60's Music

At the time I was driving a 1954, XK-120 Jaguar (cost $600.00) when this song came out. I had already heard the song once and thought it incredible. I was at the stop light at Red and Bird Road in Coral Gables when I heard it start on WQAM. I stood up on the seat and hollered to everyone to tune to WQAM and listen to this fantastic new song! I was a freshman in college, 1964. Yeah, I'm really old.

Was there ever a better era for music than the sixties?

Early seventies rock and roll is better than late sixties rock and roll excluding Elvis. My favorite Elvis song is Burning Love and it is on a gold record far out in outer space on Voyager 2.

Was there ever a better era for music than the sixties?

Early seventies rock and roll is better than late sixties rock and roll excluding Elvis.

so go start a thread on it....

Very few if any answer my threads and I don't know how to cut and paste. Give an old man a break! However, I sang and danced on stage with Al Green in 1975 San Diego and we got a standing ovation. edit: I was the only white man there and I can go on and on endlessly about Al Green who is an honest man that did not know how to dance the Long Beach Hustle, xband did.

Last edited:
I listened to Black Sabbath in the Navy library on Guam reading history books in 1974. President Truman told me to study History in 1963. Hanoi Radio was a scale factor above ten.in 1972. Hanoi Radio played hard rock and Saigon Radio played soft rock.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back