92 Percent of the people that lost their jobs since 09 were women

Team Romney Charges Obama Is Bad for Working Women - The Ballot 2012 (usnews.com)

Personally, I'm annoyed how Obama has pandered to his phony women narrative; pretending that the GOP is against them. But since he is pulling those dirty tricks, I'm glad that Romney fired back.

And that's bad in the eyes of the right wing? I thought the right thought a woman's place was in the home. Is it not?

Another reason why so many on this board think you are naive.

No. The right does not believe that at all.

Team Romney Charges Obama Is Bad for Working Women - The Ballot 2012 (usnews.com)

Personally, I'm annoyed how Obama has pandered to his phony women narrative; pretending that the GOP is against them. But since he is pulling those dirty tricks, I'm glad that Romney fired back.

And that's bad in the eyes of the right wing? I thought the right thought a woman's place was in the home. Is it not?

So they aren't Christian any more?
Don't believe in the nuclear family anymore?

You don't think the movement of women into the workplace has anything to do with the demise of the nuclear family? I'm sure its nothing to do with it.

So they aren't Christian any more?
Don't believe in the nuclear family anymore?

You don't think the movement of women into the workplace has anything to do with the demise of the nuclear family? I'm sure its nothing to do with it.

I find it humorous that you continue to criticize the conservative ideology but at the same time show us how little you know about the ideology that you criticize.

If that's the truth, then why is it that the people showing up at the unemployment offices here in Amarillo are 90 percent MEN?

Because Texas is full of pussies. Just sayin'.

http://www.mostsexywomen.net/texas-women.html

Last edited:

Oh will you guys cut the crap with the Politifact bullshit? Hell even Democratic organizations admit they are biased as hell. They flat out say in their analysis "the numbers are accurate but....we're rating it as mostly false anyhow". Pfffft....give it fucking rest. Might as well point to HuffPo or the Daily Kos for "unbiased analysis".

Typical Franco hack bullshit.

How hard is it to understand that the majority of men lost their jobs ealier in the recession and that because they started their figures from the middle of the recession the conclusion is mostly false. Nobody attributes the state of the economy to the incoming administration. Well till now that is. Just goes to show how low the GOP is willing to go.

Oh will you guys cut the crap with the Politifact bullshit? Hell even Democratic organizations admit they are biased as hell. They flat out say in their analysis "the numbers are accurate but....we're rating it as mostly false anyhow". Pfffft....give it fucking rest. Might as well point to HuffPo or the Daily Kos for "unbiased analysis".

How hard is it to understand that the majority of men lost their jobs ealier in the recession and that because they started their figures from the middle of the recession the conclusion is mostly false. Nobody attributes the state of the economy to the incoming administration. Well till now that is. Just goes to show how low the GOP is willing to go.

The state of the economy 3.5 years ago when he took over can be laid at bush's feet...the state of the economy for for the last 2 years however can be laid at Obama's feet.

The state of the economy 3.5 years ago when he took over can be laid at bush's feet...the state of the economy for for the last 2 years however can be laid at Obama's feet.

And, considering the death spiral the economy was in when Jr. left, I think Obama has handled it fairly well.

The Dow is back over 12,000 (almost 13,000), unemployment is dropping.

I can accept that. The point is that the 92% figure for women is figured begining in the middle of the recession after all the men had mostly lost their jobs. So it is deceptive at best to claim this is "FACT" as some sort of plan or "war against women" on the presidents part.

That's Right!
The CON$ervoFascists blamed Bush's 2008 housing crash on Carter and Clinton. 7 years after taking office Bush was still not responsible for any aspect of the economy. But to CON$ervoFascists Obama owned the Bush economy from the time he was nominated. So the economy went directly from Carter and Clinton to Obama with no Bush in between! :cuckoo: Nothing Bush ever did in any way influenced the economy from 2001 to 2009. :cuckoo:

March 2, 2009
RUSH: To say that Obama has been in office only one month is not accurate from an effect on the world and an effect on the country standpoint. Barack Obama has been the controlling political authority on the economy for six months.

I can accept that. The point is that the 92% figure for women is figured begining in the middle of the recession after all the men had mostly lost their jobs. So it is deceptive at best to claim this is "FACT" as some sort of plan or "war against women" on the presidents part.
That's right! The Bush Depression started with the housing market crash which killed most all new house construction putting the mostly male construction workers on the unemployment line. After Obama's taking office, the GOP governors started laying off mostly women teachers and social workers to kill the public sector unions. So it's the GOP governors who are waring against women, and in typical CON$ervoFascist fashion Romney is blaming Obama for the GOP governors' firing of mostly women.

And, considering the death spiral the economy was in when Jr. left, I think Obama has handled it fairly well.

Adjusted for the inflation of the last 3 years the down really looks more like 11,000, but I understand how the number is comforting.

Well thats is why my first post in this thread was asking the author for links and more information, I wanted to see the context of his information first.

The whole "Dems war against women" "Republicans hate women" mantras from both the left and the right are just dishonest diatribe.

Well thats is why my first post in this thread was asking the author for links and more information, I wanted to see the context of his information first.

The whole "Dems war against women" "Republicans hate women" mantras from both the left and the right are just dishonest diatribe.

I cannot agree with that.

