99 Million Year Old Frogs Found in Amber, and They Look Like.....FROGS!

Saying a frog and a salamander that are still frogs and salamanders proves my point.
It absolutely does not. Evolution explains the diversity of species. There are several species of frogs. Saying there were once frogs, and there are still frogs, does not debase evolution. In fact, cataloguing the diversity of those species is evidence for evolution.
A species remains a species no matter how many tens of millions of years you take.

Turtles that haven't changed in 44 million years.
Fish that haven't changed in 60 million years.
Frogs that haven't changed in 99 million years.
And even more that have...by a factor of 1000 or more...
Name one.
Just one.
Homosapiens.
The ones that genetic research shows appeared at the same time as apes? :21:
No genetic research shows that.

Name one.
Just one.
Homosapiens.
Name one.
Just one.
Homosapiens.
Keep denying science.
"In a massive genetic study, senior research associate at the Program for the Human Environment at Rockefeller University Mark Stoeckle and University of Basel geneticist David Thaler discovered that virtually 90 percent of all animals on Earth appeared at right around the same time.

More specifically, they found out that 9 out of 10 animal species on the planet came to being at the same time as humans did some 100,000 to 200,000 years ago.

"This conclusion is very surprising," says Thaler, "and I fought against it as hard as I could."

Name one.
Just one.
Homosapiens.
Name one.
Just one.
Homosapiens.
Keep denying science.
"In a massive genetic study, senior research associate at the Program for the Human Environment at Rockefeller University Mark Stoeckle and University of Basel geneticist David Thaler discovered that virtually 90 percent of all animals on Earth appeared at right around the same time.

More specifically, they found out that 9 out of 10 animal species on the planet came to being at the same time as humans did some 100,000 to 200,000 years ago.

"This conclusion is very surprising," says Thaler, "and I fought against it as hard as I could."
You misunderstand....they did not talk about the origin of apes, only the origin of extant species of apes. You sound like an utter idiot.

Keep denying science.

You misunderstand....they did not talk about the origin of apes, only the origin of extant species of apes. You sound like an utter idiot.
Tell us how a frog is the pinnacle of evolution.

Clearly, you're going at it from an anti-evolutionary standpoint. Here's how it works though.
Let's take the shark for example, aside from Megalodon disappearing, sharks in various forms have been around for over 400 million years. Some species died out while others carried on. What a creature does is....over time (hint: a very, very long time) change to adapt to its environment until its adaption fails and it dies out, or...it reaches a point at which what it has adapted to, is perfect for its environment and survival. In the case of the shark, it adapted until it reached its peak performance and thus ensured its survivability. Once that happens, it does not need to change.
If you would like a recent example of an evolutionary change in a short time, let us consider the "Eastern Fence-Lizard." It's a typical medium sized lizard found in the Eastern United States. It primarily sits on logs and rocks, sunning itself and not moving much, unless startled. Sometime between 1933 and 1945, Red Fire Ants were accidentally brought in through Mobile, Alabama via cargo ship. As the red ants spread throughout the southeast, they eventually encountered the Eastern Fence Lizard. Now, the Red Fire Ant will devour any critter it can, including lizards. The lizard mentioned would largely ignore the fire ants as they crawled over their bodies, until...the ants would burrow under their scales and begin eating them, once that began, the lizard would begin shaking and jumping, something it was not in the habit of doing. The young lizards were easily overcome and eaten alive, but those lizards that began shaking and jumping earlier, and retreated, survived. Over a short period of time, the offspring of those lizards that survived, were found to have been developing larger, longer rear legs, as a result of their new behavior. In short, their bodies were forced to change to adapt to the new threat. That is what is called, evolution. Evolutionary change to adapt in order to survive.
A more antiquated but good example of evolution in progress is the horse. Over time, it grew in size and its feet changed to hooves, we have ample evidence of the changes of their feet to hooves.

Name one.
Just one.
Homosapiens.
Lol, seriously?

Show me.

Name one.
Just one.
Homosapiens.
Name one.
Just one.
Homosapiens.
Keep denying science.

LMf'nAO!!

We've been over this kid. That doesn't say what you think it does.

Homosapiens.
Homosapiens.
Keep denying science.

Bit of a goalpost move innit? I don't recall anyone discussing frogs being the pinnacld of evolution.

But since we are here let's talk about that for a minute. The frog has already evolved into a nearly ideal form for it's environment. You wouldn't expect any major evolutionary changes unless there were reasons for them, so it is indeed this Pinnacle of Froggy evolution!

Keep denying science.

Bit of a goalpost move innit? I don't recall anyone discussing frogs being the pinnacld of evolution.

But since we are here let's talk about that for a minute. The frog has already evolved into a nearly ideal form for it's environment. You wouldn't expect any major evolutionary changes unless there were reasons for them, so it is indeed this Pinnacle of Froggy evolution!
When fish said to be extinct 60 million years ago are found in fisherman nets and look exactly like the 60 million year old fossil, evolution has zero credibility.

Keep denying science.

When fish said to be extinct 60 million years ago are found in fisherman nets and look exactly like the 60 million year old fossil, evolution has zero credibility.
Why? What is your reasoning here? Why do you think an isolated population that has already evolved into it's ecological niche needs to evolve more?

Keep denying science.

Why? What is your reasoning here? Why do you think an isolated population that has already evolved into it's ecological niche needs to evolve more?
Dufus thinks a fish is the pinnacle of evolution.

Let's review:

All frogs are one species, called "frog".

No apes existed until 200,000 years ago. Except for all the ones that we know did exist, via the fossil record. Which is doubly amazing, considering the Earth is only 6000 years old.

Oh the pain...

Let's review:

No apes existed until 200,000 years ago. Except for all the ones that we know did exist, via the fossil record. Which is doubly amazing, considering the Earth is only 6000 years old.

Oh the pain...
You probably think time moves the same everywhere too.
Oh, isn't that adorable...the guy who thinks all scientists are engaged in a vast conspiracy to fool the trailer park dwellers of the United States is going to cite a scientist. Good stuff!

First, we have to establish which of the two possible species this scientist is: Frog or Not Frog.

Let's review:

Oh the pain...
You probably think time moves the same everywhere too.
Oh, isn't that adorable...the guy who thinks all scientists are engaged in a vast conspiracy to fool the trailer park dwellers of the United States is going to cite a scientist. Good stuff!

First, we have to establish which of the two possible species this scientist is: Frog or Not Frog.
Dufus, I made my wealth for my contributions to science. I happily retired in my 50's. Your dumbass personal attacks shows how desperate you are.

Forum List

Back