5 Reasons There Are So Few Black Americans In The Republican Party

How is it that the party of Lincoln, a party that led the way in opposing slavery, Jim Crow laws, lynching, the KKK, poll taxes, led the way on integration and voting rights for black Americans, and percentage wise, voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act in greater numbers than Democrats is now only getting about 10% of the black vote?

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was divided more on geographical lines than party lines. Non-Southerners in both parties voted in favor of the bill by a large majority, while the opposite occured (for both parties) in the South. The Southern Democrats were so pissed at Johnson for signing the CRA that over several decades they migrated to the Republican Party - and the Republican Party welcomed them.

Now Congressional Republicans like Ron Paul want to do away with the Civil Rights Act. Yet I can't think of a single Democrat that would do the same. Quite literally, over the past 50 years or so, the parties have switched sides with regard to the issue of civil rights for blacks.
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was divided more on geographical lines than party lines.
Geography has absolutely nothing to do with the hearts or minds of people.
Sure, its just a total coincidence that southerns voters overwhelmingly against the CRA64 and non-southerns voted overwhelmingly for it. Right.

Southerners who joined the Republican Party did so because they were sick of racism and the KKK.
Really? LOL! So Strom Thurmond - who voted AGAINST CRA64 - switched from Democrat to Republican - because he was FOR CRA64? YEah that makes sense! Lord you're a moron.

I love threads like this. I can just sit back and watch all the racists come post about how blacks are lazy and stupid and vote dem because they like free stuff.

Lets set that aside and have you explain why democrats needed to cheat for the students on State exams.........

Dumbfuck......how come Bill Cosby said the same thing?

I believe he is black.

He said the black community promotes stupidity by picking on smart kids in school. It promotes laziness by ignoring deadbeat fathers doing nothing for their kids.

Idiots like you ignore the "flash mob crowds" of black kids raiding local Wal Marts as "fun." Going into stores to rob them with a large crowd through mayhem, what a great culture.

I love threads like this. I can just sit back and watch all the racists come post about how blacks are lazy and stupid and vote dem because they like free stuff.

Keep talking, I'm sure this thread will be moved to race relations eventually.

Lets set that aside and have you explain why democrats needed to cheat for the students on State exams.........

Off topic, and I have no idea what youre complaining about.

Lincoln was a despicable tyrant who wiped his ass on the Constitution. I don't know why anyone would want to be associated with him. When it was formed, the Republican Party was the party of statism, cronyism, subsidies and big government.

The same could be said of almost any President that led us through a major war.

It's certainly true of both Wilson and Roosevelt. It doesn't alter the fact that they are despicable.

I think you probably find a lot of people dispicable, so its not saying much.

Sure I do, and so do you. For instance, you think Republicans are despicable. You also hate Christians, rich people, CEOs, Wall Street, insurance companies and pretty much anyone with a job.

However, when examined objectively, Lincoln, Wilson and FDR are the three biggest scumbags ever to be elected to office. Aspiring dictators love war. That's why they always drag the country into them.

Last edited:
When someone brings up problems afflicting the black community like deadbeat fathers, drugs, crime, laziness, etc.....the response is to talk about the white racists of decades ago.

So what the hell does Alabama hicks have to do with blacks today becoming felons by age 20? Having 2-3 kids from 2-3 fathers by age 20? Dropping out of high school?

The solution is always throw taxpayer money at those people as if they somehow earned our charity for fucking up their lives.

Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another.
A racist is someone that practices racism.
Pointing out the truth, however unflattering, about a race is not arguing or claiming or implying that one race is superior to another, and so doing do isn't racist.
:dunno:
(revised to better convey my thought)

Last edited:
Typical response of a twit.

You have no clue Bill Cosby called out the black community.

I believe he is black.

He said the black community promotes stupidity by picking on smart kids in school. It promotes laziness by ignoring deadbeat fathers doing nothing for their kids.

Idiots like you ignore the "flash mob crowds" of black kids raiding local Wal Marts as "fun." Going into stores to rob them with a large crowd through mayhem, what a great culture.

Keep talking, I'm sure this thread will be moved to race relations eventually.

It's certainly true of both Wilson and Roosevelt. It doesn't alter the fact that they are despicable.

I think you probably find a lot of people dispicable, so its not saying much.

