2016 is #3 developing on Drudge

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
I've never seen the like. I've been involved in politics both sides of the border since I was a teenager and I've never witnessed anything like this.

Anti-Obama Movie Stuns Hollywood For #3; Other Newcomers & Holdovers Weak Friday; Only ‘The Expendables 2′ Can Break $10M

Check it out. Now they come to #1 on Drudge because of the few numbers of theaters it is being shown in as compared to the top two. But the actual link says #3 . Awesome. After the Expendables and the Bourne Legacy? Wow. Just Wow.

1. The Expendables 2 (Millenium/Lionsgate) Week 2 [3,355 Runs] R
Friday $3.6M (-66%), Weekend $11.7M, Cume $50.2M

2. The Bourne Legacy (Universal) Week 3 [3,652 Runs] PG13
Friday $2.5M, Weekend $8.4M, Cume $84.6M

3. 2016 Obama’s America (Rocky Mountain) NEW [1,091 Runs] PG
Friday $2.4M, Weekend $6.0M, Cume $8.9M

4. ParaNorman (Focus Features) Week 2 [3,455 Runs] PG
Friday $2.3M (-50%), Weekend $7.5M, Cume $27.1M

5. The Campaign (Warner Bros) Week 3 [3,302 Runs] R
Friday $2.1, Weekend $6.7M, Cume $62.9M

6. The Dark Knight Rises (Legendary/WB) Week 6 [2,606 Runs] PG13
Friday $2.0M, Weekend $6.8M, Cume $421.7M

7. The Odd Life Of Timothy Green (Disney) Week 2 [2,598 Runs] PG
Friday $2.0M, Weekend $6.5M, Cume $26.5M

8. Premium Rush (Sony) NEW [2,255 Runs] PG13
Friday $2.0M, Weekend $6.1M

9. Hope Springs (Sony) Week 3 [2,402 Runs] PG13
Friday $1.6M, Weekend $5.5M, Cume $44.6M

10. Hit And Run (Open Road) NEW [2,870 Runs] R
Friday $1.3M, Weekend $3.8M, Cume $4.8M

Last edited:
I've never seen the like. I've been involved in politics both sides of the border since I was a teenager and I've never witnessed anything like this.

Anti-Obama Movie Stuns Hollywood For #3; Other Newcomers & Holdovers Weak Friday; Only ‘The Expendables 2′ Can Break $10M

Check it out. Now they come to #1 on Drudge because of the few numbers of theaters it is being shown in as compared to the top two. But the actual link says #3 . Awesome. After the Expendables and the Bourne Legacy? Wow. Just Wow.

Going to the 11:10 AM showing today...less crowded early in the day.

Exhibitors are reporting busloads arriving at theaters around the country in pre-organized trips. It also employed much of the same marketing techniques used to garner attention and support for faith-based films, understandable since the audience is overlapping. Its campaign included advertising nationally over the past two weeks on talk radio and cable news channels including Fox News Channel, A&E, History and MSNBC.
Anti-Obama Movie Stuns Hollywood For #3; Other Newcomers & Holdovers Weak Friday; Only 'The Expendables 2' Can Break $10M - Deadline.com

Exhibitors are reporting busloads arriving at theaters around the country in pre-organized trips. It also employed much of the same marketing techniques used to garner attention and support for faith-based films, understandable since the audience is overlapping. Its campaign included advertising nationally over the past two weeks on talk radio and cable news channels including Fox News Channel, A&E, History and MSNBC.
Anti-Obama Movie Stuns Hollywood For #3; Other Newcomers & Holdovers Weak Friday; Only 'The Expendables 2' Can Break $10M - Deadline.com

Who cares how or why they get there..as long as they see it.

Critics say it's nothing but an infomercial.

If that's your thing, you'll love it.

Critic rating:

rating.jpg
In ‘2016,’ Obama is fear itself
By Michael O’Sullivan
Friday, August 24, 2012

“I’m not trying to bash Obama in a crude way,” Dinesh D’Souza says in a TV news clip featured in the conservative writer and commentator’s new documentary “2016: Obama’s America.” It’s a comment recycled from one of D’Souza’s many media appearances in defense of his well-known, earlier attacks on the president, both in a controversial 2010 Forbes magazine cover story and two subsequent books, on which this film is based.

