6-year-old with autism suspended from school because of GPS device

The "process" is to determine if it is a listening device or not. If there is no audio capability, the device is allowed. It is the same here, in every public school I work with. Can you find a single incident where a school did not allow a GPS device without audio capability?

Which they did. They told her to come get the child or the device. The kid was suspended. He is wearing the device. And if he wanders off from the school that audio is going to come in real handy. Won't it? Why did they bully mom?

She chose an ILLEGAL device. If her device didn't have audio,there would be NO DELAY. You are lying about the issue because you want it to sound like parents cannot track their kids. That is a flat out LIE. Parents cannot ILLEGALLY listen in on innocent Americans without their expressed consent. It is UNCONSTITUTIONAL and ILLEGAL.

Parents can attach a GPS device to their child. Parents cannot attach a listening device to their child if their child will be around unsuspecting citizens ... BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO LISTEN IN ON INNOCENT CITIZENS WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT.

There is nothing else to say about it. You continue to misrepresent the issue, even when called on it because you think it is just fine to break the law in this case. I do not. You won't change your mind and neither will I. You will continue to repeat the lie that autistic children cannot be tracked by their parents at school, and I will continue to point out that they certainly CAN be tracked by their parents with GPS; however, parents cannot illegally/unconstitutionally listen in on innocent Americans without consent.

Why did they bully mom? You will continue to avoid this.

They didn't bully Mom. They refused to allow the eavesdropping device until that capability was disabled. They did so to protect themselves from a lawsuit.

They suspended the child to come to the exact same arrangement they could have made on that day. It was a power play.

Mom did not offer to use a device without audio. Mom did not want to disable the audio. The device was not allowed until the audio was disabled. We're you able to find any instance of non-audio capable GPS's being currently banned?

Which they did. They told her to come get the child or the device. The kid was suspended. He is wearing the device. And if he wanders off from the school that audio is going to come in real handy. Won't it? Why did they bully mom?

She chose an ILLEGAL device. If her device didn't have audio,there would be NO DELAY. You are lying about the issue because you want it to sound like parents cannot track their kids. That is a flat out LIE. Parents cannot ILLEGALLY listen in on innocent Americans without their expressed consent. It is UNCONSTITUTIONAL and ILLEGAL.

Parents can attach a GPS device to their child. Parents cannot attach a listening device to their child if their child will be around unsuspecting citizens ... BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO LISTEN IN ON INNOCENT CITIZENS WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT.

There is nothing else to say about it. You continue to misrepresent the issue, even when called on it because you think it is just fine to break the law in this case. I do not. You won't change your mind and neither will I. You will continue to repeat the lie that autistic children cannot be tracked by their parents at school, and I will continue to point out that they certainly CAN be tracked by their parents with GPS; however, parents cannot illegally/unconstitutionally listen in on innocent Americans without consent.

Why did they bully mom? You will continue to avoid this.

They didn't bully Mom. They refused to allow the eavesdropping device until that capability was disabled. They did so to protect themselves from a lawsuit.

They suspended the child to come to the exact same arrangement they could have made on that day. It was a power play.

Mom did not offer to use a device without audio. Mom did not want to disable the audio. The device was not allowed until the audio was disabled. We're you able to find any instance of non-audio capable GPS's being currently banned?

She was told to come get the device or the child. Again.The child was suspended. The woman went to the television station and the child was allowed back to school and they came to an agreement they could have reached the day of. I am not researching it.

A 6-year-old boy from Milwaukee living with autism has been suspended from school because of a GPS tracker he wears on a belt under his clothes.

The device that Kahlil Hadley wears sends an alert to his mom’s phone if he wanders outside of a preset zone.

Hadley began wearing the device on Friday, and on Tuesday his mom received an urgent message from the boy’s school: remove the device or remove him. Cassandra Hadley refused, resulting in the suspension.
6-year-old with autism suspended from school because of GPS device - News in Arkansas

What jackoffs.

