5th anniversary

DeadCanDance

May 29, 2007
Well, we've begun the sixth year of the Bush occupation of iraq. Total cost: over half a trillion dollars and climbing, tens of thousands of dead and wounded americans, hundreds of thousands of dead iraqis.

I've lost track of the reasons given for the war and occupation. WMD, mushroom clouds, non-existent links to al qaeda. Protecting the oil. Preventing a civil war.Keeping iran from taking over. Keeping al qaeda from taking over. Spreading democracy. We'll stand down as they stand up. Surge. Al qaeda wasn't there before bush invaded, but now we have to keep them from taking over.

Well, we've begun the sixth year of the Bush occupation of iraq. Total cost: over half a trillion dollars and climbing, tens of thousands of dead and wounded americans, hundreds of thousands of dead iraqis.

I've lost track of the reasons given for the war and occupation. WMD, mushroom clouds, non-existent links to al qaeda. Protecting the oil. Preventing a civil war.Keeping iran from taking over. Keeping al qaeda from taking over. Spreading democracy. We'll stand down as they stand up. Surge. Al qaeda wasn't there before bush invaded, but now we have to keep them from taking over.

That would be the US occupation of Iraq.

Of course you've lost track of the reasons. Long ago. In favor of your leftwingnut rhetoric. Say something that isn't already a well-established fact.

NeoConservatives and Repubicans who have apologized for foolishly supporting Bush's war in Iraq, and perhaps saved themselves from burning in hell.

William F. Buckley
George Will (sort of)
Andrew Sullivan
Chuck Hagel (sort of)
Francis Fukayama
Johan Hari
Tom Friedman
Joe Klein
Tucker Carlson
Joe Scarborough (sort of)

Of course you've lost track of the reasons. Long ago. In favor of your leftwingnut rhetoric. Say something that isn't already a well-established fact.

Why shouldn't those opposed to this war keep repeating the truth. Every time we look, there is a new reason for the war. That is worth repeating rather than just ignoring like some want to do.

Oh wait I thought you said the Iraq war cost three trillion dollars.....:confused:

Al qaeda wasn't there before bush invaded, but now we have to keep them from taking over.
The next step is to claim that al Qaeda will take over America unless we over-write the Constitution or adopt a permanent police state (in essence, a military coup).

Forum List

Back