4 Border Patrol fed agents shot 14 miles offshore in PR

The U.S. Territorial Waters extend 12-Miles Out for the Conservatively Impaired. 13-Miles is outside U.S. Waters. One mile over is still one mile over.
Oh look:

CBP also may conduct warrantless inspections and searches at or near the border to enforce federal
immigration laws. Under INA provisions and DHS regulations, an immigration officer may inspect (e.g.,
examine passports) all persons entering the United States, potentially search aliens who appear to be
inadmissible, and collect aliens’ biometric data. Under
INA § 287(a)(3) and DHS regulations, certain
designated officers (e.g., Border Patrol agents) may board “any vessel, railway car, aircraft, conveyance,

or vehicle
” mostly within an area of 100 air miles from a U.S. external boundary to search for
unlawfully present aliens. The statute also authorizes designated officers “to have access to private lands,”
but not “dwellings” (including, in some jurisdictions, a home’s backyard and crawlspace) within 25 miles
from a U.S. external boundary for “patrolling the border” to prevent the unlawful entry of aliens.
CBP’s inspection and search powers are subject to Fourth Amendment constraints, but the degree of those
limits may turn on whether the search occurred at the border or further into the interior of the United
States.

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/LSB/LSB10559

4 CBP agents were shot during an offshore intervention by boat. 14 miles off the coast of Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico. Locals say one of the officers is dead, but is not reported yet.

U.S. Federal Agents Wounded in Firefight Off Coast of Puerto Rico

At approximately 0809 EST, reports began to emerge of several people killed and wounded during a firefight with drug traffickers fourteen miles off the coast of Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico. It has now been confirmed that four U.S. Customs and Border Protection Officers are being transported to the Trauma Center at the Río Piedras Medical Center via helicopter.

There have also been two confirmed deaths from the incident, although it is not clear if those are the traffickers or federal agents. AS of writing this post, at least one trafficker has also been transported via helicopter to the trauma center.

The agents involved are reportedly members of the Customs anf Border Patrol Air and Marine Operations branch. AMO employs over 1,200 Federal Agents and Officers at 70 locations, operating more than 260 aircraft of 26 different types, and approximately 300 maritime vessels. It is one of the major operational components within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, along with the Office of Field Operations (OFO) and United States Border Patrol (USBP).

I guess the cartels really wanted that load.....Time to start shooting the things in the boats, not just the engines.
I'd be just fine with "Gosh we were aiming at the engines, guess we missed."

Why the blue fuck this old-ass thread was moved by some question mark to immigration/illegal immigration I can't say. :dunno:

It's about a gun battle with drug runners off a US Territory not illegal immigration.

The U.S. Territorial Waters extend 12-Miles Out for the Conservatively Impaired. 13-Miles is outside U.S. Waters. One mile over is still one mile over.
Which way was the cartel boat headed ? I know for a fact Iowa state troopers can cross the Nebraska border if they are in pursuit of an alleged criminal evading pursuit. They're called Hot Pursuit Investigations " and they're allowed. There is no one to offend in the open seas. Your argument is illogical.

Why the blue fuck this old-ass thread was moved by some question mark to immigration/illegal immigration I can't say. :dunno:

It's about a gun battle with drug runners off a US Territory not illegal immigration.
Who's to say they weren't also into smuggling undocumented immigrants into the country too. Do we ever know the whole story anymore.

Which way was the cartel boat headed ? I know for a fact Iowa state troopers can cross the Nebraska border if they are in pursuit of an alleged criminal evading pursuit. They're called Hot Pursuit Investigations " and they're allowed. There is no one to offend in the open seas. Your argument is illogical.

Hot Pursuits across state line are granted when the pursuit is an emergency. California, Nevada, Arizona and Oregon have same arrangement but the state in which pursuit is being must grant permission to cross state lines.

The direction of boat is not relevant. It was outside of of U.S. Waters. Unless there was proof of a threat of Imminent Danger, international law applies. No pursuit outside of your countries waters.

Dude, you make this so easy.............we are talking about US CBP agents interdicting drug smugglers.

Under INA § 287(a)(3) and DHS regulations, certain
designated officers (e.g., Border Patrol agents) may board “any vessel, railway car, aircraft, conveyance,

or vehicle” mostly within an area of 100 air miles from a U.S.external boundary” to search for
unlawfully present aliens.

Forum List

Back