One thing can be said for “2016.” It’s anything but crude. The best infomercials rarely are.

Critic Review for 2016: Obama's America on washingtonpost.com

Going to the 11:10 AM showing today...less crowded early in the day.

Oh puhleeze let me know what you think about it. If we can't get it in Winnipeg (2 hours north without a blizzard), sheesh, we'll have to drive to Fargo I guess.

That's an overnighter for us. I'd appreciate you telling me if it's worth our drive.

Last edited:
This part was peachy:

The real bogeyman isn’t Obama, who D’Souza acknowledges can come across as an appealing and charismatic leader. That honor is shared by several men D’Souza refers to as Obama’s “founding fathers,” in an unsubtle dig at the president’s patriotism. It’s a group that includes communist Frank Marshall Davis; former Weather Underground member Bill Ayers; academic Edward Said, whose views are described as anti-Zionist; liberal Harvard professor Roberto Unger; and the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, a proponent of so-called black liberation theology.

None of the names of these putative villains is new, which gives “2016” the air of a “Nightmare on Elm Street” sequel, pandering to the franchise’s hard-core fans, while boring everyone else.
lol

Oh puhleeze let me know what you think about it. If we can't get it in Winnipeg (2 hours north without a blizzard), sheesh, we'll have to drive to Fargo I guess.

That's an overnighter for us. I'd appreciate you telling me if it's worth our drive.
You're a hardcore zealot.

Of course you'll love it.

This part was peachy:

The real bogeyman isn’t Obama, who D’Souza acknowledges can come across as an appealing and charismatic leader. That honor is shared by several men D’Souza refers to as Obama’s “founding fathers,” in an unsubtle dig at the president’s patriotism. It’s a group that includes communist Frank Marshall Davis; former Weather Underground member Bill Ayers; academic Edward Said, whose views are described as anti-Zionist; liberal Harvard professor Roberto Unger; and the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, a proponent of so-called black liberation theology.

None of the names of these putative villains is new, which gives “2016” the air of a “Nightmare on Elm Street” sequel, pandering to the franchise’s hard-core fans, while boring everyone else.
lol

propaganda films are boring

This part was peachy:

lol

Oh come on. We're political animals. Anyone who could data mine back in 2007 was up to date on Frank Marshall Davis for example.

I dare you. Go out into the street wherever you live and ask them about Obama's biggest influence in his life?

See if anyone can name this man. They won't and they can't because they are normal people with normal lives. :lol:

So don't get all comfy cozy that all of this has been brought up before. Joe and Mary six pack never had a clue before they voted for this phantom.

I guess because it's not a movie about a President being assassinated, or how supposedly Sarah Palin was stupid, they are poo pooing this movie

I'm glad people are going to see it

Last edited:
Critics say it's nothing but an infomercial.

If that's your thing, you'll love it.

Critic rating:

rating.jpg
In ‘2016,’ Obama is fear itself
By Michael O’Sullivan
Friday, August 24, 2012

“I’m not trying to bash Obama in a crude way,” Dinesh D’Souza says in a TV news clip featured in the conservative writer and commentator’s new documentary “2016: Obama’s America.” It’s a comment recycled from one of D’Souza’s many media appearances in defense of his well-known, earlier attacks on the president, both in a controversial 2010 Forbes magazine cover story and two subsequent books, on which this film is based.

One thing can be said for “2016.” It’s anything but crude. The best infomercials rarely are.

Critic Review for 2016: Obama's America on washingtonpost.com

Liberal critics panning the movie, that is so unexpected.

I bet any theatre showing it that's near a Chick-Fil-A will do well.

This part was peachy:

lol

propaganda films are boring

I know Moore's movie are great as a sleep aid. Didn't his 9/11 fiasco during the 2004 election?

Oh My Gosh! This film will seal Obama's fate! The millions of voters who see this and, after doing so, come to realize how bad of a President he is will turn the election for Mitt Romney! Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Forum List

Back