$400 bucks for a putter? Whaaaaaaaat?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I gave my old set of clubs to my son's roommate so they could play together and I tossed in my putter thinking it was time to upgrade. Besides it doesn't work anymore, all the birdies are used up. I went to the PGA Superstore which is really cool BTW and sampled a few putters. Yikes! The prices ranged from 150 to 400 dollars! I could get whatever I wanted but there seems to be something fundamentally wrong with that pricing. Have any of you golfers bought an expensive putter lately, and if so are they worth it?

Meanwhile the best disc golf putters are $15-$20. Course fees are usually by donation

41O2529XBtL._SY355_.jpg

I own golf clubs and firearms.

And a putter price at $400 is bargain at some of the prices for guns.

Sure you do. You're POTUS too I bet. To answer the OP I have a very old hickory shafted putter that I have been using for 50 years now. Still has lots of birdies in store.

A buddy of mine has one of those new fangled clubs and he still sucks at putting. Good long game but his short game is a mess.

And no fakey..there are loads of guns available for less than 400 bucks. Brand new even.

I watch the local church softball teams play in the local park. These guys, from 20 to 50 years old will pay $500.00 for an aluminum bat to play slow pitch softball.

I gave my old set of clubs to my son's roommate so they could play together and I tossed in my putter thinking it was time to upgrade. Besides it doesn't work anymore, all the birdies are used up. I went to the PGA Superstore which is really cool BTW and sampled a few putters. Yikes! The prices ranged from 150 to 400 dollars! I could get whatever I wanted but there seems to be something fundamentally wrong with that pricing. Have any of you golfers bought an expensive putter lately, and if so are they worth it?
I bought a putter called the Cure. It retails for 260 and I bought it at 2nd Swing for 70. Supposedly in had a mark on it. But I didn't see it.
New & Used Golf Equipment | 2nd Swing Golf

Last edited:

I watch the local church softball teams play in the local park. These guys, from 20 to 50 years old will pay $500.00 for an aluminum bat to play slow pitch softball.
I shudder to think how much I spent on my kid's aluminum bats during his club ball hig

It's like that commercial "Cost of an aluminum bat 500, hitting a home run you can brag about....priceless.

I bought a putter called the Cure. It retails for 260 and I bought it at 2nd Swing for 70. Supposedly in had a mark on it. But I didn't see it.
New & Used Golf Equipment | 2nd Swing Golf
That's what I'm thinking, already seeing what's on ebay used.

Sure you do. You're POTUS too I bet. To answer the OP I have a very old hickory shafted putter that I have been using for 50 years now. Still has lots of birdies in store. A buddy of mine has one of those new fangled clubs and he still sucks at putting. Good long game but his short game is a mess. And no fakey..there are loads of guns available for less than 400 bucks. Brand new even.
You reek of emotion, as usual. Some of my guns would be a steal at $400. And, yes, a putter, a good one, can cost that much. Are you just whining that you can't afford a good putter or gun? :lol:

Sure you do. You're POTUS too I bet. To answer the OP I have a very old hickory shafted putter that I have been using for 50 years now. Still has lots of birdies in store. A buddy of mine has one of those new fangled clubs and he still sucks at putting. Good long game but his short game is a mess. And no fakey..there are loads of guns available for less than 400 bucks. Brand new even.
You reek of emotion, as usual. Some of my guns would be a steal at $400. And, yes, a putter, a good one, can cost that much. Are you just whining that you can't afford a good putter or gun? :lol:

No fakey, I am merely remarking that you constantly lie about owning guns in a vain attempt to convince people you're a repub.

Any one with a brain knows clubs are expensive and your claim to own lots of expensive guns is simply not believable in light of the fact that you don't know a damned thing about them.

No fakey, I am merely remarking that you constantly lie about owning guns in a vain attempt to convince people you're a repub.Any one with a brain knows clubs are expensive and your claim to own lots of expensive guns is simply not believable in light of the fact that you don't know a damned thing about them.
Yes, mini-wall, you continually lie about me because you have nothing of worth personally, and I have no trouble turning your nonsense in out. You really need to think and stop emoting when discussing matters. We could have a real discussion instead of you symbolically crapping in the corner and shouting. Yes, putters are expensive, and, yes, I do own weapons, some of great expense. That you are envious is your problem. :lol:

new golf clubs won't cure a crappy swing jake.

Forum List

Back