Why didn't you list the real reason?

Because then I would have put too much of the article in. Here: BECAUSE IT HAS LISTENING CAPABILITIES AS REPORTED IN A LETTER; HOWEVER, THE SCHOOL STATED SHE NEEDED TO GO THROUGH A PROCESS BUT REFUSED TO DO SO.

We good?

I don't care if it does have listening capabilities. How about the boy wanders off, gets lost and something happens to him and the school gets a lawsuit?

You could have explained it. Also, there is a process for the approval which she ignored.

The article is designed to get everybody's bowels in an uproar by an inflammatory headline and then slips the truth in the article at the very end.

Schools are pretty good at keeping track of kids. I only lost one in 21 years and that's because he jumped out a window. We were on the ground floor. We got him back in a matter of minutes.
I kept a tape recorder in my pocket when I was in school. Never know when incriminating evidence presents itself.

A 6-year-old boy from Milwaukee living with autism has been suspended from school because of a GPS tracker he wears on a belt under his clothes.

The device that Kahlil Hadley wears sends an alert to his mom’s phone if he wanders outside of a preset zone.

Hadley began wearing the device on Friday, and on Tuesday his mom received an urgent message from the boy’s school: remove the device or remove him. Cassandra Hadley refused, resulting in the suspension.
6-year-old with autism suspended from school because of GPS device - News in Arkansas

What jackoffs.

Why didn't you list the real reason?

Because then I would have put too much of the article in. Here: BECAUSE IT HAS LISTENING CAPABILITIES AS REPORTED IN A LETTER; HOWEVER, THE SCHOOL STATED SHE NEEDED TO GO THROUGH A PROCESS BUT REFUSED TO DO SO.

We good?

I don't care if it does have listening capabilities. How about the boy wanders off, gets lost and something happens to him and the school gets a lawsuit?

You could have explained it. Also, there is a process for the approval which she ignored.

The article is designed to get everybody's bowels in an uproar by an inflammatory headline and then slips the truth in the article at the very end.

Schools are pretty good at keeping track of kids. I only lost one in 21 years and that's because he jumped out a window. We were on the ground floor. We got him back in a matter of minutes.
I kept a tape recorder in my pocket when I was in school. Never know when incriminating evidence presents itself.

Depending on the state, that can be the incriminating evidence.

The listening device is illegal. It is illegal to record audio of someone (within range of the child) without their expressed consent. The school cannot break the law. The school has no choice. The parent CAN attach a GPS device to her child as long as it has no audio capability, but the parent would not choose a legal device. Why did the parent refuse to use a legal GPS device? Why would the parent run to media complaining that the school would not allow her to use an illegal listening device? It is certainly less hassle to follow the law.

They are allowing it with the understanding she does not turn it on while he is at school.

Because she would be breaking the law if she did. GPS devices are dirt cheap. She could have just attached one to her child and avoided all the drama and fake outrage over not allowing illegal eavesdropping on innocent people. The school informed her of this and she ran to the media with half the story so she could play martyr.

Spy Mini GPS Tracking Finder Device Auto Car Pets Kids Motorcycle Tracker Track | eBay

The school provided one set of answers to the media and one to the mom.

It is a GPS device. He's 6. It's fake outrage to you.

Let that child wander from the school one time and slap 'em with a lawsuit so big lots of people can rethink this.

A GPS device is a GREAT idea, one I fully support. A listening device is not necessary. In fact, if activated, it is ILLEGAL. Why do you refuse to acknowledge that the whole issue is the illegal listening compatibility, not the tracking of her child? Instead of attaching a GPS device to her child to ensure his safety, she misrepresented the situation to cause division and manufactured anger. She was more interested in drama and 15 minutes of fame than legally protecting her child.
Describe in detail how a recording device is illegal. Be specific, citing the relevant laws.

Forum List

Back