Zone1 4th of July vs Juneteenth

Nonsense, African tribes enslaved other tribes and sold slaves all around the world. The American indians also enslaved other tribes. Today, China enslaves the Uyghurs. Slavery was not relegated to America only however, America recognized the immorality of it and did something to curb its practice.
Since the subject was Juneteenth, I was referring to slavery in the USA, not slavery in other countries.

They weren't willing to die to keep blacks enslaved. They were willing to die to create a new country that was not under the economic boot of the north. Slavery was not the only issue.
SLAVERY was the most important issue. The economic foundation of the South rested on the enslavement of Africans.
Every single state Constitution of the Confederacy mentions slavery. The slaves were worth BILLIONS of dollars---more than the banks, railroads and businesses combined.
Yes, they were willing to die to keep slavery. It just didn't go as they planned.

Me personally, am a person of habit, I will always celebrate the 4th of July.

I don't know enough about Juneteeth.

But that's me.

Most Confederates didn't own a single slave. They believed they were fighting for the independence of their states from what they had been convinced was a rapacious Northern dominated federal government.
Even the southern Whites who didn't own slaves still supported the system of slavery. It's kinda sad, but they were so invested in White Supremacy that they couldn't see slavery hurt them in an indirect way.
As long as the rich Whites had slaves, they were able to depress the wages of poor Whites. And guess who went to fight the Civil War so the rich Whites could keep their slaves?
You guessed it---poor Whites.

You sure did. Lynching. Jim Crow. Burning of churches and homes.
I could go on, but you get the picture.
SLAVERY wasn't the end of suffering for African-Americans.
That wasn't slavery it was discrimination championed by the Democrat Party who were sore because we took away their slaves. Today that same party supports discrimination based on skin color. They will never change. Hell, Democrats had a Klu Klux Klan wizard in their party IN CONGRESS!!! Until he finally assumed room temperature. Then they eulogized the human debris as some kind of 'born again' anti discrimination hero.

Last edited:
That wasn't slavery it was discrimination championed by the Democrat Party who were sore because we took away their slaves. Today that same party supports discrimination based on skin color. They will never change. Hell, Democrats had a Klu Klux Klan wizard in their party IN CONGRESS!!! Until he finally assumed room temperature. Then they eulogized the human debris as some kind of 'born again' anti discrimination hero.
Jim Crow was a continuation of slavery

While they were forced to abandon slavery, they refused to abandon the second class citizenry of blacks. This was codified in both the law and social constructs

It was enforced by jail, denial of employment, beatings, bombings and lynching

The slaves would not have been liberated without the Civil War
That is true but the war was not about slavery, it was about the in balance of the economy between the northern states and southern states. The freeing of the slaves was secondary. I learned that way back in high school by a very liberal forward thinking teacher.

No "we" didn't. The United States did not fight to end slavery. The United States fought to put the union back together. The Confederacy was a separate nation and they fought for the preservation of slavery. Since the confederacy lost, the United States could set the terms, so slavery ending was one of them. Again, the confederacy was an entirely different country so trying to attach them to any American political party is inaccurate.
So, the now-defunct Confederacy owes you reparations, not the U.S.

Communist excuse for wealth redistribution....DESTROYED!!!

Me personally, am a person of habit, I will always celebrate the 4th of July.

I don't know enough about Juneteeth.

But that's me.
h9j35p4bis791.png

Forum List

Back