8 things to stop mass shooters, that won't stop mass shooters, and are pretty dumb ideas....

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by 2aguy, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,727
    And he could have killed a lot more with a big truck and a snow plow

2. airplanemechanic

airplanemechanic Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,970
    Videos showed muzzle flashes. If you have to, shoot at the muzzle flashes. The side of the Mandalay bay resort is lit anyway, a good sniper could have taken him out. You don't think cops are trained in sniping at night?

You only fire at the window thats broken that has muzzle flashes coming out of it. I could see which windows were broken with the naked eye, much less with a high power scope.

Some stupid liberals were asking "what happened to the CC holders, why didn't they shoot back? They are supposed to be heros but were running like pussies".

1. Guns were not allowed at this concert. So CC holders who were actually following the law (yes there are a few of them left) wouldn't have had a gun to shoot back.

2. The shooter was over 400 yards away, CC means a handgun, they are useless at 400 yards.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  3. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Carolinia Agresticia; the Forest Primeval
    Ratings:
    +36,578
    Again ----- same question originally posted ---------- WHERE does it say "Democrat"?

Do you just not understand what the term "Democrat" means? Does the OP not get that either?
    Are y'all stupid?

4. Brain357

Brain357 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,556
    Yes that is all. Not much at all. I could easily and legally go buy any gun right now.

5. Brain357

Brain357 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,556
    Again we can close roads. Can use barriers and spike strips. But you want every option available to killers.

6. Brain357

Brain357 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,556
    With all the chaos going on you think he would have quickly found and shot him. Sure.

So rather than gun control which works we need more snipers. Funny.

7. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,578
    [​IMG]

Yep, I myself keep a can of gasoline handy in case something I'm cooking catches fire. So I can douse it.

'Scuse me a moment............. :banghead:

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. hadit

hadit Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,759
    We live in a bifurcated world, in which most people who give a flying rat's patoot about politics identify with one of the major parties. No,I don't have concrete evidence that this guy belongs to one party or the other, but the majority of American "journalists" identify with the democrats. This guy is clearly left leaning, and the odds are that he is a democrat. I was being tongue in cheek by sarcastically suggesting that he was a Republican. Obviously, he is not. I would posit, though, that his sympathies would lie on the democrat side of the fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,894

We need to ban GAMBLING. Clearly, it leads to Mass Murder.

And while we're at it, let's ban drinking, dancing, and pre-marital sex. Woke SJWs are the New Puritans of America!

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  10. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,578
    I know you were, but it's the same idiocy as the original idiocy to pretend that the world exists as some idiotic dichotomy like that. I for one belong to the largest political party faction in these United States, which is "NONE".

Aside from that obvious point, while condeding the one ass-umption you've injected several more, to wit: "this guy is clearly left leaning" and "the odds are that he is a democrat [sic]". Bullshit. What you have here is an "Everybody Knows X, therefore X is true" fallacy. Nothing more.

The bottom line still is, if you make an assertion you'd better be ready to back it up. With something a bit more tangible than "it seems likely" or "everybody knows" --- and then submit as your evidence a Wiki page that never mentions it at all.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017