2018-2019 Ford Mustang GT finally gets the official Ford supercharger

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Back in 2017, Ford Performance announced it would have a supercharger kit available for the refreshed 2018 Ford Mustang GT. It promised 700 horsepower and 610 pound-feet of torque, and was due in early 2018, but nothing came of it. Thankfully, it seems to have simply been delayed, because the supercharger system is now on sale and available for not just 2018, but 2019 Mustang GTs, too.

The kit for these latest Mustangs delivers on the 700 horsepower with a 2.65-liter TVS positive displacement supercharger that delivers 12 psi of boosted air to the engine, along with new fuel rails, injectors, an air-to-water intercooler and a bigger throttle body. Impressively, the kit is emissions compliant in all 50 states.

All this can be yours for $7,699. That's just for the kit alone, which you can install yourself. But if you want the 3-year/36,000-mile warranty on the parts in the kit, you'll have to have it installed by a Ford dealer or ASE-certified technician, which will surely add some labor cost. Also, this supercharger system is only compatible with normal Mustang GTs, not the Bullitt edition Mustang.

(Excerpt) Read more at autoblog.com ...

700hp

600+ lbs torque

Warranty

Under $60k

Simply incredible.

Oh, and it's legal in all 50 states......Just might beat the Hellcat Redeye with its 797 hp, but probably 500 lbs. More weight!....Strong 9 second quarter mile possibilities!

Nice!!!
I had the factory blower in my 98 Tacoma and it kicked Ass!!!
Was pushing around 325 hp with a tune,blower and headers.
The thing hauled ass!!!
They stopped offering the blower for the Tundra in 2015 although I do have the option of a the Magnuson for the Tundra which is the same maker.
I't ain't cheap though at $7k without installation.
It'll make at a minimum 550 hp with no other mods.
Seriously considering it.

Back in 2017, Ford Performance announced it would have a supercharger kit available for the refreshed 2018 Ford Mustang GT. It promised 700 horsepower and 610 pound-feet of torque, and was due in early 2018, but nothing came of it. Thankfully, it seems to have simply been delayed, because the supercharger system is now on sale and available for not just 2018, but 2019 Mustang GTs, too.

The kit for these latest Mustangs delivers on the 700 horsepower with a 2.65-liter TVS positive displacement supercharger that delivers 12 psi of boosted air to the engine, along with new fuel rails, injectors, an air-to-water intercooler and a bigger throttle body. Impressively, the kit is emissions compliant in all 50 states.

All this can be yours for $7,699. That's just for the kit alone, which you can install yourself. But if you want the 3-year/36,000-mile warranty on the parts in the kit, you'll have to have it installed by a Ford dealer or ASE-certified technician, which will surely add some labor cost. Also, this supercharger system is only compatible with normal Mustang GTs, not the Bullitt edition Mustang.

(Excerpt) Read more at autoblog.com ...

700hp

600+ lbs torque

Warranty

Under $60k

Simply incredible.

Oh, and it's legal in all 50 states......Just might beat the Hellcat Redeye with its 797 hp, but probably 500 lbs. More weight!....Strong 9 second quarter mile possibilities!

Nom nom nom...

I remember back when the "5.0" debuted back in the 80's. The respectable 5.0 put down around I think 200HP at the time, later boosted to 210, then 225HP in the early 90's.
5.0's were the bad ass ride in the late 80's until the Grand Nat came along. (we're talking working class affordable American muscle.)

I had a few of them. "Stout" was the word the guys around the track used to described them. That S-charger set up sounds nice. Still, nowhere near the quickness of the Mclaren 720S and probably can't touch the Ludicrous Tesla P100D, but loads of fun and also nowhere near the price tag.

I think owning a Track Hawk would be fun.

Hard to believe how cars today have over taken sport bikes even in the 1/4 mile but especially up top. That's just incredible.

Really quite surprised that a TURBO, or 2 TURBOS aren't offered.....easy to maintain if one breaks a shitload less to replace than a blower....really UNLIMITED (EXCEPT WHAT IT WILL BREAK THE MOTOR IF PUSHED and boost is at a twist of the wastegate) BUT I can see that a guy that buys a TURBO if not constrained by common sense can break parts a lot easier.....Had a GN in '87 With a HUGE TURBO and a Motec computer 3500 lb. Car went low 10's all the way back in 1990.....Most FUN CAR I ever owned!

I remember back when the "5.0" debuted back in the 80's. The respectable 5.0 put down around I think 200HP at the time, later boosted to 210, then 225HP in the early 90's.
5.0's were the bad ass ride in the late 80's until the Grand Nat came along. (we're talking working class affordable American muscle.)

I had a few of them. "Stout" was the word the guys around the track used to described them. That S-charger set up sounds nice. Still, nowhere near the quickness of the Mclaren 720S and probably can't touch the Ludicrous Tesla P100D, but loads of fun and also nowhere near the price tag.

I think owning a Track Hawk would be fun.

Hard to believe how cars today have over taken sport bikes even in the 1/4 mile but especially up top. That's just incredible.

Had a buddy that had the 5.0 Mustang and it was fast as hell!!

Really quite surprised that a TURBO, or 2 TURBOS aren't offered.....easy to maintain if one breaks a shitload less to replace than a blower....really UNLIMITED (EXCEPT WHAT IT WILL BREAK THE MOTOR IF PUSHED and boost is at a twist of the wastegate) BUT I can see that a guy that buys a TURBO if not constrained by common sense can break parts a lot easier.....Had a GN in '87 With a HUGE TURBO and a Motec computer 3500 lb. Car went low 10's all the way back in 1990.....Most FUN CAR I ever owned!

While turbos are getting more advanced they still have more lag than a blower.
If you're running a diesel definitely run a turbo, other than that I prefer a blower.

If you're running a diesel definitely run a turbo, other than that I prefer a blower.
Stall speed converter in an automatic set at 2400 does away with the lag....also to be tricky a small shot of NOS does wonders for the BOOST UP TIME :)

Stall speed converter in an automatic set at 2400 does away with the lag....also to be tricky a small shot of NOS does wonders for the BOOST UP TIME :)

Nos is asking for trouble in a daily driver.

Common sense and NO PROBLEMS.... trouble is how much you break before common sense kicks in!

Common sense and NO PROBLEMS.... trouble is how much you break before common sense kicks in!

The only reason I kept my license in my youth was because I got rid of my crotch rocket.
Common sense....

Forum List

Back