246,000 New Jobs Drop Rate to 7.7%

As Obama dragged the DOW out of the Bush wreckage there were those Cons who kept saying "when it gets to 14,000 call me".

Hello!

Hello!

"The number you are calling has been disconnected"

Too too funny ....

:clap2:

Wow.. amazing... the dow is where it was nine years ago.

That's fucking awesome.

:lol:

The DOW was nowhere near 14000 nine years ago.

The DOW is now higher than it was when it began tanking five and a half years ago. It is higher than it has ever been.

Last edited:
Its amazing what inflating the dollar will do to the Dow

Are you just saying this because it's trendy for conservatives to make this claim now, or are you basing it on actual knowledge you have of monetary policy?

I'm just curious, because the dollar was being inflated in the early part of last decade and it also led to a record DOW, but conservatives didn't say a god damn negative thing about it.

Yeah, obama's really punishing the rich eh lefties?

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

The truth is, a little tax increase doesn't really bother the rich. They have so many ways to make money grow...the tax issue is part of the bread and circuses for the masses to fight about while the players keep moving up.

My inner republican is pissed that I can't credit this to republican policies.

My outer democrat is gloating all the way to the Vanguard brokerage office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, it will be fun watching the Right spin this in such a way that the new record high in the stock market is a BAD thing!:eusa_angel:

It isn't a bad thing for some, now tell us about everything else that is doing so well. :lol:

I would not even know where to start. My entire retirment portfolio has recovered. My taxes are reasonable, my standard of living is good, because of SS. My Medicare Advantage plan is the best health care plan I have ever had. My party is in the White House. We are winning the war the Right is waging on social issues, from gay marrage, through pro-choice, the Tea Party is destroying the republican party, Gas is not a problem for me, since I mostly ride a bike that gets 50 miles to a gallon. and on, and on, and on....

Oh, there is one thing. Because of the rampant paranoia in the nation right now, I have not been able to buy any 22 ammo for target practice at the range for 3 months.

You don't care about gas prices because you choose to ride around exposed on a motorcycle. You don't care about costs, because you no longer contribute. You talk about everything like you're reading it from a Liberal idiot's guide to making a political point. How convenient you attribute the lack of ammunition on paranoia, rather than the Liberal's War on Guns. When the check is no longer enough, what are you going to do with a girl's gun, and no ammunition to shoot it?

Let's go down the list of leading indicators, and see how they are doing.

1. Average weekly hours, manufacturing

40.6 hours compared to 40.9 hours a year ago.

So relatively flat.

2. Average weekly initial claims for unemployment insurance

In the week ending February 23, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 344,000, a decrease of 22,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 366,000. The 4-week moving average was 355,000, a decrease of 6,750 from the previous week's revised average of 361,750.

Trending positive.

3. Manufacturers’ new orders, consumer goods and materials

New orders for manufactured durable goods in December, up seven of the last eight months, increased $9.4 billion or 4.3 percent to $230.0 billion, revised from the previously published 4.6 percent increase. This followed a 0.6 percent November increase.

Long term positive trend.

4. ISM Index of New Orders

Economic activity in the manufacturing sector expanded in February for the third consecutive month, and the overall economy grew for the 45th consecutive month, say the nation's supply executives in the latest Manufacturing ISM Report On Business.

The New Orders Index registered 57.8 percent, an increase of 4.5 percent over January's reading of 53.3 percent, indicating growth in new orders for the second consecutive month. As was the case in January, all five of the PMI™'s component indexes — new orders, production, employment, supplier deliveries and inventories — registered in positive territory in February. In addition, the Backlog of Orders, Exports and Imports Indexes all grew in February relative to January."

Very positive trend.

5. Manufacturers' new orders, nondefense capital goods excluding aircraft orders

2pqpffk.gif

Also looking good.

6. Building permits, new private housing units

14o0rcj.gif

Finally trending upward.

7. Stock prices, 500 common stocks

ev6wj7.gif

Looking very good.

