$5 a gallon oil in 2012

Why no refineries, simple, the Liberal/Marxist will not allow it. Bush was never about the USA, what did Bush do other than where a "R" on his lapel.

Insurance, wonder what that costs, with all the Lawyers involved.

They build refineries on ships these days to avoid any countries laws and regulations that strangle the industry.

Hey, if Ship Refineries are the future, it is what it is. There may be some good in that.

Jiggs the expert, what a tired joke. Given the Gulf of Mexico is supplying over 30% of our oil and we are not producing the oil at half its potential there is enough proven reserves to keep pumping hundreds of years. Since drilling in the Gulf has begun its continually expanded.

30%???? Link please.

Half its potential??? Link please.

If energy prices increase 40% in the next year or two (as predicted) this economy is totally hosed, folks.

That will do good things for the Republican bid for the oval office, though.

Then, assuming that the rapidly rising price wasn't contrived precisely to get O out of office,i.e., if that price continues at $5 range, the Republicans can enjoy running the nation during its continued decline into national bankruptsy.

What fun, eh?

None on the right want to talk about that Care.
They will just reply BOOOOSH.

As I recall he pulled back on that really quickly after oil companies talked with him.

Would that recollection also be how you put a new refinery in WY?

Hey, if OBAMA want to donate a defunct military installation to build a fucking refinery, then what's holding him back?

I hope you keep making every fucking issue on the planet a Bush Conspiracy. It will play very well into the Romney 2012 Presidential Run.

Oil Companies are heavily investing profits in alternative fuels, not building refineries which will be largely obsolete once their payout period is over.

If energy prices increase 40% in the next year or two (as predicted) this economy is totally hosed, folks.

That will do good things for the Republican bid for the oval office, though.

Then, assuming that the rapidly rising price wasn't contrived precisely to get O out of office,i.e., if that price continues at $5 range, the Republicans can enjoy running the nation during its continued decline into national bankruptsy.

What fun, eh?

If FDR could enjoy it, then why shouldn't a Repub?

Last edited:
also, president bush offered up our closed military bases in 2005 for new refineries to avoid the NIMB Yarders, but STILL none built.....

Defense.gov News Article: Bush Proposes Oil Refineries on Closed Military Bases
that doesnt prove a damn thing

Booosh!

LMAO

I told ya they did not want to talk about it. But of course they did not really support Booosh either.
:D

I'll talk about it: Why hasn't Obama offered a military base to build a refinery?

idjot

i think president bush's effort to get around those who did not want a refinery in their back yard, was an excellent idea....

but from what i can see so far, the refineries DID NOT take him up on it since he offered it in 2005.

so, logic comes in to play....the refineries have nothing to GAIN by adding refineries.

i think president bush's effort to get around those who did not want a refinery in their back yard, was an excellent idea....

but from what i can see so far, the refineries DID NOT take him up on it since he offered it in 2005.

so, logic comes in to play....the refineries have nothing to GAIN by adding refineries.

"refineries ...adding refineries?"

What is that supposed to mean?

Is there a law against anyone except ExxonMobil, et al building a refinery?

No.

In fact, there are laws preventing the collusion of existing refiners against anyone wanting to enter the market.

You Bush Conspiracy Theorists need to post in the Conspiracy Forum, along with the "Peak Oilist Doomsdayers, Alien Abduction Crazies, and Elvis Sighters.

No.

In fact, there are laws preventing the collusion of existing refiners against anyone wanting to enter the market.

You Bush Conspiracy Theorists need to post in the Conspiracy Forum, along with the "Peak Oilist Doomsdayers, Alien Abduction Crazies, and Elvis Sighters.

Excuse me? I have nothing bad to say about president Bush regarding this measure of his.....I believe it is a good idea!

The refineries have nothing to gain by adding more refineries because it will bring their profit margin DOWN....the more refineries, the lower the cost of gasoline....keeping refineries limited, keeps the price of gasoline higher.... supply and demand theory....increased supply, lowers the cost of any product....limited supply, keeps prices higher.

No.

Excuse me? I have nothing bad to say about president Bush regarding this measure of his.....I believe it is a good idea!

The refineries have nothing to gain by adding more refineries because it will bring their profit margin DOWN....the more refineries, the lower the cost of gasoline....keeping refineries limited, keeps the price of gasoline higher.... supply and demand theory....increased supply, lowers the cost of any product....limited supply, keeps prices higher.

Excuse ME, but "refineries" is not an entity.

Let's try to put it this way: Shoe Manufactures have nothing to gain by building another Shoe Factory, so they are driving up the price of shoes, and raking in higher and higher profits......

Why doesn't someone, Care4All Industries, which, let's say, manufactures Octopron Novelty Products, build a shoe factory?

No.

Let's try to put it this way: Shoe Manufactures have nothing to gain by building another Shoe Factory, so they are driving up the price of shoes, and raking in higher and higher profits......

Why doesn't someone, Care4All Industries, which, let's say, manufactures Octopron Novelty Products, build a shoe factory?

expound on that please.... :)

Are you saying existing refineries prevent new refineries from springing up, or laws on the books prevent new refineries from forming? And what does this have to do with the existing refineries not expanding their own refineries?

No.

Octopron Vibrating Edible Sex Shoe toy's, 8 to a pack? :lol:

also, president bush offered up our closed military bases in 2005 for new refineries to avoid the NIMB Yarders, but STILL none built.....

Defense.gov News Article: Bush Proposes Oil Refineries on Closed Military Bases
that doesnt prove a damn thing

Booosh!

LMAO

I told ya they did not want to talk about it. But of course they did not really support Booosh either.
:D
buillshit
that doesnt prove what was claimed and i dont give a fuck about bush

but you have not posted any PROOF that the refineries were what stopped it
your link was only to the OFFER and had nothing about what happened AFTER that

Are you saying existing refineries prevent new refineries from springing up, or laws on the books prevent new refineries from forming? And what does this have to do with the existing refineries not expanding their own refineries?
no, that is actually what YOU are claiming, he is saying the exact opposite

The lack of refiners is overblown. There hasn't been a new refinery in this country in what, 40 years? Yet, refining capacity in this country has consistently grown as refiners have upgraded their facilities over the years.

Refining has historically been a horrible business. They made a lot of money for about five years earlier in the decade but the industry as a whole did not earn its cost of capital for decades.

:eusa_eh:

No YOU are saying "refineries have nothing to gain by adding more refineries because it will bring their profit margin DOWN."

I AM saying that there isn't enough profitability in oil refining to justify ANY new refining capacity.

Forum List

Back