2022 Mercedes-AMG EQS 53 electric car.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Before you laugh, it packs 649 Horsepower, goes from 0 to 60 in 3.4 Seconds with a range of 330 miles.

Starts at $140,000.
1639972182271.png

2021's are about $30,000 less.
1639972331305.png

Before you laugh, it packs 649 Horsepower, goes from 0 to 60 in 3.4 Seconds with a range of 330 miles.

Starts at $140,000.
View attachment 577642

2021's are about $30,000 less.
View attachment 577644
looks like a buick,,

I, also, though my current car is a 2016 “Dodge”* Dart.

I do have a 2022 Ford Bronco on order. A 4-door Badlands non-Sasquatch with the 2.7 V6 engine and the Lux option package.

By my dealer's estimate, I'll probably receive it some time around the middle of next year.

May the
Ford-Logo_100x56.png
be with you, always.

vehicle.jpg

* Actually, some sort of weird Fiat/Alfa Romeo/Mercedes Benz/Hyundai/Chrysler mongrel.

It seems to me that all of these press releases are nothing but printed flatulence.

If M-B introduces a car that costs $150k and goes like hell and goes 500 miles on an electrical charge, WHO GIVES A FUCK? It is meaningless. Less than a tiny fraction of one percent of the population would have any serious interest in the car, and not to be elitist, but at that price, most would go for a Porsche.

These are the benchmarks: (a) $35,000 base price; (b) Minimum 275 miles to a charge; (c) Half hour to charge from zero miles (or comparable) to 250.

Until someone produces that car, it's all masturbation.

These are the benchmarks: (a) $35,000 base price; (b) Minimum 275 miles to a charge; (c) Half hour to charge from zero miles (or comparable) to 250.

Until someone produces that car, it's all masturbation.

I can put enough gasoline in my present car, a 2016 Dodge Dart to go about 300 miles, and I can do it in only a few minutes.

The Bronco that I have on order might potentially go up to 400 miles on a fill (though 300 to 350 is probably more realistic), and also will only take a few minutes.

Half an hour to add enough of a charge to go less than three hundred miles is far short of adequate, as far as I am concerned. Electric vehicle technology needs to get much, much better than that, before I would even think of owning one.

Very few people travel more than 50 miles per day, on average. On a day of "riding around," couple hundred miles would be a lot. Therefore, an EV range of 250 would satisfy 99+% of typical owners' needs, especially when one considers that most EV owners have another vehicle in the household, an ICE vehicle, that will go three hundred or more miles on a fill-up.

My benchmarks are accurate.

Very few people travel more than 50 miles per day, on average. On a day of "riding around," couple hundred miles would be a lot. Therefore, an EV range of 250 would satisfy 99+% of typical owners' needs, especially when one considers that most EV owners have another vehicle in the household, an ICE vehicle, that will go three hundred or more miles on a fill-up.

My benchmarks are accurate.

In my profession, it is not at all unusual to have to commute, on a daily basis, as much as 80 miles each way, in a vehicle stuffed with tools.

No car chargers on a typical construction site, no car chargers at my apartment complex, and around such a commute, when am I supposed to have extra time to waste spending hours each day at a public charging station waiting for my vehicle to be charged?

In my profession, it is not at all unusual to have to commute, on a daily basis, as much as 80 miles each way, in a vehicle stuffed with tools.

No car chargers on a typical construction site, no car chargers at my apartment complex, and around such a commute, when am I supposed to have extra time to waste spending hours each day at a public charging station waiting for my vehicle to be charged?
an EV isnt the car for you,, but many of us it would work out great,,

I watch a guy on utube that installs solar and he set up a dedicated 4 panel system for his car and in two yrs hasnt paid for anything to drive it,,

Just a coupla questions:

1. Where does the power come from to recharge EVs at a charging stations?

2. How good are EVs in really cold weather?

3. What do you do with the EV battery after it's worn out?

4. where does the power come from to build EVs and those batteries in the 1st place?

Nothing comes without some down sides, or is able to accommodate everyone's particular situation.

It's pretty safe to assume that most people out shopping for $100K + Mercedes' don't live in apartments and aren't worried about where to plug in at.

an EV isnt [sic] the car for you,, but many of us it would work out great,,

I watch a guy on utube [sic] that installs solar and he set up a dedicated 4 panel system for his car and in two yrs hasnt [sic] paid for anything to drive it,,

He paid the cost of those solar panels, and the supporting equipment, and is bearing the depreciation of all of it. Eventually, the panels will fail and need to be replaced; they do have a finite usable life.

Now maybe, if he did it right, it will cost significantly less to feed his electric car that way, than to feed a conventional internal-combustion-engined car, but it's not free.

A fair amount of my work has been in building solar power systems. I know something about the subject. Certainly more than you're going to learn just by watching YouTube.

He paid the cost of those solar panels, and the supporting equipment, and is bearing the depreciation of all of it. Eventually, the panels will fail and need to be replaced; they do have a finite usable life.

Now maybe, if he did it right, it will cost significantly less to feed his electric car that way, than to feed a conventional internal-combustion-engined car, but it's not free.

A fair amount of my work has been in building solar power systems. I know something about the subject. Certainly more than you're going to learn just by watching YouTube.
Have you told us about Solyndra yet ?
:auiqs.jpg:

1982 wants it's talking points back.

they are 25 yr panels and the system is about 1200.00,, I know that because I set up the same one for my garden and chicken coop area,,

Forum List

Back