8% unemployment - more like 20% actually

How is it that Mexican man is working, his family works and all 3 of my kids work?
Best way to not be unemployed IS TAKE A FUCKING JOB.
There are plenty of jobs available. Americans are lazy fucks.

while we're on the subject:

How does the government borrowing money and spending it into the economy cause unemployment?

Be specific. It's your claim.

Easy Peasy.

The government borrowing and spending money to prop up State and Local Union jobs is a misallocation of capital.

That makes no sense. A "misallocation of capital"? Where would it be "properly allocated" when it's sitting in bank reserves and world currency reserves?

That spending just consumes money. Taking it away from the private sector means that less money is invested in job creating entrepreneurial ventures (more than half of all job creation is by small businesses and start ups).

Money was not "Taken away" from the private sector.

How does the government borrowing money and spending it into the economy cause unemployment?

Easy Peasy.

The government borrowing and spending money to prop up State and Local Union jobs is a misallocation of capital.

That makes no sense. A "misallocation of capital"? Where would it be "properly allocated" when it's sitting in bank reserves and world currency reserves?

That spending just consumes money. Taking it away from the private sector means that less money is invested in job creating entrepreneurial ventures (more than half of all job creation is by small businesses and start ups).

ALL $$$ is from the private sector.
Government produces NOTHING.

Easy Peasy.

It wasn't taken away from the private sector.

Easy Peasy.

Businesses get their money from the private sector so by your logic businesses produce nothing.

Easy Peasy.

The government borrowing and spending money to prop up State and Local Union jobs is a misallocation of capital. That spending just consumes money. Taking it away from the private sector means that less money is invested in job creating entrepreneurial ventures (more than half of all job creation is by small businesses and start ups).

And don't bother with the carnard about Mega Corps sitting on $2T of cash. They are not the ones who create jobs. They will use that cash to buy smaller companies - but that generally results in job losses.

Money isn't being taken away from the 'private sector'. It's being borrowed from investors and ending up IN the economy.

If the government borrows 100 million dollars and uses it to finance a defense contract for X amount of military hardware...

...what's the net job loss/gain? Who lost jobs because of that? Who gained jobs because of that?

Anyone want to help boedicca out on this one?

Businesses get their money from the private sector so by your logic businesses produce nothing.

No.
What does government produce other than debt?

you
What happened to all of those new private sector jobs that were supposed to be created by you dipshits putting the Republicans back in power in the House? I guess those tax breaks for the wealthy don't create jobs after all, huh?

Are these the tax codes you call tax breaks for the wealthy?

The 2001 act and the 2003 act significantly lowered the marginal tax rates for nearly all U.S. taxpayers. One byproduct of this tax rate reduction was that it brought to prominence a previously lesser known provision of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT). The AMT was originally designed as a way of making sure that wealthy taxpayers could not take advantage of "too many" tax incentives and reduce their tax obligation by too much. It is a parallel system of calculating a taxpayer's tax liability that eliminates many deductions. However the applicable AMT rates were not adjusted to match the lowered rates of the 2001 and 2003 acts, causing many more people to face higher taxes. This reduced the benefit of the two acts for many upper-middle income earners, particularly those with deductions for state and local income taxes, dependents, and property taxes.

Just so you will know, wealth is not taxed in the US, income is. And, unemployment averaged 5.2% during Bush's 8 years. It averaged 9.4% for the first 18 months of Obama's regime. How is that $800 billion bailout working for you?

300 billion of the stimulus was tax cuts. 800 billion in tax cuts/extensions were passed in December.

That's 1.1 trillion in lost revenue added to the deficit/debt in order to stimulate the economy.

It isn't working, is it?

Spending is the problem. If you have less money do you continue to spend just as much or do you cut back? If the Gov. has less revenue they need to cut spending.

No.

Before I answer directly, and I will, let's further explore your premise.

If the government produces nothing of value, then there is no need to have government.

That's the logical conclusion from your premise, now let's hear you defend the conclusion that no government in any form should exist because government produces nothing of value.

No.

highways. Security. Private property protection. Intellectual property protection. Space programs....I could go on.

No. Private sector companies build the highways.
How come you do not know this?
ALL government does is take $$ from citizens, the private sector, and pay the private companies to build the highways.

No.

If the government produces nothing of value, then there is no need to have government.

That's the logical conclusion from your premise, now let's hear you defend the conclusion that no government in any form should exist because government produces nothing of value.

Read the Constitution and you will see what government is charged to do BY LAW.
And tell me where it states that government sets up a widget factory to make widgets.

We are a nation of LAWS, not men and their various religous beliefs and wealth redistribution schemes forced on citizens for votes at the point of a gun.

No.

highways. Security. Private property protection. Intellectual property protection. Space programs....I could go on.

ALL government does is take $$ from citizens, the private sector, and pay the private companies to build the highways.

I'm sorry, are you seriously claiming the highways would be built if the government was not involved at all?

No.

Private sector companies build highways under government contracts. The demand is created by government. Your claim is akin to saying "private companies don't build highways, people do!" Of course the government doesn't build the highway, nor does the company.

Last edited:

I'm sorry, are you seriously claiming the highways would be built if the government was not involved at all?

Didn't make that claim.
I stated that government produces NOTHING.
Government does not compete in the free market, never makes a profit and is ALWAYS delendent on CITIZENS-TAXPAYERS to get every cent it has.
EVERYTHING government does is from TAXPAYERS.
Tell us, how does government DO ANYTHING without taxpayers?
How does government operate ON THEIR OWN LIKE THE PRIVATE SECTOR DOES?

Private sector companies build highways under government contracts. The demand is created by government. Your claim is akin to saying "private companies don't build highways, people do!" Of course the government doesn't build the highway, nor does the company.

I know it and you have made my case for me.
But the demand is created by THE TAXPAYER, not the government.
Government is an entity only.

A corporation is an entity only, as well. So I guess the point of this ridiculous argument is that government doesn't produce anything, companies don't produce anything, company owners don't produce anything, only company employees produce stuff....

But the government, companies and citizens can all create demand.

OK then.

No.

Read the Constitution and you will see what government is charged to do BY LAW.
And tell me where it states that government sets up a widget factory to make widgets.

We are a nation of LAWS, not men and their various religous beliefs and wealth redistribution schemes forced on citizens for votes at the point of a gun.

It was your claim the government produces nothing of value. That would make the military of no value, the post office of no value, the public schools of no value, law enforcement of no value.

Etc.

Defend your claim.

Didn't make that claim.
I stated that government produces NOTHING.
And if something would not be produced without the government, then what difference does it make whether or not the government produces it directly?

Government does not compete in the free market, never makes a profit
That's the whole point of government: to provide services that the free market is inadequate to supply especially due to lack of profit.

[qutoe]and is ALWAYS delendent on CITIZENS-TAXPAYERS to get every cent it has.[/quote]And every company is ALWAYS dependent on consumers to get every cent. The only difference is that benefits to citizens are not always direct.

EVERYTHING government does is from TAXPAYERS.
And your alternative would be?

A corporation is an entity only, as well. So I guess the point of this ridiculous argument is that government doesn't produce anything, companies don't produce anything, company owners don't produce anything, only company employees produce stuff....

But the government, companies and citizens can all create demand.

OK then.

Government never increases demand.

Forum List

Back