2nd AMMENDMENT VIOLATIONS IN NORTH CAROLINA!

JQPublic1

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2012
0badfc3d95c5a7c9c0a4b06aa9685dfa.jpg

Is the 2nd Amendment being trounced on here? For those who think Eric Holder is soft on crime and is an advocate of lawlessness, think again:
Article posted by USA TODAY said:
ELIZABETHTOWN, N.C.–Terrell McCullum did not commit a federal crime by carrying a shotgun and a rifle out of his ex-girlfriend's house.
Terrell McCullum is currently at the Piedmont Regional Jail in Farmville, Va.
Enlarge
Terrell McCullum is currently at the Piedmont Regional Jail in Farmville, Va.
Sponsored Links
But he is serving a federal prison sentence for it. And the fact that everyone — including the U.S.Justice Department— agrees that he is legally innocent might not be enough to set him free.
INTERACTIVE:
The case of Terrell McCullum
A USA TODAY investigation, based on court records and interviews with government officials and attorneys, found more than 60 men who went to prison for violating federal gun possession laws, even though courts have since determined that it was not a federal crime for them to have a gun.
Many of them don't even know they're innocent.
The legal issues underlying their situation are complicated, and are unique to
North Carolina. But the bottom line is that each of them went to prison for breaking a law that makes it a federal crime for convicted felons to possess a gun. The problem is that none of them had criminal records serious enough to make them felons under federal law.
Still, the Justice Department has not attempted to identify the men, has made no effort to notify them, and, in a few cases in which the men have come forward on their own, has argued in court that they should not be released.
Scores of N.C. inmates innocent of gun charges yet still imprisoned USATODAY.com

So you're praising Holder and the DOJ for oppressing people's civil rights? Why am I not surprised?

So you're praising Holder and the DOJ for oppressing people's civil rights? Why am I not surprised?

No, I was just shocked by the DOJ's cavalier attitude towards locking up innocent people. My impressions of Holder are beginning to sour. If he is aware of what is happeneing in N.C, and allows such blatant disregard of the law in regards tothose people wrongly incarcerated, he is no friend of mine!

No, I was just shocked by the DOJ's cavalier attitude towards locking up innocent people. My impressions of Holder are beginning to sour. If he is aware of what is happeneing in N.C, and allows such blatant disregard of the law in regards tothose people wrongly incarcerated, he is no friend of mine!

How you could ever trust someone like him in the first place is beyond me. Most of this stuff has been obvious to many of us for several years now.

How you could ever trust someone like him in the first place is beyond me. Most of this stuff has been obvious to many of us for several years now.

Well, I did not want to join the chorus of antagonists who hate Obama and anthing he does, including the appointment of Holder. Observing that he had passed confirmation by Congress, and was solidly Conservative in his approach, at least in my view, was enough for me to endorse him. Ironically, it would be his "conservatism" that acts as a blinder to block a response to the DOJ's actions in North Carolina. There is nothing liberal about it. The DOJ knows 60 men are wrongfully incarcerated and neglected to at least tell them they had not broken the federal law for which they were imprisoned; with that revelation, my disppointment gauge surged. I suspect that all 60 individuals are Black and that makes Holder's seeming apathy all the more appalling!

Forum List

Back