2012 is a Referendum on George W. Bush

So will conservatives heed the 2012 referendum?

America is going to tell the TeaTards and their oligarch masters to pound sand. Will the conservatives heed that message? Or will they just double down on the stupid, drive out the last sane people, and start the official self-destruction countdown of their party?

57 % still blame Bush...this was a CNN (commie news network) poll people

take it for what it is, crap..:lol:

America is going to tell the TeaTards and their oligarch masters to pound sand. Will the conservatives heed that message? Or will they just double down on the stupid, drive out the last sane people, and start the official self-destruction countdown of their party?

Better stock up on the Xanbars or see if you can find some Mexican Qualudes.... you're gonna need 'em.

:lol:

Likely the latter.

And GWB is indeed very much part of this election, whether republicans elect to acknowledge that fact or not.

For those of us who do not wish to read the 197 pages in this book, could you provide some of the highlights? I'm mainly interested in what the author describes as "what went wrong in Washington during the Bush years."

Rinata - Since you've read the book, would you mind answering my question? I would appreciate it.

Why do I get the feeling that Rinata has not read the book?

Give her credit, she tried too, but all the chicken and cheeseburger grease kept ruining the pages..... :thup:

New ebook Argues 2012 is a Referendum on George W. Bush

Every president since Gerald Ford has attended his party’s first convention after leaving office. Not George W. Bush. His name was barely mentioned in Tampa, or during the GOP primaries, or in any of thousands of Republican campaign ads aired so far this cycle.

Yet during this 2012 race the legacy of his administration is to Republicans like the proverbial elephant in the room, a presence too embarrassing to recognize but too overwhelming not to matter. In poll after poll, voters blame the poor economy not on Obama, but on Bush — and Bush’s policies are hard to distinguish from Romney’s. The Romney campaign has tried to make the race a referendum on Obama. It is shaping up, ironically, to be a referendum on Bush.

A new ebook, Elephant in the Room: Washington in the Bush Years, explores why, despite efforts to airbrush him out of today’s political conversation, the 43rd president remains central to it.

Whether you’re a liberal or a conservative, Elephant in the Room is a timely and important book premised on the idea that comprehending what went wrong in Washington during the Bush years is key to understanding what can be done to set the country right.

Political Animal - New ebook Argues 2012 is a Referendum on George W. Bush

What an interesting concept. And it is true that the GOP would like to forget GWB even existed. He is NEVER mentioned in the Romney campaign at all.
Psssst! Bush isn't running for President.

You might as well have said that Bush doesn't love pie. That has about as much to do with the topic in my post as what you said. The post was not about Bush running for president as much as it's not about his eating habits!!!! Didn't mean to confuse you.
You're not capable of confusing me. :lol:

This election is a referendum on Barack Obama. Period. End of story.

Not my fault you can't defend his record, but oh well.

2uf4jmd.jpg

motivatora7f67c40278b09df9b96e.jpg

The continuing attempts by progressives to try and blame the failures of THEIR policies on a President who hasn't been sitting behind the desk in the Oval Office for almost FOUR YEARS is becoming more and more amusing to watch.

George W. Bush isn't "mentioned" because he isn't the candidate. Mitt Romney is. Barack Obama is as well but since your side wants nothing to do with trying to defend the results of HIS policies you've given us a campaign not based on Obama's record but based on blaming Bush and trying to portray Obama as the second coming of Bill Clinton. It's what you do when you KNOW that your own candidate's record SUCKS.

* * * * President Obama's record is just fine. * * * *

:lmao:
:lmao::lmao:
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I had no idea that Rinata was so funny.
Sometimes she's humorous, too...

You idiots have been saying the GOP is done for years now.

You SUCK at predicting stuff. :lol:

Likely the latter.

And GWB is indeed very much part of this election, whether republicans elect to acknowledge that fact or not.
And when stamping your feet and insisting it's so proves ineffective, perhaps you can escalate to threatening to hold your breath until you turn blue.

The book's Amazon page:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009EXW8KO]Elephant in the Room: Washington in the Bush Years: Paul Glastris,Steve Benen: Amazon.com: Kindle Store[/ame]

Suggested Tags from Similar Products (What's this?)
Be the first one to add a relevant tag (keyword that's strongly related to this product).

Check a corresponding box or enter your own tags in the field below.

alternate history(1)
alternative history(1)​

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The continuing attempts by progressives to try and blame the failures of THEIR policies on a President who hasn't been sitting behind the desk in the Oval Office for almost FOUR YEARS is becoming more and more amusing to watch.

George W. Bush isn't "mentioned" because he isn't the candidate. Mitt Romney is. Barack Obama is as well but since your side wants nothing to do with trying to defend the results of HIS policies you've given us a campaign not based on Obama's record but based on blaming Bush and trying to portray Obama as the second coming of Bill Clinton. It's what you do when you KNOW that your own candidate's record SUCKS.

* * * * President Obama's record is just fine. * * * *

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I had no idea that Rinata was so funny.

You apparently have no idea about many things.

For those of us who do not wish to read the 197 pages in this book, could you provide some of the highlights? I'm mainly interested in what the author describes as "what went wrong in Washington during the Bush years."

Rinata - Since you've read the book, would you mind answering my question? I would appreciate it.

Why do I get the feeling that Rinata has not read the book?

You two are nuts!!! You actually think I would go to all that trouble for you??? The only reason you're asking is because you want to make fun and be able to voice your terribly cute remarks. Forget it. If you're interested in the book, read it. If not, don't.

57 % still blame Bush...this was a CNN (commie news network) poll people

take it for what it is, crap..:lol:

Go watch Fox News. They will tell you EXACTLY what you want to hear. It was made for people that don't want the truth. Like you.

Psssst! Bush isn't running for President.

You might as well have said that Bush doesn't love pie. That has about as much to do with the topic in my post as what you said. The post was not about Bush running for president as much as it's not about his eating habits!!!! Didn't mean to confuse you.

His record does not need defending, Dave. Damn!!! Do you need it set to music???

His record does not need defending, Dave. Damn!!! Do you need it set to music???
It needs defending -- badly -- but you can't.

Stamping your feet and pouting is proving ineffective. Perhaps you should threaten to hold your breath until you turn blue...?

Forum List

Back