinion commented that "greenhouse gases fit well within the CAA’s capacious definition of air pollutant."[11]

Finally, the Court remanded the case to the EPA, requiring the agency to review its contention that it has discretion in regulating carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas emissions. The Court found the current rationale for not regulating to be inadequate and required the agency to articulate a reasonable basis in order to avoid regulation.

Goddamn right we should sue the EPA.

So now we can sue politicians for not pushing harder for our personal agendas? WTF?

In 2006 there was a SCOTUS decision that ordered the Federal government to monitor emissions and limit, they've had 12 years to do so.

Massachusetts v. Environmental Protection Agency - Wikipedia

Second, the Court held that the CAA gives the EPA the authority to regulate tailpipe emissions of greenhouse gases. The CAA provides:

“The Administrator shall by regulation prescribe (and from time to time revise) in accordance with the provisions of this section, standards applicable to the emission of any air pollutant from any class or classes of new motor vehicles or new motor vehicle engines, which in his judgment cause, or contribute to, air pollution which may reasonably be anticipated to endanger public health or welfare.”[2]

The CAA defines "air pollutant" as "any air pollution agent or combination of such agents, including any physical, chemical, biological, radioactive . . . substance or matter which is emitted into or otherwise enters the ambient air".[10] The majority opinion commented that "greenhouse gases fit well within the CAA’s capacious definition of air pollutant."[11]

Finally, the Court remanded the case to the EPA, requiring the agency to review its contention that it has discretion in regulating carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas emissions. The Court found the current rationale for not regulating to be inadequate and required the agency to articulate a reasonable basis in order to avoid regulation.

Goddamn right we should sue the EPA.

I have a much better idea: just get rid of it. Where in our Constitution does it give bureaucracies the right to create laws and assess penalties against the America people?

The most reversed in history "9th circuit" seems to be working overtime these days . Too bad we can't get the zombies in the Supreme Court to do a days work.

Climate change affects the whole planet dipshit. It’s not a “ personal agenda.”
It’s Trump’s personal agenda to destroy the environment/ planet however.
Fuck the sleazy bastard.

I think he should start with you, you about as stupid as one human being can be. It ain't real chump, it's a money and control scam.

Forum List

Back