81% agree, raise taxes

Yes, let's squash economic growth even more so that a larger portion of the population will become government dependents.

Great idea.
Ooooops!! Your idea didn't work Fishy, so we have to try something different, like rape the rich miser bastards and take their coin.

I would have evverybody pay the same amount of taxes, and base the payment on our lowest denominator, whatever he can pay. If it isn't enough, slash the military, foreign aid, and corporate aid.

The k00k left fringe on this board speak to the issue like its a slam dunk that the people of America are on board with the class warfare shit. Nothing could be further from the truth.

But shit............dont take my word for it............go back and check the results of the election in November.

A grim reminder to the k00ks..................

PH2010110301760.jpg

I see alot of red s0ns..................:up::fu::fu::fu::fu:

That we should raise taxes on the wealthy in our time of need. So who are all these people in congress who are against it and why?

I say tighten up deductions, work on elimination of abuse, get overhead down, get rid of programs that don't work, bring some of our troops home, and get rid of the last TAX cut for any income over 25,000.
Then put a 2% add on for all income over 250,000.
Take SS tax all the way up to 1/2 million for workers and base SS on need. every dollar in income over 50,000 cost you .25 cents off your monthly SS payment.

Republicans come on now, your always saying you was sent to washington to do what the people wanted, well 81% want you to raise taxes esp on those at the top.

Democracy is tyranny of the majority. In a free country, we are all citizens, we all share responsibility and all should bear the cost. The rich already pay far more then their share of taxes by every measure. When one in 20 people pay one and a half times what the other 19 pay, as is the case now, we are not equal men, we are men and leaches.

Grow up and stop advocating dumping your problems on a small set of the population.

You make it sound so awful to be rich. :lol: Sorry, but I can't feel sorry for the wealthy when wealth distribution itself is so skewed.

http://jec.senate.gov/public/?a=Files.Serve&File_id=91975589-257c-403b-8093-8f3b584a088c

The JEC report found:

In the past three decades, the share of income going to the wealthiest 10 percent of households has increased significantly, from 34.6 percent in 1980 to 48.2 percent in 2008.

Annual income for middle class Americans – those in the middle income quintile – increased by more than $6,700 during the Clinton Administration. During the eight years of the Bush Administration, this middle quintile saw their annual incomes fall by more than $2,600.

Americans across all five income quintiles saw income gains during the Clinton Administration, while, by contrast, incomes fell for each quintile during the Bush Administration.

The increase in marginal tax rates for the wealthiest one percent of households during the Clinton Administration did not lower these households’ income. Real income of the top 1 percent grew at an average annual rate of 10.3 percent during the Clinton years.

From 1948 to 2005, incomes for Americans in the 60th percentile grew at an average of 2.5 percent under Democratic Presidents, compared to an average growth rate of just 1.1 percent under Republicans.

Yes, let's squash economic growth even more so that a larger portion of the population will become government dependents.

Great idea.

What economic growth?

Oh you mean the one going on in China, Central America, India and South East Asia?

Heavens to betsy..can't do that.

Wait a second.A day barely goes by when the President is telling us that we have had month after month of economic growth....Now we haven't had any?

Are you calling our little community organizer in Chief a liar?.....:(

Well more of a cheer leader.

Playing alot of "catching up". Still it's probably not going to make up for all the loses that occurred during the Bush administration. The reality is that Bush and his Conservative base happily ran the American economy into a big pile of shit.

Digging out is going to stink.

What economic growth?

Oh you mean the one going on in China, Central America, India and South East Asia?

Heavens to betsy..can't do that.

Wait a second.A day barely goes by when the President is telling us that we have had month after month of economic growth....Now we haven't had any?

Playing alot of "catching up". Still it's probably not going to make up for all the loses that occurred during the Bush administration. The reality is that Bush and his Conservative base happily ran the American economy into a big pile of shit.

yeah.....but nobody cares about Bush anymore except the internet k00ks..........

There is a faction on the right that react like this when they cant refute the facts presented.

The factds are that we have created tons of jobs and had great economies with much higher tax rates on the wealthy.

If you note when the economy is bad they say "you cant raise taxes now"

When the econony is good they say "you cant raise taxes now".

They only want them cut and cut and cut.

The are the fiscally irresponsible party.

They NEVER want the wealthy to pay their fair share no matter how much the wealthy rape the economy

What is the fair share of the wealthy? I've never seen you money grabbers name a "fair share>"

The Top Earners already pay 70% of the total Tax Load, Fair? I think not.

These people do not even know basic Math. Most of these Liberals think all of our problems can be solved by taxing the rich. Even if we ignore the economic Effects of those taxes, and decided to take 100% of the riches money. It would still not even come close to fixing our Budget. These goofs simply do not get it.

Do they?

Wow..that's some trick. Paying out all that cash and still managing to control close to 30% or so of America's wealth.

Gosh..one has to wonder how Bill Gates managed to scrape together 54 Billion dollars of personal wealth paying all those big fat taxes...

Must be that gosh darn voodoo economics..

Fair? They spend 90% of the money, so I would say it is fair.

These people do not even know basic Math. Most of these Liberals think all of our problems can be solved by taxing the rich. Even if we ignore the economic Effects of those taxes, and decided to take 100% of the riches money. It would still not even come close to fixing our Budget. These goofs simply do not get it.

No, all of our problems won't be solved by taxing the rich, they are just a starting point. Just one dot along the way, but an important dot. When they have to start paying their own way they will stop spending government money.

yeah.....but nobody cares about Bush anymore except the internet k00ks..........

Which is to bad really.

Those who don't learn from history are bound to repeat it.

Fair? They spend 90% of the money, so I would say it is fair.

