7 Reasons Why You Should Home School Your Kids

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
kidsinschoolas_hdv_1.jpg

Before even looking at the 7, my response is – because the current public school system sucks! Grads can’t read, write, or do math. All they can do is earn participation awards. But, here are the reason cited by the author:

It fosters family intimacy

It allows for controlled socialization with peers

Home Schooling Ensures Congruency Between Your Values, Teaching, Beliefs, and Education

It Removes the Tension Between the World Your Child Lives in at School and the World They Live in at Home

It Enables You To Tailor the Educational Approach You Take With Your Child

Home Schooling Affords the Flexibility for Family Time, Excursions, Travel and Serving

Home Schooling Gives You the Freedom to Let Your Child Chase Their Individual Gifts and Passions

Why the hell do they have to use verbiage like that? Why not make it simple so people like me can understand it?

Makes the family closer

Parents can decide who the kids play and get together with

You can mesh your values, beliefs, and education

No more hangups about school and home

You can set up the program you and you kid agree on

The family can decide what and when to do things

Kinda repeats an earlier one

Another repeat of an earlier one

You kid can go after what they like and can do best.

Now, ain’t that better?

Read the rest of the stuff @ Should You Homeschool Your Children? Seven Reasons Why You Should

Homeschooling also carries another plus!

If you are a moron, it almost guarantees your kids will NOT grow up to be as smart as you are, thus damning them to a life of poverty.

Home schooling is great for those who can do it. I just hate when people claim it is a panacea.

If you are a moron, it almost guarantees your kids will NOT grow up to be as smart as you are, thus damning them to a life of poverty.

Home schooling is great for those who can do it. I just hate when people claim it is a panacea.

If you yourself can't do it, you can always co-op with others.

A lot of home schooled kids are schooled with other kids at other homes and groups of parents take turns. It's not just necessarily you and your kid all the time. Every home schooled kid I've met has been far more well rounded than the average brat running around.

Why the hell do they have to use verbiage like that? Why not make it simple so people like me can understand it?

Makes the family closer

Now, ain’t that better?

This is why the left hates it. It limits their power and influence over other people's children.

A lot of home schooled kids are schooled with other kids at other homes and groups of parents take turns. It's not just necessarily you and your kid all the time. Every home schooled kid I've met has been far more well rounded than the average brat running around.

You just have not had homeschooled kids dropped into your high school class without any significant math skills.

You just have not had homeschooled kids dropped into your high school class without any significant math skills.

I'm sure that happens here and there, but by and large home schooled kids run circles around public school kids.

I'm sure that happens here and there, but by and large home schooled kids run circles around public school kids.

That's an assumption on your part because there is simply no data to support that they do any better or worse. They should do better considering they often have more direct teacher-student contact, but there again it is an assumption.

My daughter-in-law homeschooled my granddaughter for a while, and did it well.

That's an assumption on your part because there is simply no data to support that they do any better or worse. They should do better considering they often have more direct teacher-student contact, but there again it is an assumption.

These stats are reflected in numerous studies.
      • The home-educated typically score 15 to 30 percentile points above public-school students on standardized academic achievement tests. (The public school average is the 50th percentile; scores range from 1 to 99.) A 2015 study found Black homeschool students to be scoring 23 to 42 percentile points above Black public school students (Ray, 2015).
      • Homeschool students score above average on achievement tests regardless of their parents’ level of formal education or their family’s household income.
      • Whether homeschool parents were ever certified teachers is not related to their children’s academic achievement.
      • Degree of state control and regulation of homeschooling is not related to academic achievement.
      • Home-educated students typically score above average on the SAT and ACT tests that colleges consider for admissions.
      • Homeschool students are increasingly being actively recruited by colleges.

Research Facts on Homeschooling - National Home Education Research Institute

Makes the family closer

Now, ain’t that better?

This is why the left hates it. It limits their power and influence over other people's children.

Link?

• The home-educated typically score 15 to 30 percentile points above public-school students on standardized academic achievement tests. (The public school average is the 50th percentile; scores range from 1 to 99.) A 2015 study found Black homeschool students to be scoring 23 to 42 percentile points above Black public school students (Ray, 2015).
      • Homeschool students score above average on achievement tests regardless of their parents’ level of formal education or their family’s household income.
      • Whether homeschool parents were ever certified teachers is not related to their children’s academic achievement.
      • Degree of state control and regulation of homeschooling is not related to academic achievement.
      • Home-educated students typically score above average on the SAT and ACT tests that colleges consider for admissions.

Let me explain for about the hundredth time, look at your source. Would you expect them to say anything else?

Also, I have explained self-selection bias so many times, you should know why this data is either made up or bogus.

There is every reason why most homeschool kids SHOULD do better than their public school peers, but don't try to piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Let me explain for about the hundredth time, look at your source. Would you expect them to say anything else?

Also, I have explained self-selection bias so many times, you should know why this data is either made up or bogus.

There is every reason why most homeschool kids SHOULD do better than their public school peers, but don't try to piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Let me explain one time. Numerous sources. Do your homework.

Seven reasons to homeschool

1. Keep your kids from going to school with negroes, Hispanics, Muslims
2. Allows you to pick your kids friends
3. Keeps them from learning about evolution
4. Keeps them from learning that homosexuals are not evil
5 Keeps them away from liberals
6. Enables them to learn that global warming is a myth
7. Allows you to sleep in if you want

If you yourself can't do it, you can always co-op with others.

And if you use an online curriculum, you can have teachers online to help.

LOL I’m friends with a Hispanic family that homeschools their kids, so that busts your racial troll bait right there

LOL I’m friends with a Hispanic family that homeschools their kids, so that busts your racial troll bait right there

Look at me!

I know a Hispanic family

Look at me!

I know a Hispanic family

I’m sure your parents are proud

I really think that you shouldn't home school your children unless you are a trained teacher.

One of our friends was a trained teacher, she home schooled her kid, and he is now a software engineer at a big software company in the northwest.

Let me explain one time. Numerous sources. Do your homework.

I have a Masters degree in Education. This was one of my areas of concentration. Have a nice day with your bogus sources! There are no sources that definitively prove your theory.

Forum List

Back