2012 Rep Dream ticket

In this coming election, like no other before in terms of partisan division, the GOP nominee will have to run HARD to the right during the primaries. That's where the buzz is created. No fence sitter he, the nominee will be loaded with positions that will scare the bejesus out of the Independents.

Those positions will have to be defended in the debates, in press conferences and on the stump. The moderates and independents will have to consider the hard core reactionary stuff the Tea Party laps up with a spoon. And it'll turn them off. Because, after all, the Tea Party types make up a large enough and vocal enough minority in the GOP to call the shots. A large enough minority in the GOP makes for a decidedly minority place among the electorate.

And that's how the radical right ate the Republican Party.

The fallacy in your argument is that the Tea Party represents the radical right. Nothing could be futher from the truth. You really need to get out more. :)
Really? The Tea Party favors stricter regulations on Wall Street, the banking industry, environmental protections, expanded civil rights protections, legislation safeguarding worker's pensions and their right to collective bargaining? This is what the Tea party favors? All these progressive reforms?

Where do I sign up?

In this coming election, like no other before in terms of partisan division, the GOP nominee will have to run HARD to the right during the primaries. That's where the buzz is created. No fence sitter he, the nominee will be loaded with positions that will scare the bejesus out of the Independents.

Those positions will have to be defended in the debates, in press conferences and on the stump. The moderates and independents will have to consider the hard core reactionary stuff the Tea Party laps up with a spoon. And it'll turn them off. Because, after all, the Tea Party types make up a large enough and vocal enough minority in the GOP to call the shots. A large enough minority in the GOP makes for a decidedly minority place among the electorate.

And that's how the radical right ate the Republican Party.

The fallacy in your argument is that the Tea Party represents the radical right. Nothing could be futher from the truth. You really need to get out more. :)
Really? The Tea Party favors stricter regulations on Wall Street, the banking industry, environmental protections, expanded civil rights protections, legislation safeguarding worker's pensions and their right to collective bargaining? This is what the Tea party favors? All these progressive reforms?

Where do I sign up?

The Tea Party is not focused on specifics but on principles. If the government gets back to an understanding and its original purpose to protect the unalienable rights of the people, all other issues can be corrected appropriately as necessary.

Nor are any of those issues you listed in and of themselves 'radical'. They become radical only when promoted and pressured by radicals on either side of the political spectrum.

I am still sticking with what most conservatives would want to see, Chris Christie/Marco Rubio,,,or Christie/Paul Ryan. Either ticket is a 55/45 Landslide and Obama will move back to the crappy south side of Chicago.

any ticket with paul ryan will not get more than 30% of the vote

I would like to see him defend his votes on both wars, medicare part D, etc and then have the clips played in front of him when he starts railing against deficit spending after Obama got in

Christi already said he wasnt running. Rubio has no experience.
Mitch Daniels/Lamar Alexander.

mith daniels would get destroyed. another social conservative/wanna be facist, big government lover

:clap2::clap2::clap2: Cain, West, in 2012
Your thoughts.
Paul/Cain or Cain/Paul, either way.

I like Paul/Cain... Cain is more palatable to the "Fuck you bitch!" type of political person and because of that he would make a very good if not great VP.

Ron is smart, knows how Government works and when in debate he owns people not with talking shit but by flat out proving they don't know what they fuck they are talking about. Why many others give *personal* reasons on why they are against this war but for another war RP spells out why the wars should not have happened and should be ended per the constitution and law.

I think a RP/HC ticket would do very very well in 2012... Cain would make a shitty President because he is arrogant and it seems obvious he knows what to do but no clue how to realistically get it done. More or less Cain would say "I'm gonna go in and say bitchz do it like this!" and when President he would realize that would never work.

Think about it though folks. If the GOP retains a substantial group in Congress and takes the White House in 2012, AND, if they make themselves as unpopular among both Democrats and Republicans as the last group in that situation, I'm guessing the Republican Party will have signed its own death warrant. And the country will be little better off than it is now.

Hardcore Democrats don't seem to care as much about results or performance or progress as they care about keeping the free flow of government largesse coming their way and the right things being said from the bully pulpit. Just gild any tarnished lily and they are happy. And there's more of them than anybody else.

I think more Republicans and all conservative independents are more results and performance oriented, do not tolerate being lied to or deceived, and are more willing to criticize their leadership for dishonesty or substandard performance. They won't tolerate four more years of liberal light.

Think about it though folks. If the GOP retains a substantial group in Congress and takes the White House in 2012, AND, if they make themselves as unpopular among both Democrats and Republicans as the last group in that situation, I'm guessing the Republican Party will have signed its own death warrant. And the country will be little better off than it is now.

Hardcore Democrats don't seem to care as much about results or performance or progress as they care about keeping the free flow of government largesse coming their way and the right things being said from the bully pulpit. Just gild any tarnished lily and they are happy. And there's more of them than anybody else.

I think more Republicans and all conservative independents are more results and performance oriented, do not tolerate being lied to or deceived, and are more willing to criticize their leadership for dishonesty or substandard performance. They won't tolerate four more years of liberal light.

Performance oriented while being Liberty-Minded. ;)

Performance oriented? You must be joking.

The only thing the Republicans are oriented toward is the oil companies, the coal companies, Wall Street, the religious right, and the wealthy.

Performance oriented? You must be joking.

The only thing the Republicans are oriented toward is the oil companies, the coal companies, Wall Street, the religious right, and the wealthy.

And banging women who aren't their wives. Can't forget that orientation!

And banging men who aren't their wives as well.

Oh cool, sweeping generalizations.

The Tea Party is not focused on specifics but on principles. If the government gets back to an understanding and its original purpose to protect the unalienable rights of the people, all other issues can be corrected appropriately as necessary.

I got a similar answer when the Tea Party folk came to my campus. Of course, my question was asking them about specifics in policy. The ones who were there of course didn't support a host of things that would actually protect the unalienable rights of the people. Just as amusing when I ask those who say they want to take back our country what exactly they are trying to take it back from.

I got a similar answer when the Tea Party folk came to my campus. Of course, my question was asking them about specifics in policy. The ones who were there of course didn't support a host of things that would actually protect the unalienable rights of the people. Just as amusing when I ask those who say they want to take back our country what exactly they are trying to take it back from.

Then they are ill-informed aren't they?

Forum List

Back