2016: Historical Wave Election

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

The only American election that compares to the ass kicking the Democrats suffered in the 2016 election is the election of 1920 when the Republicans took over all branches of government with huge majorities in both the House and Senate.

Check it out here
Wave election
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and all without winning the popular vote
Look at the map, see all the red. The blue spots are tiny. We should pass out the vote based on acreage owed and be done with it.

Damn what is wrong with google, how come I can't pull up a 2016 election map?????? they keep going back to 2012 or 2008.

map-results.jpg

I need to find a new search engine.
Liberals hiding things on me.

Look at the map, see all the red. The blue spots are tiny. We should pass out the vote based on acreage owed and be done with it.

Damn what is wrong with google, how come I can't pull up a 2016 election map?????? they keep going back to 2012 or 2008.

map-results.jpg

Liberals hiding things on me

It's a conspiracy.

map-results.jpg

When you visualize the map and adjust scales by population density, those blue spots aren't small at all.

The only American election that compares to the ass kicking the Democrats suffered in the 2016 election is the election of 1920 when the Republicans took over all branches of government with huge majorities in both the House and Senate.

Check it out here
Wave election
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sure, but what happened next? The Great Depression started within a decade and WW II started within 2 decades. #liberal logic.

map-results.jpg

Why am I not surprised that a Trump supporter would be in favor of foreign intervention in our -ahem- democracy?
"Foreign investors held an interest in 25.7 million acres of U.S. agricultural land (forest land and farmland) as of December 31, 2011..."

After the Republicans kicked the Democrats to the government curb in the 1920 wave election, the Republicans retained control of all branches of government in the 1924 and 1928 presidential elections.

As a result, the 1920's Republicans accomplished most of their agenda, an agenda that wasn't all that much different from today's Republican party; keep people of color from immigrating to the US, cut taxes, free market approach to government, protective trade tariffs, restricting people's personal freedom. Did I say cut taxes... cut taxes on the wealthiest among us?

When did the popular vote become necessary to win the presidential election?

It isn't. The talk before the election was that the left thought Trump would win the popular and not the electoral. They feared that he would challenge the election and that his supporters would riot in the streets.

As usual, the left assumed that others would do as they do.

map-results.jpg

Why am I not surprised that a Trump supporter would be in favor of foreign intervention in our -ahem- democracy?
"Foreign investors held an interest in 25.7 million acres of U.S. agricultural land (forest land and farmland) as of December 31, 2011..."

After the Republicans kicked the Democrats to the government curb in the 1920 wave election, the Republicans retained control of all branches of government in the 1924 and 1928 presidential elections.

As a result, the 1920's Republicans accomplished most of their agenda, an agenda that wasn't all that much different from today's Republican party; keep people of color from immigrating to the US, cut taxes, free market approach to government, protective trade tariffs, restricting people's personal freedom. Did I say cut taxes... cut taxes on the wealthiest among us?

Oh Brother!
The whole county prospered, including the lower class.
Some even rose to middle class.

yes, Trump said the presidential election is rigged due to the electoral college..... now that he won the EV votes, he changed his mind, but that's all fine and dandy, eh?

yes, Trump said the presidential election is rigged due to the electoral college..... now that he won the EV votes, he changed his mind, but that's all fine and dandy, eh?

He was talking about changing the unfair rules that sets both parties for wins.
It makes it almost impossible to run for any other parties.

Actually, that's not what he said at all.

Though the left doesn't like to admit it, Trump's claim about the election being rigged was based on two primary factors:

1) the primary process which is tilted to favor the establishment (had it not been for a 'rigged' primary system, Bernie Sanders might be president on January 20 - super delegates??? Are you serious??), and

2) the slanted reporting by the press, who clearly took a position to tilt the election in the direction of the left by intentionally misrepresenting the truth, creating fabrications, and hiding the news from the people. (Feeding Clinton the debate questions? Intentionally and willfully taking the words of Sanders and Trump out of context in order to portray either as something they were not

Election rigged? Of course it was .... but Trump beat the rigging by taking his message directly to the people.

map-results.jpg

Ummmm, it was your hero the shrilary who was bought by the foreign governments. Just sayin...

EXCLUSIVE: Persian Gulf Sheikhs Gave Bill & Hillary $100 Million [VIDEO]

Read more: EXCLUSIVE: Persian Gulf Sheikhs Gave Bill & Hillary $100 Million [VIDEO]

EXCLUSIVE: Persian Gulf Sheikhs Gave Bill & Hillary $100 Million [VIDEO]

map-results.jpg

Oh Brother!
The whole county prospered, including the lower class.
Some even rose to middle class.

Are you historically challenged or is trumpmania eating your mind?

After having their way with American electorate in 1920, the Republican majority was able to pass, unabated, an agenda similar in many ways to today's Republican party agenda. The Republicans kept their majority in the 1924 presidential election... By 1928 income inequality, one of the main drivers of the Great Depression had reached historical levels, not to be seen again until 2007. As money piled up in fewer and fewer hands, cash strapped consumers didn't have the means to spend - by 1929 the Stock Market crashed and the Great Depression was on.

He was talking about changing the unfair rules that sets both parties for wins.
It makes it almost impossible to run for any other parties.
No he wasn't Peach, he tweeted about the Romney run and on election day early on, he thought romney was winning the popular vote and Obama the electoral college and he vehemently was against the electoral college and said it was a travesty to democracy and the system was rigged, and when he started saying that before this election, it was his set up... to call this election rigged when he thought Hillary was going to win the electoral votes.

The ELECTORAL college is what keeps only the two parties in the race.... Ross Perot won 19% of the popular vote, and the way the system is set up, he earned ZERO Elector votes.... that's just wrong wrong wrong....

Electors need to vote with how their district voted, then the third party candidates would have a chance... (each state gets 1 elector for every voting district that they have a US Congressman, and then they get 2 electors for their 2 Senators...which is what gives smaller populated states their advantage....) If the electors for their two senators... votes with their full state's popular vote, and the other electors given for each congressional voting district, votes with their district....it would give third parties a shot....but the way it is set up now, ONLY the two parties have a shot, it is rigged in their favor... it wasn't always like this and and two states, like mine, has changed it ...my state gives 1 electoral vote to each voting district...

clinton got 3 electors, trump got one....and BECAUSE as a small state, we set it up that way, Trump came to visit us with Rallies at LEAST 3 times in my district....if it was winner takes all, he would not have even visited us once!!!

Forum List

Back