5 Ridiculous Things You Probably Believe About Islam

Here is another interesting fact HG

Columbus’ Muslim captains

Two of Columbus’ captains on the first voyage, in actual fact, were Muslims: Martin Alonso Pinzon was in charge of the Pinta, while his brother Vicente Yanez Pinzon was the designated captain of Nina; both were from the Moroccan Marinid dynasty, descendants of Sultan Abu Zayan Muhammad III (r. 1362-1366). Formerly well-to-do ship riggers, they assisted Columbus in organizing his voyage of exploration, preparing the Santa Maria, the flagship, and covering all its expenses.

Muslaman Times| Columbus? Muslim captains

Interesting, wonder why nobody teaches this to the kids at school.
It was only in recent times that blacks were even included in schools history books.

Such as an estimated 25% of cowboys in the west were black; or there were Buffalo soldiers (blacks) in the frontier cavalry.

So it stands to reason that muslims (mainly blacks) were excluded in the history of America.

I first learned much of this when our Mosque had a seminar and speakers during last years Black History month called "Early Muslims in the Americas".

Believe me there is much more that I haven't addressed about this subject. :cool:

Last edited:
Here is another interesting fact HG

Columbus’ Muslim captains

Two of Columbus’ captains on the first voyage, in actual fact, were Muslims: Martin Alonso Pinzon was in charge of the Pinta, while his brother Vicente Yanez Pinzon was the designated captain of Nina; both were from the Moroccan Marinid dynasty, descendants of Sultan Abu Zayan Muhammad III (r. 1362-1366). Formerly well-to-do ship riggers, they assisted Columbus in organizing his voyage of exploration, preparing the Santa Maria, the flagship, and covering all its expenses.

Muslaman Times| Columbus? Muslim captains

Interesting, wonder why nobody teaches this to the kids at school.
It was only in recent times that blacks were even included in schools history books.

Such as an estimated 25% of cowboys in the west were black; or there were Buffalo soldiers (blacks) in the frontier cavalry.

So it stands to reason that muslims (mainly blacks) were excluded in the history of America.

I first learned mush of this when our Mosque had a seminar and speakers during last years Black History month called "Early Muslims in the Americas".

Believe me there is much more that I haven't addressed about this subject. :cool:

I wouldn't mind reading about that stuff.

5 Ridiculous Things You Probably Believe About Islam | Cracked.com

A conservative commentator recently made headlines by claiming 10 percent of all of the world's Muslims are terrorists. An amazing claim, considering that equals 150 million terrorists and if each were to pull off an attack killing just 40 people, they could exterminate all non-Muslim life on earth.

Either they're not all that dedicated to terrorism, or the claim is utter insanity.

5.) If You're a Muslim Woman, You Have to Wear the Veil

So for instance, in France they have about 3 million Muslim women. French police decided to figure out how many of them wore burqas and/or niqabs and found the number to be ... 367.

4.) Our Founding Fathers Would Never Have Tolerated This Muslim Nonsense!

Thomas Jefferson, for example, taught himself Arabic using his own copy of the Quran and hosted the first White House Iftar during Ramadan.

John Adams hailed the Islamic prophet Muhammad as one of the great "inquirers after truth." Benjamin Rush, who was so Christian he wanted a Bible in every school, also said he would rather see the opinions of Confucius or Mohammad "inculcated upon our youth" than see them grow deprived "of a system of religious principles." Benjamin Franklin once declared: "Even if the Mufti of Constantinople were to send a missionary to preach Mohammedanism to us, he would find a pulpit at his service." Even George fucking Washington personally welcomed Muslims to come work for him at Mount Vernon.

So, why all this Founding Father/Muslim love? Probably because Sultan Mohammed ben Abdallah of Morocco was the first world figure to recognize the independence of the United States of America from Great Britain in 1777. Another reason was that the Founding Fathers were smart enough to distinguish between terrorists and everybody else on the whole damn planet, as demonstrated in the Treaty of Tripoli in 1797. It was in this agreement that the U.S. declared: "The government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian Religion, as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Mussulmen [Moslems]."

This and much more after the jump with plenty of links and humor included.

Thomas Jefferson's Quran

Thomas Jefferson's Quran

Written by Samuel L. Blumenfeld
Wednesday, 01 September 2010 10:39

On Friday, August 13th, President Obama welcomed members of the Muslim community to the White House to celebrate the Islamic holiday of Ramadan with an Iftar banquet — the meal served after the sunrise-to-sunset fast. Ramadan is the ninth month in the Islamic lunar calendar.

In the course of his flattering remarks about the great contributions of Muslims to America, the President mentioned the presence at the banquet of two Muslim members of Congress: Andre Carson, Democrat from Indiana, and Keith Ellison, Democrat from Minnesota, the latter of whom took his oath on Thomas Jefferson’s copy of the Quran, which has been preserved in the Library of Congress.

What the President didn’t mention is why Jefferson bought a Quran in London and why he read it. In preparing for war, he read it to find out what kind of religion the rulers of the Barbary States on the coast of North Africa believed in.

