3 Teens invade home. Shot dead with ar15

Why dont you shut the fuck up. You people ALWAYS side with the criminals. They broke into a house and brought weapons with them you fucking kunt. They were there to hurt people and now they will never hurt anyone again.
You apparently don't get my sarcasm....It's higher level humor...that's probably the issue.
Are you retarded? You can't make a 1 word post and expect people to see sarcasm in it. Besides, you're one of the shit heads around here that feel sorry for criminals when they get shot. I don't believe you were being sarcastic
Interesting how my reply to you was "disappeared".....surely you don't have a problem with my "more than one word" explanations, do you?

I have a sign on my door and it reads as follows:

Gun owner lives here, I suggest you find a job!!
i dont have a sign on mine. I want someone to try and invade my home.
20 years ACE and not one invasion!!!
I shot at a white guy trying to break into my car but other than that no issues. Probably my pitbulls deter anyone as a first line of defense.

You're lucky you didn't kill the guy. In every jurisdiction, the use of deadly force is only allowed when - at the time such force is used – a person reasonable believes that it is necessary to avoid death or serious bodily injury to himself or an innocent third party. If you had killed the man your only hope would have been for jury nullification. Had you been prosecuted for killing the man and had the jury followed the judge's instructions you would be doing some serious prison time. Additionally, the family members of the deceased would have sued you civilly and you would have no defense.

A personal note to everyone on USMB: Never shoot at a person unless you have a reasonable fear of death or serious bodily injury. If you do, be ready to face the consequences. Shooting someone who is trying to break into you car will get you a stiff prison sentence unless you are in the car at the time.

I have a JD (Juris Doctorate) and know what I am talking about. However, if you have any doubt about what I say at least check it out. You should intuitively know that taking a man's life is as serious as it gets and if you do not have a legitimate, lawful, reason you are in deep trouble. You should at least question whether it is right to take a man's life just to protect personal property. You need to know when deadly force is allowed and when it is not. When you kill a man your personal sense of justice is immaterial. The only thing that matter is the law.
At the time I was so enraged I was trying to do just that. I wish I had a rifle. He was moving too fast and too far away for a good shot with my 9mm.

Teens killed in Broken Arrow home invasion identified

Now I feel kind of bad when I see their pictures. Just some dumb ass kids.

13494473_G.jpg

they broke into a house with two people at home....darwin's theory

If there was better gun control, home invasions are better than simply burglary. YOu can terrorize and torture the inhabitants to tell you were the best loot is.

THat's the world you libs want.

AR-15? Bleh. I wouldn't trust my life with something so unreliable.

AK's only for me!

ak47_PNG15453.png
I've never actually even seen either an AR or an AK but based on what I've read, heard about and seen in videos my preference is for the AK-47. For one thing it doesn't seem as delicate as the AR-15, it is far more reliable -- and I like the wood trim.

The AK has a LOT more recoil, making it harder to aim and it is as heavy as pure lead.

I shot at a white guy trying to break into my car but other than that no issues. Probably my pitbulls deter anyone as a first line of defense.
Did sparks fly off objects when they were struck, like in the movies?
I dont recall seeing any sparks. Put some holes in his trunk though.

You really should have used a shotgun, thats kind of reckless shooting at someone on the street when one of your bullets can ricochet off and hit someone else.

Not if you hit the target!

You're lucky you didn't kill the guy. In every jurisdiction, the use of deadly force is only allowed when - at the time such force is used – a person reasonable believes that it is necessary to avoid death or serious bodily injury to himself or an innocent third party. If you had killed the man your only hope would have been for jury nullification. Had you been prosecuted for killing the man and had the jury followed the judge's instructions you would be doing some serious prison time. Additionally, the family members of the deceased would have sued you civilly and you would have no defense.

A personal note to everyone on USMB: Never shoot at a person unless you have a reasonable fear of death or serious bodily injury. If you do, be ready to face the consequences. Shooting someone who is trying to break into you car will get you a stiff prison sentence unless you are in the car at the time.

I have a JD (Juris Doctorate) and know what I am talking about. However, if you have any doubt about what I say at least check it out. You should intuitively know that taking a man's life is as serious as it gets and if you do not have a legitimate, lawful, reason you are in deep trouble. You should at least question whether it is right to take a man's life just to protect personal property. You need to know when deadly force is allowed and when it is not. When you kill a man your personal sense of justice is immaterial. The only thing that matter is the law.

