$249,999.00 Is the Goal

Newsweek wrote an article on this very subject.

It quotes a dentist who is contemplating reducing "her income from her current $320,000 to under $250,000 by having her dental hygienist work fewer days and by treating fewer patients. [That way, she] would avoid paying higher taxes on the $70,000 that would be subject to increased taxation if Obama's proposal is signed into law."

It's hard to overstate how absurd these claims are. First, let's talk about the "massive increase in progressivity" that Gerson deplores.

Is Obama Declaring War on the Wealthy? | Newsweek Voices - Daniel Gross | Newsweek.com

None of you right wing cry babies want to take on the facts here, do you?

I also guess you've heard it said that the poorest people in the US of KKKA are rich compared to other poor in the world have you not?

I've heard lots said but what relevance is that to someone here with bills and kids who has lost a job and needs a little help? None.

"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." Proverbs 31:8-9

It quotes a dentist who is contemplating reducing "her income from her current $320,000 to under $250,000 by having her dental hygienist work fewer days and by treating fewer patients. [That way, she] would avoid paying higher taxes on the $70,000 that would be subject to increased taxation if Obama's proposal is signed into law."

Pure greed - let's hope another dentist making less takes her clients. When they can import immigrants to take these jobs you will see a different attitude among these people. The AMA controls doctor numbers to maintain their exorbitant salaries.

I also guess you've heard it said that the poorest people in the US of KKKA are rich compared to other poor in the world have you not?

I've heard lots said but what relevance is that to someone here with bills and kids who has lost a job and needs a little help? None.

"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." Proverbs 31:8-9
that proverb is for YOU to do, not the government

well, unless you support a theocracy

poor old librals,, cannot stand it that the rich have options, as in not working so hard for them... the thieves..

It's hard to overstate how absurd these claims are. First, let's talk about the "massive increase in progressivity" that Gerson deplores.

Is Obama Declaring War on the Wealthy? | Newsweek Voices - Daniel Gross | Newsweek.com

Excellent article, Bobo. I'm glad someone crunched the numbers. So a person making $350,000 would elect to only make $250,000 to avoid paying $1500 in taxes...I don't theenk so, Lucy.

I also forget that Bush's plan, approved by the Republicans, was to return to these rates anyway...so all Obama is doing is keeping them to their words.

poor old librals,, cannot stand it that the rich have options, as in not working so hard for them... the thieves..

Here is the deal with broke republicans like you. You took a huge hit from Bushanomics too.

But you fear change that will help the masses because you feel like you still have it better than the average schmuck. And maybe you do, but only by a little. And your husband's job might be secure, so you don't care about the millions who's jobs are not secure.

You are arrogant too. What you need is to have everything taken away from you and then maybe you will see the real world and how fucked up things are. Then lets see you play the blame game.

And you think you are smarter than all the people who lost their jobs. Even the CEO's of corporations that went under because jobs went overseas. You have the balls to say they should have saved for such an occasion? Who knew Bushanomics would fuck up people at the top and bottom and middle??? We thought it just hurt people at the bottom and middle. Turns out, it hurt almost everyone, except the top 1%.

Trust me, you and your husband would probably lose everything in 2 months if he lost his job. You are probably so high maintenance. And you certainly couldn't find a job to pay your bills. What would you do? Bag groceries?

See, you think labor should be cheap because you couldn't get a job that paid any more than minimum wage.

Excellent article, Bobo. I'm glad someone crunched the numbers. So a person making $350,000 would elect to only make $250,000 to avoid paying $1500 in taxes...I don't theenk so, Lucy.

I also forget that Bush's plan, approved by the Republicans, was to return to these rates anyway...so all Obama is doing is keeping them to their words.
i see you trust newsweak
LOL
i bet those flushable Korans happened too

i see you trust newsweak
LOL

Everytime we post something you have no comeback for, you attack the source as liberal. Thats because the facts in the article fuck you in the ass and expose you as wrong and dumb.