For centuries the Muslim pirates had cruised the Mediterranean Sea, capturing ships and taking prisoners, forcing Christian nations to pay tribute for freedom of passage. To avoid such confrontations, some Christian nations were willing to appease the Islamic enemy by signing treaties requiring them to pay a certain amount of tribute each year. It was a form of extortion that Muslims could impose on frightened Christians.

The pirates also raided coastline villages and took prisoners. The reason why so many Christian Greek coastal villages were built up in the hills was to provide protection against the depredations of the Muslims. Millions of Africans and thousands of Christian Europeans and Americans were enslaved by these raiders, who killed many non-Muslim older men and women and kidnapped young women and children to be sold as concubines. The boys were often mutilated to create eunuchs for use in harems and as servants.

Congressman Keith Ellison, born in Detroit to a Catholic family, was converted at age 19 to Islam while at Wayne State University. In law school, he wrote articles in support of Louis Farrakhan, with whom he is no longer affiliated. He said he chose to use Jefferson’s Quran because it showed that “a visionary like Jefferson” believed that wisdom could be gleaned from many sources. Actually, it wasn’t wisdom that Jefferson gleaned from the Quran, but a realistic understanding of what the United States was up against with the Barbary Pirates.

So says the author of the article, Samuel L. Blumenfeld

Did he personally know Jefferson in order to ask him about this?

Or is he some kind of a historical mind reader?

Basically, the author's last name is a big clue as to his motives in writing the article. :doubt:

Muslims are just as stupid as christians, jews or any other sheep that believe in the man in the sky.

Basically, the author's last name is a big clue as to his motives in writing the article. :doubt:

This is well known about Jefferson, do some research. As a matter of fact, just learn about the history of the time and use commone sense, if you have any.

This is well known about Jefferson, do some research. As a matter of fact, just learn about the history of the time and use commone sense, if you have any.
Jefferson was a friend of muslims.

Morocco, a muslim land, was the First nation to recognize American Independence in 1777.

The Barbary States pirates were only in N. Africa and did not represent all muslims.

You are the one who NEEDS to do some objective research. :cool:

Jefferson was a friend of muslims.

Morocco, a muslim land, was the First nation to recognize American Independence in 1777.

The Barbary States pirates were only in N. Africa and did not represent all muslims.

You are the one who NEEDS to do some objective research. :cool:

I didn't say he wasn't a friend to some based on national recognition, not religious. Is it not that way to this very day? Americans are not enemies of all muslim states. But that doesn't mean that he studied the Koran for the purposes that are implied here either. You're not being very objective yourself in trying to make that claim. Are you denying he would have sought knowledge of the culture to help defeat them in the Barbary wars?

The Founding Fathers and Islam

Readers may be surprised to learn that there may have been hundreds, perhaps thousands, of Muslims in the United States in 1776—imported as slaves from areas of Africa where Islam flourished. Although there is no evidence that the Founders were aware of the religious convictions of their bondsmen, it is clear that the Founding Fathers thought about the relationship of Islam to the new nation and were prepared to make a place for it in the republic.

In his seminal Letter on Toleration (1689), John Locke insisted that Muslims and all others who believed in God be tolerated in England. Campaigning for religious freedom in Virginia, Jefferson followed Locke, his idol, in demanding recognition of the religious rights of the "Mahamdan," the Jew and the "pagan." Supporting Jefferson was his old ally, Richard Henry Lee, who had made a motion in Congress on June 7, 1776, that the American colonies declare independence. "True freedom," Lee asserted, "embraces the Mahomitan and the Gentoo (Hindu) as well as the Christian religion."

In his autobiography, Jefferson recounted with satisfaction that in the struggle to pass his landmark Bill for Establishing Religious Freedom (1786), the Virginia legislature "rejected by a great majority" an effort to limit the bill's scope "in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mahometan."

George Washington suggested a way for Muslims to "obtain proper relief" from a proposed Virginia bill, laying taxes to support Christian worship. On another occasion, the first president declared that he would welcome "Mohometans" to Mount Vernon if they were "good workmen". Officials in Massachusetts were equally insistent that their influential Constitution of 1780 afforded "the most ample liberty of conscience … to Deists, Mahometans, Jews and Christians," a point that Chief Justice Theophilus Parsons resoundingly affirmed in 1810.

The Founding Fathers and Islam (May 2002) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

shortened for space limitations: evil Obama! evil Muslims!

I'm curious. Did Dubya mention any of that ancient history when he celebrated Ramadan at the White House?

:eusa_eh:

WTF does that have to do with anything? :cuckoo: Explain to me how Bush, or any other president, having a celebration of Ramadan somehow makes any point at all? I'm not making any claims about Obama Ravi, so you are once again confusing one conservative with another. I know, it's tough, we're all alike. :eek: :cuckoo:

shortened for space limitations: evil Obama! evil Muslims!

I'm curious. Did Dubya mention any of that ancient history when he celebrated Ramadan at the White House?

