56% of Americans favor healthcare reform this year

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
A new USA Today/Gallup poll just out of the field has some interesting data about Americans' opinions on health care reform, as the Congressional debate continues:

The poll of 3,026 adults, surveyed Friday through Sunday, has a margin of error of +/—2 percentage points. Some questions, asked of half the sample, have an error margin of +/—3 points.

By 56%-33%, those surveyed endorse the idea of enacting major health care changes this year. Just one in four say it's not important to them.

USA Today/Gallup Poll: Americans want health care reform | Fired Up! Missouri

Looks like the ones doing all the screaming are just the "useful idiots."
Indeed, totally ignorant of what reform is all about, and kept that way by their representatives in Congress who reap big bucks from the health industry.

Very few people understand the true cost of healthcare because very few people pay that much for their own, either because they are healthy currently and don't need it, or because their employer pays the bulk of their insurance. Only when they lose their job and insurance and/or become ill do they realize the implications of how bad our current system is.

99% of Americans want REFORM. But 99% do not want a NATIONAL TAKEOVER OF OUR HEALTH CARE SYSTEM.

None of us are in love with private health insurance providers, we think they are ruthless, however, the government is even more ruthless than they are. It is a choice between two evils.

The health care system can be reformed, with cost control measures such as tort reform, opening up states to out of state competition, health insurance savings plans, quality of care not quantity, electronic records, etc. This can all be done with limited government involvement, just get rid of some old legislation and pass some new ones. Health care fixed 101.

Everyone likes government healthcare when they turn 65.

:)

But even Medicare requires different supplemental plans, and seniors do pay for it. My parents are 72 and 78, and they pay around $500 per month, so it's still not 100% free, which it shouldn't be, at least to those who can afford to pay something.

But even Medicare requires different supplemental plans, and seniors do pay for it. My parents are 72 and 78, and they pay around $500 per month, so it's still not 100% free, which it shouldn't be, at least to those who can afford to pay something.

No one is advocating "free healthcare." Every system has some sort of co-pay.

Every other industrialized country in the world has a national healthcare system except the United States. Why? Because taking care of the sick is the right thing to do.

Every other industrialized country in the world has a national healthcare system except the United States. Why? Because taking care of the sick is the right thing to do.

And people from every other industrialized country in the world with government health care come to the United states for care.

why?

Do they really or were they all democrats that were polled? Now, I'm not affiliated with any political party and I've joined this thread to discount both parties.

Last edited:

And people from every other industrialized country in the world with government health care come to the United states for care.

why?

No they don't. Only the wealthy do.

We have the best healthcare for the wealthy in the world.

Fuck everyone else.

Aren't you proud?

why?

Fuck everyone else.

Aren't you proud?

I am proud to have the best health care.

yet I am not wealthy

Fuck everyone else.

Aren't you proud?

I am proud to have the best health care.

yet I am not wealthy

Most sock puppets aren't wealthy.

I'm not a sock puppet, you daft ****, but I DO have excellent health coverage, unlike you who has NO health coverage because you're a parasitic shitstain.

why?

Fuck everyone else.

Aren't you proud?

yes i am

and can you prove your claim?

I favor reform...but I'm not sure I favor the current reform proposals

AT 1100 pages, none of which I have read, it would be hard for me to favor something I as yet do not understand.

What I think I know is this: if we do nothing it will go from very bad to very very very bad.

But that doesn't mean that we cannot reform our way into something even worse, too.

I do not understand how the propopsed Obama system will work.

We will have the choice of a government HC insurance option, or keep our own private HC insurance?

Now how on earth is that going to work to solve the problem?

I can't see any mechnanism there that will do anything about keeping prices down.

If anyone understands this proposed system well enough to really explain it to me, I'd appreciate their thoughts on the subject.

Or, if anyone knows of a website that explains it in some detail that would be good, too.

Well, I figure until one or another of the political parties show that they place the value of American citizens over that of business, then maybe I'll think about it. Until then, no on national health care.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back