I'm sorry Dive, but you just aren't going to get the truth from the sources you read/watch.

How do you think you would fair in this job market Willow?

Employers are shrinking their work forces at alarming clip and are turning to other ways to slash costs — including trimming workers' hours, freezing wages or cutting pay — because the recession has eaten into their sales and profits. Customers at home and abroad are cutting back as other countries cope with their own economic problems.

With employers showing no appetite to hire, the unemployment jumped to 8.1 percent from 7.6 percent in January. That was the highest since December 1983, when the jobless rate was 8.3 percent.

i see you trust newsweak
LOL

Everytime we post something you have no comeback for, you attack the source as liberal. Thats because the facts in the article fuck you in the ass and expose you as wrong and dumb.

I'm sorry Dive, but you just aren't going to get the truth from the sources you read/watch.
no, bobo the moron, i dont trust fucked up sources like you do

How do you think you would fair in this job market Willow?

Employers are shrinking their work forces at alarming clip and are turning to other ways to slash costs — including trimming workers' hours, freezing wages or cutting pay — because the recession has eaten into their sales and profits. Customers at home and abroad are cutting back as other countries cope with their own economic problems.

With employers showing no appetite to hire, the unemployment jumped to 8.1 percent from 7.6 percent in January. That was the highest since December 1983, when the jobless rate was 8.3 percent.
yes, what do you THINK they do when they know they are about to be FUCKED by assholes like you

btw, look for it to get worse as they prep for the coming tax hikes

i see you trust newsweak
LOL
The numbers make sense. Feel free to go on the IRS website and figure it out for yourself. Or keep whining and crying that people that make more money than you pay more taxes than you...I'm sure we appreciate your efforts. :lol:

i see you trust newsweak
LOL

Who do you trust? Which corporate media's do you accept? Stupid.

i see you trust newsweak
LOL
The numbers make sense. Feel free to go on the IRS website and figure it out for yourself. Or keep whining and crying that people that make more money than you pay more taxes than you...I'm sure we appreciate your efforts. :lol:
they might be
but i would try to find a better source than a lying piece of shit like newsweak

Who do you trust? Which corporate media's do you accept? Stupid.
actually, trust? NONE of them
individually

but some have shown they are more trustworthy than others

Here is the deal with broke republicans like you. You took a huge hit from Bushanomics too.

But you fear change that will help the masses because you feel like you still have it better than the average schmuck. And maybe you do, but only by a little. And your husband's job might be secure, so you don't care about the millions who's jobs are not secure.

You are arrogant too. What you need is to have everything taken away from you and then maybe you will see the real world and how fucked up things are. Then lets see you play the blame game.

And you think you are smarter than all the people who lost their jobs. Even the CEO's of corporations that went under because jobs went overseas. You have the balls to say they should have saved for such an occasion? Who knew Bushanomics would fuck up people at the top and bottom and middle??? We thought it just hurt people at the bottom and middle. Turns out, it hurt almost everyone, except the top 1%.

Trust me, you and your husband would probably lose everything in 2 months if he lost his job. You are probably so high maintenance. And you certainly couldn't find a job to pay your bills. What would you do? Bag groceries?

See, you think labor should be cheap because you couldn't get a job that paid any more than minimum wage.

How many times do you have to be told that we don't work??? What would I do? I would do what I had to do,, without looking for the gov. sugar tit to latch onto,, unlike yourself.

well, which is it shithead,, am I broke? or do I have it better than the average schmuck?? you contradicte theyself.

i see you trust newsweak
LOL

Newsweek is a left wing rag.. that is all it is..and it is all you read is left wing dreck!

The numbers make sense.

If you're an idiot, they do. Again, you aren't listening. Not only are they raising the tax rates, but they are also phasing out deductions. This will raise taxes on the "rich" more than the higher tax rates will. And, as I said, depending on the phase out limits, it may even end up raising taxes on those below the $250,000 threshold.

Forum List

Back