WTF does that have to do with anything? :cuckoo: Explain to me how Bush, or any other president, having a celebration of Ramadan somehow makes any point at all? I'm not making any claims about Obama Ravi, so you are once again confusing one conservative with another. I know, it's tough, we're all alike. :eek: :cuckoo:
Oh, my bad...I could have sworn it was you that brought up Obama. :redface:

The Founding Fathers and Islam

Readers may be surprised to learn that there may have been hundreds, perhaps thousands, of Muslims in the United States in 1776—imported as slaves from areas of Africa where Islam flourished. Although there is no evidence that the Founders were aware of the religious convictions of their bondsmen, it is clear that the Founding Fathers thought about the relationship of Islam to the new nation and were prepared to make a place for it in the republic.

In his seminal Letter on Toleration (1689), John Locke insisted that Muslims and all others who believed in God be tolerated in England. Campaigning for religious freedom in Virginia, Jefferson followed Locke, his idol, in demanding recognition of the religious rights of the "Mahamdan," the Jew and the "pagan." Supporting Jefferson was his old ally, Richard Henry Lee, who had made a motion in Congress on June 7, 1776, that the American colonies declare independence. "True freedom," Lee asserted, "embraces the Mahomitan and the Gentoo (Hindu) as well as the Christian religion."

In his autobiography, Jefferson recounted with satisfaction that in the struggle to pass his landmark Bill for Establishing Religious Freedom (1786), the Virginia legislature "rejected by a great majority" an effort to limit the bill's scope "in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mahometan."

George Washington suggested a way for Muslims to "obtain proper relief" from a proposed Virginia bill, laying taxes to support Christian worship. On another occasion, the first president declared that he would welcome "Mohometans" to Mount Vernon if they were "good workmen". Officials in Massachusetts were equally insistent that their influential Constitution of 1780 afforded "the most ample liberty of conscience … to Deists, Mahometans, Jews and Christians," a point that Chief Justice Theophilus Parsons resoundingly affirmed in 1810.

The Founding Fathers and Islam (May 2002) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

What exactly are you trying to prove? It's no different today either, America is a melting pot, always has been, always will be. Is it somehow important to you that the founding fathers had respect for religion, regardless of its origins? I think that was already apparent. It also does not say that this country should accept and condone terrorism done in the name of religion either, or not fight back against it.

Oh, my bad...I could have sworn it was you that brought up Obama. :redface:

Nope, wasn't me. :eusa_whistle:

5 Ridiculous Things You Probably Believe About Islam | Cracked.com

A conservative commentator recently made headlines by claiming 10 percent of all of the world's Muslims are terrorists. An amazing claim, considering that equals 150 million terrorists and if each were to pull off an attack killing just 40 people, they could exterminate all non-Muslim life on earth.

Either they're not all that dedicated to terrorism, or the claim is utter insanity.

4.) Our Founding Fathers Would Never Have Tolerated This Muslim Nonsense!

This and much more after the jump with plenty of links and humor included.

Thomas Jefferson's Quran

Thomas Jefferson's Quran

Written by Samuel L. Blumenfeld
Wednesday, 01 September 2010 10:39

On Friday, August 13th, President Obama welcomed members of the Muslim community to the White House to celebrate the Islamic holiday of Ramadan with an Iftar banquet — the meal served after the sunrise-to-sunset fast. Ramadan is the ninth month in the Islamic lunar calendar.

In the course of his flattering remarks about the great contributions of Muslims to America, the President mentioned the presence at the banquet of two Muslim members of Congress: Andre Carson, Democrat from Indiana, and Keith Ellison, Democrat from Minnesota, the latter of whom took his oath on Thomas Jefferson’s copy of the Quran, which has been preserved in the Library of Congress.
What the President didn’t mention is why Jefferson bought a Quran in London and why he read it. In preparing for war, he read it to find out what kind of religion the rulers of the Barbary States on the coast of North Africa believed in.

For centuries the Muslim pirates had cruised the Mediterranean Sea, capturing ships and taking prisoners, forcing Christian nations to pay tribute for freedom of passage. To avoid such confrontations, some Christian nations were willing to appease the Islamic enemy by signing treaties requiring them to pay a certain amount of tribute each year. It was a form of extortion that Muslims could impose on frightened Christians.

The pirates also raided coastline villages and took prisoners. The reason why so many Christian Greek coastal villages were built up in the hills was to provide protection against the depredations of the Muslims. Millions of Africans and thousands of Christian Europeans and Americans were enslaved by these raiders, who killed many non-Muslim older men and women and kidnapped young women and children to be sold as concubines. The boys were often mutilated to create eunuchs for use in harems and as servants.

Congressman Keith Ellison, born in Detroit to a Catholic family, was converted at age 19 to Islam while at Wayne State University. In law school, he wrote articles in support of Louis Farrakhan, with whom he is no longer affiliated. He said he chose to use Jefferson’s Quran because it showed that “a visionary like Jefferson” believed that wisdom could be gleaned from many sources. Actually, it wasn’t wisdom that Jefferson gleaned from the Quran, but a realistic understanding of what the United States was up against with the Barbary Pirates.

snopes.com: Congressional Swearing-In on the Quran

It seems that Muslims, Mayans, Gays, Arabs....... etc. have the same publicists. Everything on the planet that is worth a shit was invented, discovered, built or created by them all.:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back