8. The interest rate spread between 10-year Treasury bonds and the federal funds rate.

Yesterday's 10 year Treasury was at 1.88 percent.

Yesterday's federal funds rate was at 0.16 percent.

Looking at both for 2013 to date, there is no sign of inversion. So that's very good.

9. Consumer Confidence Index:

The Conference Board Consumer Confidence Index®, which had declined in January, rebounded in February. The Index now stands at 69.6 (1985=100), up from 58.4 in January. The Present Situation Index increased to 63.3 from 56.2. The Expectations Index improved to 73.8 from 59.9 last month.

Looking good!

It isn't a bad thing for some, now tell us about everything else that is doing so well. :lol:

I would not even know where to start. My entire retirment portfolio has recovered. My taxes are reasonable, my standard of living is good, because of SS. My Medicare Advantage plan is the best health care plan I have ever had. My party is in the White House. We are winning the war the Right is waging on social issues, from gay marrage, through pro-choice, the Tea Party is destroying the republican party, Gas is not a problem for me, since I mostly ride a bike that gets 50 miles to a gallon. and on, and on, and on....

Oh, there is one thing. Because of the rampant paranoia in the nation right now, I have not been able to buy any 22 ammo for target practice at the range for 3 months.

You don't care about gas prices because you choose to ride around exposed on a motorcycle. You don't care about costs, because you no longer contribute. You talk about everything like you're reading it from a Liberal idiot's guide to making a political point. How convenient you attribute the lack of ammunition on paranoia, rather than the Liberal's War on Guns. When the check is no longer enough, what are you going to do with a girl's gun, and no ammunition to shoot it?

Somebody is getting cranky, and needs a nap....

My outer democrat is gloating all the way to the Vanguard brokerage office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, it will be fun watching the Right spin this in such a way that the new record high in the stock market is a BAD thing!:eusa_angel:

Tell us why the stock market does so well with a Marxist as President.

Obama: Making the Rich, Fucking Rich... By literally handing them money.

Jealousy is a sad, sad thing. Maybe you should try working for your money, instead of having others provide for you. They're the "job creators". Talk to us when you have some to offer.

Jealousy is a sad, sad thing. Maybe you should try working for your money, instead of having others provide for you. They're the "job creators". Talk to us when you have some to offer.

I love how you guys (both left and right) can change your convictions on a dime. So is Obama all about the 'trickle-down' these days?

I love how you guys (both left and right) can change your convictions on a dime. So is Obama all about the 'trickle-down' these days?

As long as the middle class are able to catch some decent portion of the trickle on the way down.

I'm ok with it. :D

I'd say "you can't be this stupid" if I didn't already know that you are.

News flash: The Fed has been pumping $40 BILLION per month into the securities markets for several months now...Fed Undertakes QE3 With $40 Billion Monthly MBS Purchases - Bloomberg

It would only be news if the securities bubble didn't continue being pumped up.

Tell us why the stock market does so well with a Marxist as President.

Everyone knows that the Dow oversamples Democrats

News flash: The Fed has been pumping $40 BILLION per month into the securities markets for several months now...Fed Undertakes QE3 With $40 Billion Monthly MBS Purchases - Bloomberg

The fed's buying of mortgage securities has pushed the market up, I agree. But, the fed will eventually sell the securities, which will cause rates to rise. It's no certain thing, but inflation of say ... 2% and interest rates of 7% wouldn't be the end of the world by any means.

You are looking at the amount, but not the velocity.

All of the economic leading indicators are trending positive. This cannot be ignored.

The Fed is out of bullets. QE3 is having virtually zero impact, and everyone knows it. QE3 does not explain, and is not behind, the positive trends in the leading indicators.

QE3 had about half a day of positive impact on the equities markets. At best.

These things are common knowledge.

There is a bond bubble, though. A ginormous one. It is going to suck when it pops.

And everyone is wondering how the Fed is going to sell off all those bonds it is buying when the time comes to start soaking up all that liquidity it injected.

Forum List

Back