$226K in student debt for a degree in speech pathology.

williepete

Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2011
Troposphere
And you guessed it. She's a Bernie supporter.

“I only want to help people communicate effectively,” declares the indebted student.

Sanders has promised “free tuition” nationwide at post-secondary institutions, without specifying conditions relating to preferred pursuits. Under Sanders’s proposal, those wishing to become mechanical engineers, pediatricians, or electricians will be afforded the same taxpayers assistance as those studying Greek mythology, “social justice,” or “women’s studies.”

$226K In Debt. Supports Sanders. Wait 'Til You Hear What She Studied.

---------------------------

Does she truly think someone is going to pay the debt she already accrued? Her expensive education has failed her in the common sense arena!

• Banned
She may find this publicity detrimental when she's sitting for an interview. If she's not married, I wonder what young man would want to start a family with her and take on this level of debt.

I hope she had fun at school. Her future doesn't look too bright.

“I only want to help people communicate effectively,” declares the indebted student.

Sanders has promised “free tuition” nationwide at post-secondary institutions, without specifying conditions relating to preferred pursuits. Under Sanders’s proposal, those wishing to become mechanical engineers, pediatricians, or electricians will be afforded the same taxpayers assistance as those studying Greek mythology, “social justice,” or “women’s studies.”

Speech pathology is a practical, in-demand profession which you have absolutely no reason to sneer at. However, with what they make, she'll never pay off her debt. Why did she have to choose such an expensive college? That part doesn't make a lot of sense.

I agree she has a good chance for making a lot of money some day, but regardless it could take a few decades to pay that kind of debt off unless she forfeits owning a house.

Speech pathology is a worthwhile degree and they do great work

I think Bernie will tell you it is a shame that such degrees cost so much

• Banned
Speech pathology is a practical, in-demand profession which you have absolutely no reason to sneer at. However, with what they make, she'll never pay off her debt. Why did she have to choose such an expensive college? That part doesn't make a lot of sense.

Who's sneering?! I admire her choice in an honorable and needed profession. Like you, I think she went about achieving her goal in an irrational way. What other irrational decisions has she made and will make in the future? These will certainly be things her future employers will wonder at her interviews now she has this level of publicity.

I've heard speech pathologists can expect to earn about $45,000 a year before tax.

She can say "do you want fries with that?" fluently and with emphasis.

Who's sneering?! I admire her choice in an honorable and needed profession. Like you, I think she went about achieving her goal in an irrational way. What other irrational decisions has she made and will make in the future? These will certainly be things her future employers will wonder at her interviews now she has this level of publicity.

I've heard speech pathologists can expect to earn about $45,000 a year before tax.
Yup. One of those occupations that helps people, therefore not much valued in our society unless you have a kid with a speech impediment or you have had a stroke.

Oh, Willie, you just don't agree with Sanders idea to fund college tuition for all. Quit picking on college kids.

The ability of conservatives to ridicule higher education never ceases to amaze me........."Wait 'Till You Hear What She Studied"???

Speech Pathology?

That is a difficult, medical related degree that helps people with speech impediments, strokes or accidents which affect the ability to speak

Why would conservatives ridicule that?

The ability of conservatives to ridicule higher education never ceases to amaze me........."Wait 'Till You Hear What She Studied"???

Speech Pathology?

That is a difficult, medical related degree that helps people with speech impediments, strokes or accidents which affect the ability to speak

Nobody is making fun of her degree.
The $226K debt to get a low paying job, yes.

Speech Pathology?

Nobody is making fun of her degree.
The $226K debt to get a low paying job, yes.

The OP and its link mocks her degree

Bernie Sanders would agree that college students should not have to pay that outrageous amount to get a college degree

Median salary. So in 20 years she will be able to afford a 800 sq ft apartment in LA.

I guess if she wants to live in LA

Still a worthwhile profession and worth training people in
Only a big city would require a speech pathologist.

Why?

Children have speech impediments all over the country. People get strokes everywhere, not just the big cities

She may find this publicity detrimental when she's sitting for an interview. If she's not married, I wonder what young man would want to start a family with her and take on this level of debt.

I hope she had fun at school. Her future doesn't look too bright.

You picked the wrong example.

Forum List

Back