3,000 strangers show up to funeral of Vietnam veteran with no family

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Approximately 3,000 strangers came to the funeral of a Vietnam veteran with no surviving family.

On Wednesday, strangers from Florida, Tennessee, and Iowa reportedly drove to a Michigan funeral for 67-year-old Wayne Lee Wilson, who died on May 28. The former truck driver “proudly” served in the military from 1971 to 1977, including during the Vietnam War, according to an obituary from the Brown Funeral Home & Cremation Services.

“He was passionate about helping his fellow wounded veterans and encouraged others to give to the Paralyzed Veterans Association,” read Wilson’s obit. “Mr. Wilson has no surviving relatives.”

The notice stated, “All members of the public are invited to attend to pay their respects for an American hero.”

Drew Mikel, a 20-year-old intern at Brown Funeral Home, wrote a press release about the service for the local newspaper. It landed on Facebook and was shared thousands of times. “I had never written a press release before, but I typed up something and sent it to our local paper,” Mikel tells Yahoo Lifestyle. “We were hoping just a handful of people would show up.”

(Excerpt) Read more at yahoo.com ...

Because this is called patriotism, it is part of what our veterans do.... truly wonder how many were DemonRATS... Just asking!

Because this is called patriotism, it is part of what our veterans do.... truly wonder how many were DemonRATS... Just asking!

probably ZERO

As a veteran, I hope he rests in peace...

It's refreshing to see that his service is appreciated...

I'm sure he rests easy knowing you threw in some partisan horseshit in the last sentence. God bless America.

I'm sure he rests easy knowing you threw in some partisan horseshit in the last sentence. God bless America.
If I remember correctly, the Liberal fruitloops probably spit on him when he came home and stepped off the plane.

Would you care to provide evidence to correct a veteran???

Forum List

Back