7 Ways Pets Improve Your Health

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
th

Health.com / Celia Shatzman, May 11, 2014

What pet owner doesn't know this? Maybe there's something to it as my wife suffered allergies for years – until a tiny Chihuahua puppy came into her life. No more allergies!

When you come home to a purr or wagging tail at the end of a stressful day, the sudden wave of calm you feel isn’t just your imagination. Research suggests that your fluffy friend truly is good for your physical and mental health. “Pets often provide unconditional acceptance and love and they’re always there for you,” says Gary A. Christenson, MD, chief medical officer at Boynton Health Service at the University of Minnesota

Read the rest of this Not News @ 7 Ways Pets Improve Your Health - TIME

Dogs connect with man to a degree that cats simply do not. I believe it is in the different nature of the two species, since both have been domesticated for tens of thousands of years. I wonder if it's because dogs were put to work alongside man, although that in and of itself is a measure of their advanced intellect over cats.

People who do not have pets don't know what they are missing. The little beasts are natural stress reducers.

Forum List

Back