6 Days in Hell

EBH

Rookie
Aug 30, 2009
portland or
I read the NewsMax.com article on the possibility of a nuclear war with Iran and I have come to the conclusion that Obama is even more dangerous than I thought he was.
His approach to Mid-East Policies is totaly out of touch with reality. All he is doing by trying discussing things first is going to give them more time to develop the wepons they will use to defeat us. And if they do get the nuclear capabilty that all the experts are saying they are developing now we will no longer be talking about what to do because it will be to late to do anything at all. And that leaves only total nuclear War. That would be the end of Mankind as we know it.
Muslims may look forward to the day when they can all go to what ever they believe comes after death but I would rather stay here awhile longer.

Do you really believe politicians wield power? What weapons could Iran ever have to threaten the US? Given that the US alone has about 10k nukes I don't think it has to worry about Iran for a while.

I read the NewsMax.com article on the possibility of a nuclear war with Iran and I have come to the conclusion that Obama is even more dangerous than I thought he was.
His approach to Mid-East Policies is totaly out of touch with reality. All he is doing by trying discussing things first is going to give them more time to develop the wepons they will use to defeat us. And if they do get the nuclear capabilty that all the experts are saying they are developing now we will no longer be talking about what to do because it will be to late to do anything at all. And that leaves only total nuclear War. That would be the end of Mankind as we know it.
Muslims may look forward to the day when they can all go to what ever they believe comes after death but I would rather stay here awhile longer.

By all means he should be threatening them

That always worked for Bush

This is just too precious for words:

"I read the NewsMax.com article <insert ANYTHING here> and I have come to the conclusion that Obama is even more dangerous than I thought he was."

lol.

Iran is never going to directly use nuclear weapons. They aren't that stupid.

They will sell/give them to some murdering fanatic and he will do their dirty work for them.

Obviously you weren't around in 1962, but you can read all about it - Cuban Missile Crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It may put things in perspective for you. Just one piece of advice.

Don't panic.

The Pre-9/11 Crowd is incapable of learning.

Let's review: three Kamikaze pilots using US commercial airliners attacked the Pentagon, collapsed the world Trade Center, killed 3,000 people, shut the US Capital Markets down for a week and made all of Manhattan south of City Hall smell like a house on fire and rotting flesh for 2 months.

That's 3 people using only US commercial airliners as a weapon.

Thinking that they need an ICBM as a delivery system will cause us to lose a major city.

Last edited:
On the other hand, Israel probably has cause for concern. Not fear, just concern. Israel is allegedly a nuclear state in the Middle East, the only one in the region I believe. But then the real situation regarding Iran and its nuclear agenda, assuming it has one, isn't at all clear.

thats your problem right there, you read a newsmax article.

All they need to bring us down is a suitcase nuke or explode a nuke over the US (EMP) to shut everything down! As bad as our economy is right now, it wouldn't take much for them to completely SCREW US UP.

This is just too precious for words:

"I read the NewsMax.com article <insert ANYTHING here> and I have come to the conclusion that Obama is even more dangerous than I thought he was."

lol.

Frequently a post on the message board includes either a link, quote, or reference to World Net Daily, or Rupert Murdoch, or Ann Coulter, or some other right-thinker, and rather than admit that the item is dispositive for the thread or question under discussion, too often the folks with the alternate view:

a. refuse to address the issue, because the citation is on the opposite side.
b. resort to an emoticon of laughter, or some sort of sign of disrespect, or the use of ‘lol.’
c. feel that some sort of “there you go again” response, rather than an actual refutation.
d. Attack the referred item with an Ad Hominem jab, pointing to an imagined physical or mental defect, or alter the name in some absurd manner.

What we have here is the kind of defense against opposing ideas that is indolent at best, and intellectually cowardly at worst. Rather than offering alternative or surrogate ideas, the above are faulty because:

a. To refuse to address the issue may mean that one has no faith in the argument of his side, or that the poster is not intellectually equipped to counter same.
b. The emoticon response, akin to ‘talk to the hand,’ is both rude and shows an inability to be articulate, a necessary skill for the board to retain interest.
c. Indicates that one is too lazy to state, or, possibly, re-state a position. But, then, one should say that, or find a succinct way to explain their position.
d. Possibly the most common, the ad hominem, combines both the lack of ability to argue, and contempt for the opponent. This exposes the weakness both in one’s perspective, and one’s upbringing.

My thesis is that using the above methods is the hallmark of a loser.

Post #14 applies.

Post #14 applies.

applies as much to newsmax as it would the weekly world news or the onion, if you want to give that site credibility that is your own ignorance at play.

Post #14 applies.

applies as much to newsmax as it would the weekly world news or the onion, if you want to give that site credibility that is your own ignorance at play.

Document it.

Where is your list of five or six examples that show that your point is valid?

Usually I find that those on the left are so intellectually lazy that they us this gambit, rarely do those on the right refuse to accept a citation.

Seems that that would be you all over.

Forum List

Back