8 Things You Should Never Buy at a Grocery Store

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
f9747454-cf22-439f-9ca4-e62bc1b824f2.jpg

My wife buys bottled water by the cases while I drink tap water. It’s one place a thoroughly agree with this article.

1. Greeting cards. Why buys them anymore?

2. Magazines. You mean those tabloids?

3. Pet food. Petco works just fine with me.

4. Bottled water. Toldya so.

5. Bsking mixes.

6. Kitchenware.

7. Spices.

8. Batteries. Only because it’s convenient.

Reasons @ 8 Things You Should Never Buy at a Grocery Store

I hate Greeting Cards

$7 for a folded piece of paper. My wife insists on buying a stupid card with every present we buy

We need China to get in the business

The rest, supermarkets have prices similar to anywhere else

Bottled water......i look at it as an alternative to buying soda

I hate Greeting Cards

$7 for a folded piece of paper. My wife insists on buying a stupid card with every present we buy

Your post brings up a curious question, I wonder if Hallmark monopolizes the entire industry like that one company does with eye glasses/sun glasses?

I hate Greeting Cards

Your post brings up a curious question, I wonder if Hallmark monopolizes the entire industry like that one company does with eye glasses/sun glasses?

American Greeting is available in some stores but mostly Hallmark

Hallmark is ridiculously expensive
One card costs as much as a paperback book

Bottled water is a joke. Just like when I was 10, I get all my water right out of the sink.
My friend's mom was right back then, though: They are now selling bottles of water for $1.

We laughed and laughed at her back then. We were wrong.

Water was practically free back then.

Im surprised they haven't figured out a way to make you pay a quarter for a minute at a drinking fountains

Spices have an expiration date.
Unless you use a shitload of em it's a waste of money buying in bulk.
Every time we clean out the pantry we end up throwing away a shit ton of spices that have expired.

Dont care for tap water. We go with the 5 gallon jugs and a water dispenser. And they bring the water to you.

I hate Greeting Cards

If you need to buy greeting cards buy them at the Dollar Store..

Every time we clean out the pantry we end up throwing away a shit ton of spices that have expired.

Dont care for tap water. We go with the 5 gallon jugs and a water dispenser. And they bring the water to you.

Refrigerator water has a filter in it. Change it when it starts running slow.

Refrigerator water has a filter in it. Change it when it starts running slow.

The only thing the filter gets used for is making ice these days.
The wife got me started drinking Ozarka and now tap water tastes like shit.

I hate Greeting Cards

"Our condolences on the loss of your manufacturing sector"

Bottled water is a joke. Just like when I was 10, I get all my water right out of the sink.
My friend's mom was right back then, though: They are now selling bottles of water for $1.

We laughed and laughed at her back then. We were wrong.

Water was practically free back then.

Try buying a bottle of water at the movie theater.

$$$$$

To me, greeting cards have gotten too expensive when finding them in the stores unless you are at the Dollar Tree store. My most favorite magazine stopped being made about two or three years ago, Country Weekly that is, and I don't have any pets so pet food has never been an issue.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Why not bottled water? Deer Park is the stuff that I mainly get.

I use a water filter

Great tasting water

I use a water filter

Great tasting water

To each his own I guess.
We can taste a huge difference between filtered and Ozarka.
We use it to cook with as well.

A good friend of mine who I've known since we were little kids owns a local bottled water company. It's great tasting water and I get it for free. But I have to go sterilize and fill the jugs myself.

When he transitioned to plastic bottles to save fuel & reduce breakage he gave me a bunch of the old 5 gallon glass jugs. They work great for home made wine.

f9747454-cf22-439f-9ca4-e62bc1b824f2.jpg

My wife buys bottled water by the cases while I drink tap water. It’s one place a thoroughly agree with this article.

1. Greeting cards. Why buys them anymore?

2. Magazines. You mean those tabloids?

3. Pet food. Petco works just fine with me.

4. Bottled water. Toldya so.

5. Bsking mixes.

6. Kitchenware.

7. Spices.

8. Batteries. Only because it’s convenient.

Reasons @ 8 Things You Should Never Buy at a Grocery Store
I would take baking mix off there and add sushi to the list, you can get your sushi at the gas station.

Forum List

Back