80's and 90's NBA Stars that Spoken History Leaves Behind...

I think Isaiah gets his proper credit.
For his skill set and what he was in the late 80's early 90's, I don't think he does. I think the nail in the coffin was being left off the dream team because of drama queen Michael Jordan and his hurt feelings from the Pistons leaving the court early when the Bulls finally upended the pistons.

There was no reason Thomas shouldn't have been on the dream team.

I was wondering if Mourning would be on your list. He was good.

I think Isaiah gets his proper credit. I think Joe Dumars was over rated. Good. Definitely good. But I never saw him as a hall of fame type.

What about Rodman?

Gary Payton and malone went to play with shaq and Kobe. Reminds me of this year all the old farts went to play with lebron and again it’s not working out.
I loved Joe I had his basketball game on my Sega

768.jpg

Do you really view Laimbeer as underrated as far as what he offered?

Because he never offered skill to win a game. He knows and admits this. He knew Isaiah was the guy, and he knew other skill guys would assist Thomas. Laimbeer was a role player, a legendary one. There's nothing wrong with that, but that's what he was.

Do you really view Laimbeer as underrated as far as what he offered?

Because he never offered skill to win a game. He knows and admits this. He knew Isaiah was the guy, and he knew other skill guys would assist Thomas. Laimbeer was a role player, a legendary one. There's nothing wrong with that, but that's what he was.

Well, he's the main reason the Pistons were known as the bad boys of the era.

If Bill Walton was to see your list, he would be very upset
that you didn't mention him. Of course, it would be his inflated ego talking.
Had Walton stayed healthy, he was incredible to watch. He could bring the ball down the court, he could rebound, shoot, blocked shots, could steal and also one of the best passing big men I have ever seen. Jack Ramsay and Bill Walton perfected the Celtics fast breaks. He was fun to watch..

Well, he's the main reason the Pistons were known as the bad boys of the era.
Yes, but IMO he's given his fair due for what he was. He's not like a Dominique Wilkins, who would have won 5-6 NBA scoring titles had MJ not existed... and been left out of most "Great 80's-90's" players discussions.

If Bill Walton was to see your list, he would be very upset
that you didn't mention him. Of course, it would be his inflated ego talking.
Walton was a mid-late 70's, mildly early 80's guy. By the time he reached the mid-80's, he was just a role player... nothing wrong with that, but he wasn't the Bill Walton he came up as. You know this. I'm talking a specific time period. There were people hanging around in the era, but when were they in their prime?

Forum List

Back