GOP "War on Women" is real and it has real-world consequences for the millions of women whose lives can and will be impacted by legislation that erodes more than a century's worth of progress on women's reproductive rights. There were over 1100 antichoice provisions introduced in 2011 and 900 antichoice provisions introduced so far in 2012. Legislators in 13 states have introduced 22 bills seeking to mandate that a woman obtain an ultrasound procedure before having an abortion. Of these, seven states are pursuing the state-rape vaginal probe variety. In addition, legislators in 13 states have sponsored right-wing "Personhood" type bills, too extreme even for the electorate of Mississippi, that could make both abortion and reproductive choices highly restricted.

Lest we think that the rhetoric around these bills might contain the damage to the GOP's standing amongst women, please note how Georgia state legislator Rep. Terry England compares women to cows and pigs on his farm in support of bill forcing women to carry even inviable fetuses to term and Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett justifies forced ultrasound bill by telling women to "just close your eyes."

The Republican 'War on Women' Is Real - Chicago Tribune

Adjusted for the inflation of the last 3 years the down really looks more like 11,000, but I understand how the number is comforting.
Wrong again! $12,163
Why do you hate this great country so much that you always have to make it look worse???

GOP "War on Women" is real and it has real-world consequences for the millions of women whose lives can and will be impacted by legislation that erodes more than a century's worth of progress on women's reproductive rights. There were over 1100 antichoice provisions introduced in 2011 and 900 antichoice provisions introduced so far in 2012. Legislators in 13 states have introduced 22 bills seeking to mandate that a woman obtain an ultrasound procedure before having an abortion. Of these, seven states are pursuing the state-rape vaginal probe variety. In addition, legislators in 13 states have sponsored right-wing "Personhood" type bills, too extreme even for the electorate of Mississippi, that could make both abortion and reproductive choices highly restricted.

Lest we think that the rhetoric around these bills might contain the damage to the GOP's standing amongst women, please note how Georgia state legislator Rep. Terry England compares women to cows and pigs on his farm in support of bill forcing women to carry even inviable fetuses to term and Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett justifies forced ultrasound bill by telling women to "just close your eyes."

That article is dishonest in nature. The republicans were not going after contraception from all employers but were defending the rights of a few religious employers to not have to provide for something that, in their specific religions, is considered a sin.

This whole "War on Women" as a result of the republicans fighting the part of obamacare that would have violated the first ammendment rights of these religious employers is dishonest.

As far as individual states go, I have no problem with one state deciding how they want to about how the govt sponsored care goes in their state.....i do have an issue if an idividual state violates the precedent of Roe V Wade and outlaws abortion all together however.

That all being said republicans fighting for pro life are not having a war on women, they just believe that abortion is murdering an innocent and that it shouldn't be condoned. People hype it up way to much and exaggerate it for their own political ends, much like those who are pushing the "war on women" bull.

Yeah we aren't going to agree here LOL. I think women should have the right to an abortion myself, if they make that decision, and the supreme court agreed so thats it. Now me personally, I would NEVER want nor ask a girl I was with to have an abortion if we made a baby, I think that it its wrong....but I also wouldn't deny another couple that liberty to make that decision since it is decided law in the country already.

Last edited:

That article is dishonest in nature. The republicans were not going after contraception from all employers but were defending the rights of a few religious employers to not have to provide for something that, in their specific religions, is considered a sin.

This whole "War on Women" as a result of the republicans fighting the part of obamacare that would have violated the first ammendment rights of these religious employers is dishonest.
Which is completely dishonest because the specific religious institution in question, Georgetown, provides that sinful contraception to its employees and only pretends to deny it to students on "moral" grounds.

Why is it only sinful for students and not sinful for employees?????

Wrong again! $12,163
Why do you hate this great country so much that you always have to make it look worse???

12940 * .0831 (8.31%) = 1075

12940-1075 = 11865

Yeah you were right, I just did the math in my head real fast and said 11,000, its 11.8 adjusted for inflation.

Not trying to make things look good or bad, just trying to make them look like what they are.

Wrong again! $12,163

12940 * .0831 (8.31%) = 1075

12940-1075 = 11865

Yeah you were right, I just did the math in my head real fast and said 11,000, its 11.8 adjusted for inflation.

Not trying to make things look good or bad, just trying to make them look like what they are.
Except you used a phony number for the inflation rate. The real rate from 2008 Bush's last year to April 13, 2012 the last day of current data is 6.1%

Inflation Calculator | Find US Dollar's Value from 1913-2012

As far as individual states go, I have no problem with one state deciding how they want to about how the govt sponsored care goes in their state.....i do have an issue if an idividual state violates the precedent of Roe V Wade and outlaws abortion all together however.

That all being said republicans fighting for pro life are not having a war on women, they just believe that abortion is murdering an innocent and that it shouldn't be condoned. People hype it up way to much and exaggerate it for their own political ends, much like those who are pushing the "war on women" bull.

Yeah we aren't going to agree here LOL. I think women should have the right to an abortion myself, if they make that decision, and the supreme court agreed so thats it. Now me personally, I would NEVER want nor ask a girl I was with to have an abortion if we made a baby, I think that it its wrong....but I also wouldn't deny another couple that liberty to make that decision since it is decided law in the country already.

I didn't think that atricle had anything to do with the dust up with Ms. Fluke. It was about inititives in the various States.????

Forum List

Back