No, all of our problems won't be solved by taxing the rich, they are just a starting point. Just one dot along the way, but an important dot. When they have to start paying their own way they will stop spending government money.

Start paying their own way? Have you ever looked at the Governments own numbers on who pays what? The Rich already pay 70% of the Tax Load, how much do you expect them to pay?

This is exactly why we do not have a direct Democracy. If we did 51% of the people would vote to take the other 49% money and have it handed out to them.

Its a reuters article .

Published on Tuesday, January 4, 2011 by Reuters Most Americans Say Tax Rich to Balance Budget: Poll
81% Say Tax Rich or Cut Military; 3% Say Cut Social Security

No it isn't, Common Dreams references but fails to link Reuters.

They also contradict all polling I can find.

Budget/Taxes

Hey, they're leftists - of course they're lying.

Last edited:
C'mon s0ns..........heres the poop. The class warfare shit only exists in the nether regions of the internet like this site. No place else. Do I need to post up the red-blue map following the election a couple of months ago? Ummm........did the Bush tax cuts get extended or am I not sitting in front of this PC???

Oh......perhaps a map of the election results are in order................

PH2010110301760.jpg

Ooooooooooooops!!!!!

:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

It's obvious to me that you don't even get the crux of the whole conversation. Class warfare encompasses much, much more than the two-year extension ONLY of the tax cuts.

That we should raise taxes on the wealthy in our time of need. So who are all these people in congress who are against it and why?

I say tighten up deductions, work on elimination of abuse, get overhead down, get rid of programs that don't work, bring some of our troops home, and get rid of the last TAX cut for any income over 25,000.
Then put a 2% add on for all income over 250,000.
Take SS tax all the way up to 1/2 million for workers and base SS on need. every dollar in income over 50,000 cost you .25 cents off your monthly SS payment.

Republicans come on now, your always saying you was sent to washington to do what the people wanted, well 81% want you to raise taxes esp on those at the top.

Hey genius... you could take ALL of their money and it wouldn't come close to paying off our debts.

Please stop reading failed Marxist claptrap.

We'll always have debt. Clinton and the Republicans cut spending AND raised taxes, and at least that resulted in a balanced budget. And it happened in record time, following massive debt left by Bush41 who inherited it from Reagan.

C'mon s0ns..........heres the poop. The class warfare shit only exists in the nether regions of the internet like this site. No place else. Do I need to post up the red-blue map following the election a couple of months ago? Ummm........did the Bush tax cuts get extended or am I not sitting in front of this PC???

Oh......perhaps a map of the election results are in order................

PH2010110301760.jpg

Ooooooooooooops!!!!!

:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

It's obvious to me that you don't even get the crux of the whole conversation. Class warfare encompasses much, much more than the two-year extension ONLY of the tax cuts.

Really..........then I rest on my fcukking map!!!!:fu: I always did love kicking people in the head when they are down!!! Call me a bandwagoner.............but always did love the movie "A Bronx Tale".

:blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup:

Start paying their own way? Have you ever looked at the Governments own numbers on who pays what? The Rich already pay 70% of the Tax Load, how much do you expect them to pay?

Oh, about 90% until they pay off the 14 Trillion they generated. Of course if your feeling sorry for them, there is a lil check box on the IRS form for donations. Give generously!!!:lol:

This is exactly why we do not have a direct Democracy. If we did 51% of the people would vote to take the other 49% money and have it handed out to them.

Yeah, it's rough all over, isn't it. Giving the people money is an excellent way to stimulate the economy. Too bad the Crotch Bros. never thought of that.

Last edited:

I wouldn't even call that The Rich. The split point last year was $113K.

Somebody making $113K has much more in common with somebody making $90K than he does with Bill Gates.

What the Obama Administration and their cohorts are doing is demonizing middle and upper middle class people and pitting them against the lower middle class.

The Tax Foundation - Summary of Latest Federal Individual Income Tax Data

The split point for the top 5% was $159L (again Not Rich), and for the top 1% it was $380K (upper middle class but Not Rich).

There just aren't that many wealthy people. I read an article awhile ago calculated the total net worth of all the billionaires in the U.S. If we seized all their wealth, it wouldn't even cover the budget deficit for this year alone.

Under Eisenhower, a republican, the richest were taxed at 91%. That was when we got our interstate highway system.

This is so historically and economically ignorant.

In 1956, the top marginal tax rate of 91% for a married couple filing jointly only applied to incomes over $200,000, which is nearly $3.4 MILLION today.

And note the higher rates back then at lower levels of income (the 30% rate applies to the equivalent of approx. $100K today)

boedicca-albums-more-boedicca-s-stuff-picture3354-1956.jpg

The Tax Foundation - U.S. Federal Individual Income Tax Rates History, 1913-2011

Inflation Calculator | Find US Dollar's Value from 1913-2011

The real lesson to draw from past rates is that more of the income tax burden was born by people at lower levels of income than today. With lower rates for wealthier taxpayers, they actually pay a higher share of the income tax burden.

In 2010, the top 10% of taxpayers paid nearly 70% of individual income taxes.

Contrast that with 50% in 1977 (the earliest I could find, with a top tax rate of 70% on incomes over $737K in today's dollars)

Preliminary Estimates of Effective Tax Rates

I can't find equivalent data for 1956, but given that the share of income tax collection as a % of GDP 17.4% (very close to the 18-19% average trend), the high taxes on The Rich didn't generate additional tax receipts.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=1324]Federal Income Taxes, as a Share of GDP, Drop to Lowest Level Since 1942, According to Final Budget Data, 10/21/03

Did you even read that link? You are, in fact, making the case that the tax cuts did nothing to keep the economy afloat.

Forum List

Back