You should sue your law school for malpractice. You apparently don't know the laws.

You should sue your law school for malpractice. You apparently don't know the laws.
He is right. I have a sheriff that lives right across the street from me and he said exactly the same thing.

AK's only for me!
Recoil and weight doesn't bother me in the least. I toted an M-1 Garand for four years in the Marine Corps. That marvelous rifle kicks like a mule and it weighs 9.5 pounds empty. But whatever you hit with it is going down.

I'll post a second recommendation from my late father who carried an M-1 throughout the Pacific campaign in WW-II and said he owes his life to it.

Last edited:
AK's only for me!
Recoil and weight doesn't bother me in the least. I toted an M-1 Garand for four years in the Marine Corps. That marvelous rifle kicks like a mule and it weighs 9.5 pounds empty. But whatever you hit with it is going down.

I'll post a second recommendation from my late father who carried an M-1 throughout the Pacific campaign in WW-II and said he owes his life to it.

If that is the case, you are probably a pretty poor marksman.:D

AK's only for me!

If that is the case, you are probably a pretty poor marksman.:D
You wouldn't want to bet your life on it.

I have a JD (Juris Doctorate) and I know the law well. My law school (University of Florida) has had many distinguished graduates and I passed the Bar on my first attempt so they must be doing something right. You do not know the law and you believe that it is lawful to shoot a man who is trying to break into your unoccupied vehicle. You are wrong, dangerously wrong. I will not ask you to cite a source to support your claim because I know there are no legitimate sources that agree with you I have written over a dozen legal articles on USMB and generally have cited sources. I didn't do it this time because it is easy for anyone to verify what I said. You could check with anyone in law enforcement and they will tell you the same thing.

Conclusion: There is no legitimate basis for your criticism. I strongly suggest that you know exactly what the laws says before you try to kill a man. I know the law and if you kill a man to keep him from breaking into your unoccupied vehicle you will do serious prison time. The laws of some states allow a person to use reasonably force to protect personal property or recover stolen property but these laws specifically forbid the use of deadly force.

I have done my best to inform you and the rest is up to you. You can have the last word. I'm outta here.

I have a JD (Juris Doctorate) and I know the law well. My law school (University of Florida) has had many distinguished graduates and I passed the Bar on my first attempt so they must be doing something right. You do not know the law and you believe that it is lawful to shoot a man who is trying to break into your unoccupied vehicle. You are wrong, dangerously wrong. I will not ask you to cite a source to support your claim because I know there are no legitimate sources that agree with you I have written over a dozen legal articles on USMB and generally have cited sources. I didn't do it this time because it is easy for anyone to verify what I said. You could check with anyone in law enforcement and they will tell you the same thing.

Conclusion: There is no legitimate basis for your criticism. I strongly suggest that you know exactly what the laws says before you try to kill a man. I know the law and if you kill a man to keep him from breaking into your unoccupied vehicle you will do serious prison time. The laws of some states allow a person to use reasonably force to protect personal property or recover stolen property but these laws specifically forbid the use of deadly force.

I have done my best to inform you and the rest is up to you. You can have the last word. I'm outta here.

I'm glad you have a doctorate, but just like a good mechanic, a good prof will admit they don't know every law in every state. Just like a good mechanic would never say he knows everything about every machine on the planet.

Louisiana, as I happen to know because I live here, considers a vehicle an extension of the home. Just like you can shoot to kill someone breaking into your home, you can shoot to kill someone breaking into your car.

Mr Professor, I highly advise you look up Louisiana's stand your ground and castle doctrines. Maybe you'll learn something.

Understanding Louisiana's Stand-Your-Ground and Castle Laws

Long before Louisiana took steps to enact its own stand your ground laws in 2006, it had in place strict "castle laws." These statutes allow any Louisianian to use force, deadly or otherwise, to protect oneself on his or her property, or "castle." The protection is applicable to both one's home and car.

There is absolutely no provision that says that you must be occupying your car on your property in order to use deadly force.

I hate when someone uses some piece of paper given to them by a college or university to claim they know everything. I have multiple college degrees and I'm not stupid enough to use that to shove in peoples faces and think I know everything.

Now take your doctorate and go learn something.

