9 Things You Actually Can't Recycle

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Recycling_Facility.jpg

How many of us really know what to toss into the recycling box? The following list surprised me and will make me stop to think from now on.

To-go coffee cups

Plastic bags

Shredded papper

Plastic cutlery, pens, and other small plastics

Ribbons and bows

Batteries

Soiled cardboard

PIzza_Box.jpg

Oops.

Flexible shipping bags

Takeaway paper bowls

Go to Are You an Aspirational Recycler? Here's 9 Things You Actually Can't Recycle to find out why.

Recycling_Facility.jpg

How many of us really know what to toss into the recycling box? The following list surprised me and will make me stop to think from now on.

To-go coffee cups

Plastic bags

Shredded papper

Ribbons and bows

Batteries

Soiled cardboard

PIzza_Box.jpg

Oops.

Flexible shipping bags

Takeaway paper bowls

Go to Are You an Aspirational Recycler? Here's 9 Things You Actually Can't Recycle to find out why.

Where did you get that list, because many items you listed CAN be recycled.

Recycling_Facility.jpg

To-go coffee cups

Plastic bags

Shredded papper

Ribbons and bows

Batteries

Soiled cardboard

PIzza_Box.jpg

Oops.

Flexible shipping bags

Takeaway paper bowls

I provided the link. It's Discover which is a valid, established site.

Recycling_Facility.jpg

To-go coffee cups

Plastic bags

Shredded papper

Ribbons and bows

Batteries

Soiled cardboard

PIzza_Box.jpg

Oops.

Flexible shipping bags

Takeaway paper bowls

I provided the link. It's Discover which is a valid, established site.

Sorry! I missed the link. However, if you read the article, it backtracks on what can be recycled on a few items. Their claim is that you just can't put them in your recycling bin.

We don't have recycling pickup in my area but do have drop off points. Shredded paper is welcomed. Many of our stores recycle plastic grocery bags, which is really stupid. The bags are produced from a waste product of cracking oil and, if not made into bags, has to be discarded anyway. You can put it in a landfill now or put it in a landfill later.

Many of our stores recycle all types of batteries. We even have a recycling facility here that will take your car battery and recycle it. Again, you just can't put them in your recycling bin.

Generally, the article is just poorly written.

Plastic cutlery can be washed and used again ... around here we have the slogan "reuse, reduce or recycle" ...

Correct me if I'm wrong ... but I believe batteries aren't so much recycled, but they have to be encapsulated before they're tossed into the landfill ... keeps the poisonous components from leeching into the ground water ...

For the life of me, I don't understand why they put used motor oil drains at every street corner and then whine when they get used ... just stupid ...

Forum List

Back