88% Say They're Paying More for Groceries Than A Year Ago

Everything is more expensive than it was a year ago.

Groceries have increased in price before. It is only when we have bumper crops that they go down. I don't think one should try to blame the cost of groceries on the Pres.

It's the fuel costs that raise the "delivered price" of everything that has to be shipped.

About the only thing that goes down predictably is the price of high end electronics. They get their R&D paid for then lower the price so they can sell the overproduction and move on to a "new and improved " model that will cost more initially than it will in year three.

Well that's what happens when farmers get regulated and transportation costs goes up due to more regulations and higher gas prices.

Obamafuck has been regulating the shit out of the food industry - from the farmer to the packager.

My mom is a CFO of a company that owns and runs 15 product packaging companies and the state and federal governments have put a noose around their necks via taxation and regulation. Their companies paid close to 20 million dollars in taxes this year alone.

That's why your shampoo, glad bags, sandwich bags, air fresheners etc are all more expensive...

Businesses just have no choice but to up the cost of products to make a profit - because the federal and state government try to take all their money..

More regulation, higher energy costs, inflation, and rest assured it's just gonna get worse. (R or D running gov't)

if Willow/the GObP had their way:

111524_600.jpg

Groceries have increased in price before. It is only when we have bumper crops that they go down. I don't think one should try to blame the cost of groceries on the Pres.

It's the fuel costs that raise the "delivered price" of everything that has to be shipped.

About the only thing that goes down predictably is the price of high end electronics. They get their R&D paid for then lower the price so they can sell the overproduction and move on to a "new and improved " model that will cost more initially than it will in year three.

that' why we blame him,, he demonizes all fossil fuels.. he's an idiot.

Two things

1) the cost of fuel, and compared to last year at this time it is up a little.

2) printing more and more money.

So here we go, the dollar loses buying power and buys less than it did a year ago, it seems to me economists told us of this, but why listen, we didn't listen to them in the mid 90's when they said the housing bubble could not hold.

Anyone want to cite the specific regulations that are leading to the spike in food costs?

Too Much Regulation Adds To Food Cost | Tennessee Farm Bureau

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is one such government regulatory program that continues to add to the cost of doing business within our own country. In his address to the voting delegates of the Tennessee Farm Bureau Federation at their annual meeting recently, TFBF President Lacy Upchurch said, “We all support common sense regulation that protects human health, and all of us support common sense regulation that protects and conserves our natural resources, but EPA has just gotten out of hand. A few years ago, we laughed when we heard that EPA wanted to regulate cow gas. EPA wants to regulate farm dust, regulate milk tanks and require spill prevention plans, classify spray nozzles as point source pollution, threaten to penalize farmers for feeding hay in a pasture hay ring, and so on. I really believe that some at EPA get pleasure out of threats and intimidation.”

that' why we blame him,, he demonizes all fossil fuels.. he's an idiot.

That is quite true...but it raises the price of ALL deliveries. Why single out groceries? Obama raises the cost of EVERYTHING with his refusal to let the US produce its own oil supplies.

It looks like Obama doesn't worry about food prices.

obamahoagie2.banner.jpg

I am armed with a toasted hoagie! Bet he doesn't break it all up and give everyone a small piece to be fair and share. It is every man for himself in that one. The bigger the better....and all that. His wife has a campaign against obesity but has anyone taken notice of the size of her back side? Of course she hasn't. That is all behind her

Anyone want to cite the specific regulations that are leading to the spike in food costs?

Too Much Regulation Adds To Food Cost | Tennessee Farm Bureau

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is one such government regulatory program that continues to add to the cost of doing business within our own country. In his address to the voting delegates of the Tennessee Farm Bureau Federation at their annual meeting recently, TFBF President Lacy Upchurch said, “We all support common sense regulation that protects human health, and all of us support common sense regulation that protects and conserves our natural resources, but EPA has just gotten out of hand. A few years ago, we laughed when we heard that EPA wanted to regulate cow gas. EPA wants to regulate farm dust, regulate milk tanks and require spill prevention plans, classify spray nozzles as point source pollution, threaten to penalize farmers for feeding hay in a pasture hay ring, and so on. I really believe that some at EPA get pleasure out of threats and intimidation.”

Specific regulation and how it leads to increased food cost. Simple request. Not what the EPA WANTS to do. What are they already doing that you can say is a driver of higher food costs. Then...while you are at it....discuss the benefits of said regulation and whether or not any added cost is worth it.

Try harder.

Forum List

Back