5 Ridiculous Things You Probably Believe About Islam

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
5 Ridiculous Things You Probably Believe About Islam | Cracked.com

A conservative commentator recently made headlines by claiming 10 percent of all of the world's Muslims are terrorists. An amazing claim, considering that equals 150 million terrorists and if each were to pull off an attack killing just 40 people, they could exterminate all non-Muslim life on earth.

Either they're not all that dedicated to terrorism, or the claim is utter insanity.

5.) If You're a Muslim Woman, You Have to Wear the Veil

So for instance, in France they have about 3 million Muslim women. French police decided to figure out how many of them wore burqas and/or niqabs and found the number to be ... 367.

4.) Our Founding Fathers Would Never Have Tolerated This Muslim Nonsense!

Thomas Jefferson, for example, taught himself Arabic using his own copy of the Quran and hosted the first White House Iftar during Ramadan.

John Adams hailed the Islamic prophet Muhammad as one of the great "inquirers after truth." Benjamin Rush, who was so Christian he wanted a Bible in every school, also said he would rather see the opinions of Confucius or Mohammad "inculcated upon our youth" than see them grow deprived "of a system of religious principles." Benjamin Franklin once declared: "Even if the Mufti of Constantinople were to send a missionary to preach Mohammedanism to us, he would find a pulpit at his service." Even George fucking Washington personally welcomed Muslims to come work for him at Mount Vernon.

So, why all this Founding Father/Muslim love? Probably because Sultan Mohammed ben Abdallah of Morocco was the first world figure to recognize the independence of the United States of America from Great Britain in 1777. Another reason was that the Founding Fathers were smart enough to distinguish between terrorists and everybody else on the whole damn planet, as demonstrated in the Treaty of Tripoli in 1797. It was in this agreement that the U.S. declared: "The government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian Religion, as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Mussulmen [Moslems]."

This and much more after the jump with plenty of links and humor included.

Sorry bout that,

1. Even a wise man can be wrong at times.
2. I have done it, I know.
3. But islam is nothing but evil that this way comes.
4. And really you don't need to be an Einstien to know this.
5. If you don't think that islam is fundamentally evil, you are pretty much brain dead, in my opinion.
6. And last I checked, I can still have my own opinion.:clap2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

If Islam is so bad then how come 3 Presidents, 2 conservative Republicans, have taken sides with them and sent American soldiers to die for them?

Islam seems batshit insane, until you study Christianity and Judaism.

No. Islam IS insane. And the precepts of Christianity are actually pretty much altruistic and not at all insane. I cannot speak for Judaism, but I don't see them looking upon hospital maternity wards as munition assembly plants.
The core precepts of Christianity and Islam are philosophically identical...I have read both the Koran and the Bible.

They are so identical, in fact, that both have managed to conquer roughly one-third of the world.

---

Sure, Muslims have bombed the occasional hospital, and tried to conquer all of Eurasia. Christians have also tried to conquer all of Eurasia, while conquering Africa and the Americas...while Christian bombs have killed far more civilians in the 20th century than Muslim bombs.

The two religions are so similar, they were destined to be mortal enemies.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

No. Islam IS insane. And the precepts of Christianity are actually pretty much altruistic and not at all insane. I cannot speak for Judaism, but I don't see them looking upon hospital maternity wards as munition assembly plants.
The core precepts of Christianity and Islam are philosophically identical...I have read both the Koran and the Bible.

They are so identical, in fact, that both have managed to conquer roughly one-third of the world.

---

Sure, Muslims have bombed the occasional hospital, and tried to conquer all of Eurasia. Christians have also tried to conquer all of Eurasia, while conquering Africa and the Americas...while Christian bombs have killed far more civilians in the 20th century than Muslim bombs.

1. Nah, islam and Christians are nothing alike, and what do you say makes them similar, or identical?
2. This should be entertaining folks.:clap2:
3. Please stand by.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Muslim slaves...:eusa_think:
There is some truth to that.

It's been estimated that up to 25% of African slaves were muslims.

i call bullmal on this figure.....

really sunni......you are going to say this?
Islam in America During the Slavery Years

Muslims have been part of American history since pre-Columbus times. Indeed, early explorers used maps that were derived from the work of Muslims, with their advanced geographical and navigational information of the time.