Last edited:
Three for three!!!!!
Holy shit thats rare! The kids either a fantastic shot or the perps were morons.
They were kids and because they made a bad choice, their lives were taken. Lets not rally here, because the kid that shot these boys, will have to live with his choice also. Bottom line is this, in life we have but one path to persue and thats the path to doing what is right...any deviation from that, expect to either live or die for the consequences you chose.

A lot of 'kids' here in Chicago are shooting and killing other kids, including babies that get caught in the crossfire.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I'm glad you have a doctorate, but just like a good mechanic, a good prof will admit they don't know every law in every state. Just like a good mechanic would never say he knows everything about every machine on the planet.

Louisiana, as I happen to know because I live here, considers a vehicle an extension of the home. Just like you can shoot to kill someone breaking into your home, you can shoot to kill someone breaking into your car.

Mr Professor, I highly advise you look up Louisiana's stand your ground and castle doctrines. Maybe you'll learn something.

Understanding Louisiana's Stand-Your-Ground and Castle Laws

Long before Louisiana took steps to enact its own stand your ground laws in 2006, it had in place strict "castle laws." These statutes allow any Louisianian to use force, deadly or otherwise, to protect oneself on his or her property, or "castle." The protection is applicable to both one's home and car.

There is absolutely no provision that says that you must be occupying your car on your property in order to use deadly force.

I hate when someone uses some piece of paper given to them by a college or university to claim they know everything. I have multiple college degrees and I'm not stupid enough to use that to shove in peoples faces and think I know everything.

Now take your doctorate and go learn something.

I do know the laws in every state relative to the use of deadly force including the Castle Doctrine laws in Louisiana. Unfortunately you do not and you erroneously believe you can kill a man who is trying to break into your UNOCCUPIED vehicle. Since you obviously have not read the laws of your state, here they are (highlights are my own):

§20. Justifiable homicide

A. A homicide is justifiable:

(1) When committed in self-defense by one who reasonably believes that he is in imminent danger of losing his life or receiving great bodily harm and that the killing is necessary to save himself from that danger.

(2) When committed for the purpose of preventing a violent or forcible felony involving danger to life or of great bodily harm by one who reasonably believes that such an offense is about to be committed and that such action is necessary for its prevention. The circumstances must be sufficient to excite the fear of a reasonable person that there would be serious danger to his own life or person if he attempted to prevent the felony without the killing.

(3) When committed against a person whom one reasonably believes to be likely to use any unlawful force against a person present in a dwelling or a place of business, or when committed against a person whom one reasonably believes is attempting to use any unlawful force against a person present in a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40), while committing or attempting to commit a burglary or robbery of such dwelling, business, or motor vehicle.

(4)(a) When committed by a person lawfully inside a dwelling, a place of business, or a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40) when the conflict began, against a person who is attempting to make an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, or who has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, and the person committing the homicide reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the entry or to compel the intruder to leave the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle.

(b) The provisions of this Paragraph shall not apply when the person committing the homicide is engaged, at the time of the homicide, in the acquisition of, the distribution of, or possession of, with intent to distribute a controlled dangerous substance in violation of the provisions of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law.

B. For the purposes of this Section, there shall be a presumption that a person lawfully inside a dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle held a reasonable belief that the use of deadly force was necessary to prevent unlawful entry thereto, or to compel an unlawful intruder to leave the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle when the conflict began, if both of the following occur:

Louisiana State Legislature

According to the laws of YOUR state and every other state, one can use deadly force to prevent someone from attempting to enter a dwelling or vehicle only if the person is occupying the dwelling or vehicle at the time.

Damn, you guys think you know the law and haven't even bothered to read it . Everything I said was right; however if anyone believes me wrong all you have to do is present a State statute that contradicts me. Don't even bother trying.

Once again kiddies: If you kill a man who is trying to break into your UNOCCUPIED vehicle, you will be going to prison no matter where you live. Now, I am done with the lot of all you wannabe lawyers.

Last edited:
[...]

[...]
The deliberate use of lethal force in every state is permitted only in defense of the person, not property. If you shoot someone who is breaking into your car you will be justified only if you are inside the car at the time -- or if you are attacked by the offender upon your discovery.

If you believe otherwise you have been misled. If you shoot someone who is breaking into your car while you are not in the car, and if you get away with it, it will be because the police or the jury has chosen to act on a prejudice and ignore the specifics of the Law.

The Professor knows what he's talking about. You don't.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back