Sure I do, and so do you. For instance, you think Republicans are despicable. You also hate Christians, rich people, CEOs, Wall Street, insurance companies and pretty much anyone with a job.

No I don't. If you hate yourself, that's your problem.

When someone brings up problems afflicting the black community like deadbeat fathers, drugs, crime, laziness, etc.....the response is to talk about the white racists of decades ago.

So what the hell does Alabama hicks have to do with blacks today becoming felons by age 20? Having 2-3 kids from 2-3 fathers by age 20? Dropping out of high school?

The solution is always throw taxpayer money at those people as if they somehow earned our charity for fucking up their lives.

I'm sorry you hate black people.

The racism card is step 1 in their playbook.

You're a racist if you point out Obamination is stupid, black people break the law more than other groups, black people don't play hockey like white people, etc. :eusa_whistle:

In 2016, a black man from Chicago brought up people like Obamination use the "white guilt" strategy because nobody wants to be called a "racist."

Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another.
A racist is someone that practices racism.
Pointing out the truth, however unflattering, about a race is not based on the idea that one race is superior to another, and so doing do isn't racist.
:dunno:

How is it that the party of Lincoln, a party that led the way in opposing slavery, Jim Crow laws, lynching, the KKK, poll taxes, led the way on integration and voting rights for black Americans, and percentage wise, voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act in greater numbers than Democrats is now only getting about 10% of the black vote? Democrats say racism, but any objective observer would quickly discard that explanation given the significant number of popular black Republicans. If even a large percentage of Republicans were racist, certainly Allen West, Herman Cain, Clarence Thomas, Michael Steele, Tim Scott, Mia Love, Condi Rice, Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Star Parker, and Larry Elder couldn't exist, much less be popular with conservatives. Additionally, although Republicans don't support Affirmative Action, very few black Americans actually benefit from it and many are harmed as well.

Let's make sure to credit John Hawkins.

5 Reasons There Are So Few Black Americans In The Republican Party - John Hawkins - [page]

Here he goes again....:eusa_shhh:

Come on say it B...BBB.BBBB.Bi....

I tell it like it is unlike many GOPers because I don't fear your limp dick names for me. I grew up around more black people than you, in addition to hispanics, whites, asians, etc and have friends of all colors and both parties. I will call it like I see it from my 40+ years on this planet living here and overseas.

When black people on average continue to vote for Democraps because they like the handouts, then I will say it. Many of my so-called educated black friends like Obamination because he is black and they feel he is going to help poor black people with "stuff" they are owed because of the bad past of this country.

I'm sorry you hate black people.

Last edited:
How come Republicans always forget the part about when the conservatives moved from the Democratic party to the Republican party and the liberals moved from the Republican Party to the Democratic Party in the middle 60's? It explains so much.

No one believes the Republican Party of today would be against slavery. Especially since the GOP in Ohio have admitted they are practicing voter suppression and targeting blacks.

I believe he is black.

*holds gun sideways* Gimme those huge, bright shoes with the NBA logo all over them now, punk!

How is it that the party of Lincoln, a party that led the way in opposing slavery, Jim Crow laws, lynching, the KKK, poll taxes, led the way on integration and voting rights for black Americans, and percentage wise, voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act in greater numbers than Democrats is now only getting about 10% of the black vote? Democrats say racism, but any objective observer would quickly discard that explanation given the significant number of popular black Republicans. If even a large percentage of Republicans were racist, certainly Allen West, Herman Cain, Clarence Thomas, Michael Steele, Tim Scott, Mia Love, Condi Rice, Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Star Parker, and Larry Elder couldn't exist, much less be popular with conservatives. Additionally, although Republicans don't support Affirmative Action, very few black Americans actually benefit from it and many are harmed as well.

5 Reasons There Are So Few Black Americans In The Republican Party - John Hawkins - [page]

Whoops! I forgot to include the link.

How come Republicans always forget the part about when the conservatives moved from the Democratic party to the Republican party and the liberals moved from the Republican Party to the Democratic Party in the middle 60's? It explains so much.

No one believes the Republican Party of today would be against slavery. Especially since the GOP in Ohio have admitted they are practicing voter suppression and targeting blacks.

Liberal Democrats have always been racists. Wilson is the president who reintroduced segregation into the army, and he was a big proponent of eugenics and sterilizing black people.

The opening post was so well written I knew bripat could not possibly have written it. :lol:

Thanks for the link.

Forum List

Back