55 Years Ago Today

I find it so iconic, that 50 years ago, not 55...that speech was given in 1968.....a year that pretty much defined this country and the last century, that here we are again....race relations bad, the country divided and who once again is behind all this shit......white people!! I will never understand a race of human beings so hell fire bent on keeping people of color oppressed and segregated.....IT NEVER WORKS OUT!!

He plagiarized that speech from Archibald Carey. No doubt Dr King was either too drunk or hung over to write his own.

I find it so iconic, that 50 years ago, not 55...that speech was given in 1968.....a year that pretty much defined this country and the last century, that here we are again....race relations bad, the country divided and who once again is behind all this shit......white people!! I will never understand a race of human beings so hell fire bent on keeping people of color oppressed and segregated.....IT NEVER WORKS OUT!!
You think you have the date figured out. That's nice. Too bad you didn't listen to Rev King's speech.

You think you have the date figured out. That's nice. Too bad you didn't listen to Rev King's speech.
Dear, I am a 60 plus year old black woman......trust me, I've heard that speech many many many times, have you?

Dear, I am a 60 plus year old black woman......trust me, I've heard that speech many many many times, have you?
Yep. And I agree with Dr King. That's why I don't say that white people (or black people) are behind "all this shit" the way you do.

Forum List

Back