Some scholars estimate that 10-20 percent of the slaves brought over from Africa were Muslims. The film "Amistad" alluded to this fact, portraying Muslims aboard this slave vessel trying to perform their prayers, while chained together on deck as they crossed the Atlantic. Personal narratives and histories are harder to find, but some stories have been passed on from reliable sources:

Omar Ibn Said (ca. 1770-1864) was born in the Muslim state of Futa Toro in Western Africa, in present-day Senegal. He was a Muslim scholar and trader who was captured and enslaved. He arrived in South Carolina in 1807, and was sold to James Owen of North Carolina.

Sali-Bul Ali was a slave on a plantation. His owner James Cooper wrote: "He is a strict Mahometan (sic); abstains from spirituous liquors, and keeps various fasts, particularly that of the Ramadan..."

Lamen Kebe was a slave who used to be a school teacher in Africa. He shared information about the texts and teaching methods used in the Islamic schools of his country.

Abdul Rahman Ibrahim Sori spent 40 years in slavery before he returned to Africa to die. He wrote two autobiographies, and signed a charcoal sketch of himself by Henry Inman, which was featured on the cover of "Freedman's Journal" and is on display in the Library of Congress.

Many of the Muslim slaves were encouraged or forced to convert to Christianity. Many of the first-generation slaves retained much of their Muslim identity, but under the harsh slavery conditions this identity was largely lost to later generations.

History of Islam in America - Islam in America During the Slavery Years

Last edited:
There is some truth to that.

It's been estimated that up to 25% of African slaves were muslims.

Muslims have been part of American history since pre-Columbus times. Indeed, early explorers used maps that were derived from the work of Muslims, with their advanced geographical and navigational information of the time.

Some scholars estimate that 10-20 percent of the slaves brought over from Africa were Muslims. The film "Amistad" alluded to this fact, portraying Muslims aboard this slave vessel trying to perform their prayers, while chained together on deck as they crossed the Atlantic. Personal narratives and histories are harder to find, but some stories have been passed on from reliable sources:

Omar Ibn Said (ca. 1770-1864) was born in the Muslim state of Futa Toro in Western Africa, in present-day Senegal. He was a Muslim scholar and trader who was captured and enslaved. He arrived in South Carolina in 1807, and was sold to James Owen of North Carolina.

Sali-Bul Ali was a slave on a plantation. His owner James Cooper wrote: "He is a strict Mahometan (sic); abstains from spirituous liquors, and keeps various fasts, particularly that of the Ramadan..."

Lamen Kebe was a slave who used to be a school teacher in Africa. He shared information about the texts and teaching methods used in the Islamic schools of his country.

Abdul Rahman Ibrahim Sori spent 40 years in slavery before he returned to Africa to die. He wrote two autobiographies, and signed a charcoal sketch of himself by Henry Inman, which was featured on the cover of "Freedman's Journal" and is on display in the Library of Congress.

Many of the Muslim slaves were encouraged or forced to convert to Christianity. Many of the first-generation slaves retained much of their Muslim identity, but under the harsh slavery conditions this identity was largely lost to later generations.

This is very interesting Sunni.

This is very interesting Sunni.

I'm amazed how few people in the black community have ever learned that.

---

Except the US war effort is not done in the name of religion and Bush was not a religious leader. He was a secular leader that was also religious. The Vatican isn't directing this war but Imams are most certainly directing their side.

Never take seriously a post, or an article, that has the word 'probably' in the title. It means 'I have no evidence for this and it's made up bullshit'.

It was written by an idiot, posted by an idiot, and believed by idiots.

Here is another interesting fact HG

Columbus’ Muslim captains

Two of Columbus’ captains on the first voyage, in actual fact, were Muslims: Martin Alonso Pinzon was in charge of the Pinta, while his brother Vicente Yanez Pinzon was the designated captain of Nina; both were from the Moroccan Marinid dynasty, descendants of Sultan Abu Zayan Muhammad III (r. 1362-1366). Formerly well-to-do ship riggers, they assisted Columbus in organizing his voyage of exploration, preparing the Santa Maria, the flagship, and covering all its expenses.

Muslaman Times| Columbus? Muslim captains

Here is another interesting fact HG

Columbus’ Muslim captains

Two of Columbus’ captains on the first voyage, in actual fact, were Muslims: Martin Alonso Pinzon was in charge of the Pinta, while his brother Vicente Yanez Pinzon was the designated captain of Nina; both were from the Moroccan Marinid dynasty, descendants of Sultan Abu Zayan Muhammad III (r. 1362-1366). Formerly well-to-do ship riggers, they assisted Columbus in organizing his voyage of exploration, preparing the Santa Maria, the flagship, and covering all its expenses.

Muslaman Times| Columbus? Muslim captains

Interesting, wonder why nobody teaches this to the kids at school.:doubt:

Forum List

Back