50,000 new supporters

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Caligirl, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    The Obama campaign is trying to get 50,000 new donors by Friday midnight.

A Peak Under The Obama Campaign’s Hood - Horserace

The link has a video outlining why they want 50,000 new donors. If you've thought about donating but haven't yet, here's your chance. They have matching funds right now (I believe they match from past donors who are willing to match new donors.).

https://donate.barackobama.com/page/content/splashsignupcky/

If you'd like to donate to McCain's campaign the address is:

JohnMcCain.com - McCain-Palin 2008

(the donate button is on the top left.)

I don't know what I think about this. 39,000,000 to campaign aggressively in Florida? Really?? That seems so over the top! I think that it shouldn't cost this much to campaign, on the otehr hand this is a capitalistic society. I just am sort of scratching my head.

I do like goals though. I wonder if they'll announce how close they got to the 50000 mark.

2. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Obama's campaign is entirely grassroots.....1.5 million contributors.

McCain took public money because he knew the Republican lobbyists would kick in the rest.

This campaign really is the people vs Republican special interests.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    oh horseshit----Barbara Streisand is grassroots ? :lol:

4. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Here we go again, tell us all what a great guy Obama is because he lied and opted out of an agreement with the McCain campaign to accept public financing. It's all about change and those middle class people like Babs then I suppose. I'd be happy to post Obama's comments once more on his thoughts about Public financing for you Obama supporters , but hey he changed his mind , its "change" so thats okay.

5. jschuck12001

jschuck12001 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Alright Navy, he changed his mind about taking taxpayer dollars, he is horrible and cannot be trusted now. This gets no play because everyone knows that the Republicans are heavily funded through other means but you insist this is a reason someone should not trust him. Its a petty issue and thats why it gets no play.

6. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    Him flipping on campaign funding was a turnoff for me. In fact I mentioned it earlier today to Willowtree.

I admit to being curious to see if they can get 50,000 new donors.

The video that is at the link is engrossing, too. I wish I knew how to insert it as a you tube, what are the tags?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUAiGbNp8oI]YouTube - David Plouffe's Strategy Update - September 17, 2008[/ame]

7. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    The power is in the hands of the people, and Obama has harnessed the power of the people through the Internet.

If only more people were aware that Republicans are the tools of corporate lobbyists, America would be a better place.

8. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    f I am the Democratic nominee, I will aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election." --Barack Obama,

In February 2007, Barack Obama challenged Republican presidential candidates to agree to public financing of the general election. John McCain responded positively, prompting Obama's campaign spokesman, Bill Burton, to call on other Republican candidates to follow suit. The headline in the New York Times: "McCain and Obama in Deal on Public Financing."

I have been a long-time advocate for public financing of campaigns combined with free television and radio time as a way to reduce the influence of moneyed special interests.... My plan requires both major party candidates to agree on a fundraising truce, return excess money from donors, and stay within the public financing system for the general election....If I am the Democratic nominee, I will aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election.
    Barack Obama

Hey don't blame me jschuck its just another example of *change* as far as i'm concerned. Thats my new mantra, everytime Obama changes his mind it has to be that *change* thing he has been talking about.

9. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,746
    I wouldn't lick McCain's tush too much, Navy. He might be taking public financing, but he's getting around it buy allowing the RNC to pay for his ads. So all that money that would have gone to him is instead going to the RNC and being spent on McCain.

Straight talker, my ass.

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Neither one of these assholes impresses me by the way they are financing their way to the top. Once they get there all bets are off.