60% scale back vacations from bad economy- Papa Obama heading to Martha's Vineyard

All of Washington shuts down for August recess. Sorry, but Obama doesn't have a ranch 1500 miles away that he can fly off to every other weekend or for vacations.

What's wrong with his house in Chicago?

All of Washington shuts down for August recess. Sorry, but Obama doesn't have a ranch 1500 miles away that he can fly off to every other weekend or for vacations.
Camp David is close by and paid for. He could go there.

It seems Obama just doesn't get the whole "frugality" theme that the public is demanding from the government. He seems more than a bit out of touch.....

he is renting the home. What's wrong with that?

Nothing. It just looks bad. The country is in an economic depression and lot of people are struggling to make ends meet. He deserves a vacation, but he shouldn't be so ostentatious, IMHO.

EDIT: the house he is renting costs $50,000 per week!

Last edited:
Camp David is close by and paid for. He could go there.

It seems Obama just doesn't get the whole "frugality" theme that the public is demanding from the government. He seems more than a bit out of touch.....

Nothing. It just looks bad. The country is in an economic depression and lot of people are struggling to make ends meet. He deserves a vacation, but he shouldn't be so ostentatious, IMHO.

He can be because he knows the MSM holds him, in fact all of the left, to lower standards
If they properly vetted him, he never would have been elected

Remember when the MSM use to complain about Bush and 5.5 unemployment

Funny how that works

He can be because he knows the MSM holds him, in fact all of the left, to lower standards
If they properly vetted him, he never would have been elected

Remember when the MSM use to complain about Bush and 5.5 unemployment

Funny how that works

Plenty of things to complain about bush on even leaving out employment.

I'm heading to Vancouver, BC. It must suck to not be able to manage your money. Is it President Obama's fault that most American's budgeting skills are as bad as the politicians in DC?

I'm heading to Vancouver, BC. It must suck to not be able to manage your money. Is it President Obama's fault that most American's budgeting skills are as bad as the politicians in DC?

True,

but then a lot of people thought he would help to create jobs
:eusa_whistle:

True,

Not me, I get my own job. The country wouldn't be in this mess if Americans of all income and races hadn't let their greed lead them down a path of stupid choices. Just because someone tells you you can afford it doesn't mean you need it.

True,

Not me, I get my own job. The country wouldn't be in this mess if Americans of all income and races hadn't let their greed lead them down a path of stupid choices. Just because someone tells you you can afford it doesn't mean you need it.

The problem is empowering federal politicians too much

True,

Only fools believe what coumes out of the mouth of a politician.

True,

Yeah, because federal politicians made people lie on mortgage documents, sell mortgage bonds they knew were worthless and push bad mortgages. Federal politicians didn't do that, greed did that.

Yeah, because federal politicians made people lie on mortgage documents, sell mortgage bonds they knew were worthless and push bad mortgages. Federal politicians didn't do that, greed did that.

Actually in way, yes

The gov't sets the rules under which we can operate on things like home loans,
If the gov't was not forcing their social policy desires through the banks
we would have been better off as a country

Forum List

Back