5 Big Reasons New Grads are Failing the Job Search

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
You should pass this on to all recent graduates you know from https://www.managingamericans.com/blogFeed/5-Big-Reasons-New-Grads-are-Failing-the-Job-Search.htm

By Lea McLeod, M.A. , Founder & CEO, Degrees of Transition

“I've been sending out my resume for months and not hearing anything back.”

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had a recent grad call with, literally, that exact same statement. It’s practically epidemic. But it’s an important statement because its simplicity and honesty belies the vast complexity of situations that created it.

Although a poor resume is one reason new grads are failing in the job search, it’s a symptom of bigger issues. At last count, something like 53% of new grads under the age of 25 are unemployed or underemployed. The word we’re using for this now is “malemployment.”

and then = Where Are Companies Hiring? Located @ Where Businesses Are Hiring | Small Biz Daily

Thanks to BizSugar blog

And also read this @ The minimum-wage college grad | Human Events

You should pass this on to all recent graduates you know from https://www.managingamericans.com/blogFeed/5-Big-Reasons-New-Grads-are-Failing-the-Job-Search.htm

By Lea McLeod, M.A. , Founder & CEO, Degrees of Transition

“I've been sending out my resume for months and not hearing anything back.”

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had a recent grad call with, literally, that exact same statement. It’s practically epidemic. But it’s an important statement because its simplicity and honesty belies the vast complexity of situations that created it.

Although a poor resume is one reason new grads are failing in the job search, it’s a symptom of bigger issues. At last count, something like 53% of new grads under the age of 25 are unemployed or underemployed. The word we’re using for this now is “malemployment.”

and then = Where Are Companies Hiring? Located @ Where Businesses Are Hiring | Small Biz Daily

Thanks to BizSugar blog

And also read this @ The minimum-wage college grad | Human Events

One thing that is being seen is oversaturation in certain degree areas such as marketing/fianace/business in general. Also you have people getting degrees in academically specific fields (-insert name here-studies) with maybe a few hundred job openings a year.

You really dont hear about engineers/accountants/comp sci majors having issues finding jobs, but of course those degrees are "hard." and dont attract the party hearty crowd in colleges.

Of course we're all happy that some majors can still find work.

Until, of course, those majors become clogged with talent, and then guess what?

There will be a glut of those, too.

Of course we're all happy that some majors can still find work.

Until, of course, those majors become clogged with talent, and then guess what?

There will be a glut of those, too.

Some of those majors will never really have a glut, because to do that they would have to double or treble in the number of yearly applicants.

Accounting and Engineering require you to attend your classes, and limit your drinking (not end your drinking, trust me Engineering students drink we just concentrate it into less days) something modern college students don't seem to want to do.

We are importing 10's of thousands of engineers into this country every year.

Because they expect someone else to give them work instead of creating it themselves. They've been lied to about how life works.

Forum List

Back